Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: PowerCon Reveals

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy Skeletor View Post
    That's what I figured but then the dragon is gonna need to be slightly oversized no matter what you'd think? For the visual and action feature?
    It can be the same size/scale as the original origins are the same scale as the original.
    cogito ergo doleo

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    It can be the same size/scale as the original origins are the same scale as the original.
    That's kinda what I mean, it was proportionally weird anyway because it had to be.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mattel-Crea...-127632-2357-0

The funny thing is that this really doesnít surprise me
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post

Hmmm that asking price is... "interesting". Who arrives at that particular price unless they're saying something. Even if their price wasn't ridiculous I wouldn't buy from him. Anyway, doesn't shock me either.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Iím finding collecting MOTU more frustrating than ever.

All these Power-Con/Mattel Creations exclusives are near impossible to get in the UK unless youíre willing to spend ludicrous amounts of money which I just canít afford or justify.

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    Iím finding collecting MOTU more frustrating than ever.

All these Power-Con/Mattel Creations exclusives are near impossible to get in the UK unless youíre willing to spend ludicrous amounts of money which I just canít afford or justify.
    Thatís why, in my mind, they are no more legitimate than bootlegs. Sub-par prototypes too rare to be considered part of the official line.

One canít be expected to own a missile-firing vintage Boba Fett. Same thing with Power-Con exclusives.

Not worth the time or money.

Their very existence creates a caste system with the MOTU community of ďhavesĒ and ďhave notsĒ. I refuse to participate and encourage others to do the same.

Mattel already announced there will be a standard release of Sun Man, so as long as we don't pay these prices, these scalpers will have to lower them. And believe me...Mattel didn't invest the 100s of thousands of dollars in tooling for a small run. Any figure with unique tooling will get a standard release, just need to wait it out.

Are we getting some inhands pics from the power con sets before the shipping begins?

Quote Originally Posted by 0RK0 View Post
    Are we getting some inhands pics from the power con sets before the shipping begins?
    They usually release photos closer to the shipping window.

Widget
    I've only seen the pitcures of the FF He-Man and TC Skeletor and haven't watched any of the videos (just don't have time), but has it been mentioned anywhere if TP He-Man and TC Skeletor will have alternate heads/hands to swap out and muck around with?

Really hoping for some clenched fists!

Quote Originally Posted by 0RK0 View Post
    Probably won't until someone gets them in hand. Right now nothing has yet shipped to anyone.
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    I’m finding collecting MOTU more frustrating than ever.

All these Power-Con/Mattel Creations exclusives are near impossible to get in the UK unless you’re willing to spend ludicrous amounts of money which I just can’t afford or justify.
    Impossible more than JUST the UK the whole planet....

This is why they should limit these to ONE per person and ONE shipping address and or payment info when you get 5 per you can have one person buy different times but use the same address and payment info...this needs to stop already...Christ....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FASAfan View Post
    That’s why, in my mind, they are no more legitimate than bootlegs. Sub-par prototypes too rare to be considered part of the official line.

One can’t be expected to own a missile-firing vintage Boba Fett. Same thing with Power-Con exclusives.

Not worth the time or money.

Their very existence creates a caste system with the MOTU community of “haves” and “have nots”. I refuse to participate and encourage others to do the same.
    Amen it all comes down to "I got mine" so cares about anyone else...Or the "Buddy" system...

People actually WANT to spend money on this brand Mattel whay are you so BLINDLY turning your back on them/us??
    Last edited by Megalodon; October 10, 2021 at 06:38pm.

Heroic Warrior
    'Tooling costs a fortune! And there's minimum order quantities! That's why we've made these convention exclusives in extremely limited numbers that come with accessories we'll likely never use again