Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: PowerCon Reveals

Heroic Warrior
    Wow… Both sets look fantastic. Mine are both in great shape out of the box. The Horde set’s revolving window box is awesome.

I doubt they will fit because of the extra fur on the legs, but has anyone tried to see if the metal boots on Dupli-Cat could fit on a Classics Battle Cat?

Heroic Warrior
    weird i didnt get my grayskull set shipping notice yet if others are receiving it but yet i got the duplicat and horde set. weird they arent just shipping this stuff all together and everything is in seperate boxes. it must be more cost effective with labor to just pull a single item and ship rather than track orders and pack together over anything they would save on shipping.

anyone else kinda annoyed by the horde packaging? outside of swiveling the package around 3 times and it loses its appeal in five minutes it ends up just being a waste of space. all collectors end up in space danger and i have no idea where to display this thing. the figures could easily fit in the standard sky sled / duplicat packaging. im sure im alone on it but i just dont get the point of it at all.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by classic View Post
    weird i didnt get my grayskull set shipping notice yet if others are receiving it but yet i got the duplicat and horde set. weird they arent just shipping this stuff all together and everything is in seperate boxes. it must be more cost effective with labor to just pull a single item and ship rather than track orders and pack together over anything they would save on shipping.

anyone else kinda annoyed by the horde packaging? outside of swiveling the package around 3 times and it loses its appeal in five minutes it ends up just being a waste of space. all collectors end up in space danger and i have no idea where to display this thing. the figures could easily fit in the standard sky sled / duplicat packaging. im sure im alone on it but i just dont get the point of it at all.
    The horde packaging is that way to be unique and different so that they can charge extra for a "premium" packaging. Each figure in the set cost $37.50 dollars. The Evil Horde 4 pack is way more expensive compared to Leo Faker and Dupli-Cat or the Mysteries of Castle Grayskull set.

I got my Grayskull set in today. I love the packaging, but I'm really, really disappointed in the Spirit of Grayskull. It's not translucent like in the preview picture at all, it's just this blob of green plastic that doesn't even really resemble anything from a distance. Might just throw my flying Stratos back up in the tower and leave it in the box.

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    I got my Grayskull set in today. I love the packaging, but I'm really, really disappointed in the Spirit of Grayskull. It's not translucent like in the preview picture at all, it's just this blob of green plastic that doesn't even really resemble anything from a distance. Might just throw my flying Stratos back up in the tower and leave it in the box.
    This was a real disappointment for me as well. I wish the it was more like the preview photos. Those early minicomics were my favorites, and formed many of my preferences for MOTU.

Blown away by this thing in person
    Instagram: dadhausen

Can we finally get a magenta armoured Faker now?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DadStrong View Post
    Agreed. I really like the boxes for both this and the Horde pack.

What the heck is the name of that “witch” that’s all over the box? I thought she was a proto-Evil-Lyn and that I had seen her on BattleRam’s site but when I looked I couldn’t find her again. I know I’ve seen her before.

Quote Originally Posted by whakojacko View Post
    Agreed. I really like the boxes for both this and the Horde pack.

What the heck is the name of that “witch” that’s all over the box? I thought she was a proto-Evil-Lyn and that I had seen her on BattleRam’s site but when I looked I couldn’t find her again. I know I’ve seen her before.
    That's Sultra. Never forget who she is again lest you invoke the wrath of Penny Dreadful!

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Can we finally get a magenta armoured Faker now?
    YES! i would love that, make it a mass release version of the PC version with a faker car w magenta armor as well.
    cogito ergo doleo

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    That's Sultra. Never forget who she is again lest you invoke the wrath of Penny Dreadful!
    Yeah but wasn’t she linked to Evil-Lyn somehow? Sultra is the first name that came to mind when I saw her on the box when my set arrived Wednesday. It’s also a name I always associated with Evil-Lyn and I thought that on the Battle Ram site that he had pics of Evil-Lyn looking just like this but now I can’t find them. Unless it was somewhere else.

Like, I remember this:
    http://https://battleramblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Colin-Bailey-Evil-Lyn.jpg

Colin-Bailey-Evil-Lyn.jpg

but I can’t remember where I’ve seen “Sultra” looking the way she does on Faker’s box art.
    Last edited by whakojacko; October 29, 2021 at 09:32pm.

THAT is a huge bummer...the translucency is what makes it the Spirit. Very disappointed to hear this.

Yeah but wasn’t she linked to Evil-Lyn somehow? Sultra is the first name that came to mind when I saw her on the box when my set arrived Wednesday. It’s also a name I always associated with Evil-Lyn and I thought that on the Battle Ram site that he had pics of Evil-Lyn looking just like this but now I can’t find them. Unless it was somewhere else.

Like, I remember this:
    http://https://battleramblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Colin-Bailey-Evil-Lyn.jpg

Colin-Bailey-Evil-Lyn.jpg

but I can’t remember where I’ve seen “Sultra” looking the way she does on Faker’s box art.
    Yes, Sultra is Evil-Lyn's early concept name.

The green witch was a design by Ted Mayer that was never made into a figure.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Yes, Sultra is Evil-Lyn's early concept name.

The green witch was a design by Ted Mayer that was never made into a figure.
    Any idea where I might have seen that other pic by any chance? Swore you had it up lol

Actually I think I figured it out:
    http://https://www.target.com/p/he-man-and-the-masters-of-the-universe-a-character-guide-and-world-compendium-hardcover/-/A-82378000

I think it was either this book or one of the others they put out. Forgot I had them on PDF.
    Last edited by whakojacko; October 30, 2021 at 11:19am.

Court Magician
    When I got my Grayskull set from Mattel . I got a shipping notice email and two hours later I got an out for delivery email.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SVantley View Post
    When I got my Grayskull set from Mattel . I got a shipping notice email and two hours later I got an out for delivery email.
    I hope that happens to me. My Grayskull, Leo Faker, and Sun Man has been in "preparing for shipping" mode for 10 days now.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbase0000 View Post
    I hope that happens to me. My Grayskull, Leo Faker, and Sun Man has been in "preparing for shipping" mode for 10 days now.
    I just don’t want to find out mine were delivered while I was in the house all day not expecting them, went to bed, woke up the next day none the wiser, get the delivery notice well afterwards, and now they’re missing or something.

Heroic Warrior
    I just don’t want to find out mine were delivered while I was in the house all day not expecting them, went to bed, woke up the next day none the wiser, get the delivery notice well afterwards, and now they’re missing or something.
    I feel lucky that my wife and I order a lot of stuff online and we never had a missing package. Especially now with Covid my wife does all her shopping online only nowadays. Some weeks we get 2 dozen packages but we at least get a handful of packages a week. We live in a good area even though I feel that it is strange because 3 of the houses next to me are all leased so lots of people coming and going but still no missing packages. I've lived here for 8 years. Two months ago I went on a vacation and I had 6 large packages delivered to my house. The packages were all shipped out earlier than expected. I have Ring and saw the packages piled up and in front of my house and very conspicuous. I was checking my Ring cameras all the time since my dad couldn't come by to pick them up until 3 full days later and when he got there - all 6 large packages were still there in all visible and sitting in front of my house.

Video review of the 4 Horde Pack.

https://youtu.be/ZQVwaU9fKYA

Looks amazing, the package and the figures. Well done Mattel. I can't wait for The Fright Zone and Snake Mountain.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Has anyone tried the Origins Trooper head on a Classics Trooper body?

Wondering if the black head can be used on the Classics Snake Troopers…

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by EdHaskel View Post
    My Leo Faker was the exact opposite. Barely fit in the box and of course was damaged!!

https://i.ibb.co/7X91YYK/5-A7-E310-B...-C5508-FDB.jpg
    https://i.ibb.co/d23db2B/2-B183041-B...8-CBE49243.jpg
    So Mattel said I could return the Leo Faker set and be put on a list for a possible replacement, but no guarantee. If they can't replace it, they'll refund my $60. I guess I'll keep it as I'm almost certain they didn't hold any back....

Make sure to examine your sets closely for mismatched or missing parts/pieces. Looks like my blue Hordak has two right shins, though the boots and feet seem correct. Could certainly be a worse error like missing accessories or two full misassembled legs, but QC quibbles like this on limited exclusives are especially aggravating.

I agree. It doesn't seem like smoke or mist, more like slime-blob-thing. I am thinking of cutting away where the eyes, nose, and teeth are so that light shines through those a little better. It should look like the Spirit in the mini-comics a little more.

Also, the dungeon grate with tentacle does not fit under the second floor very well, but it makes for a nice display off to the side.

At least the Grayskull robot/space suit looks amazing. I really like it. But I wish it came with the blue laser-rifle.

I was also hoping for maybe a little poster in the box, but over all am very happy.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

It’s that time again: let’s decipher a new Mattel label that just appeared in my FedEx app. Weighs 4.1 pounds. The only outstanding MC orders I have are for the Grayskull set and Sun-Man.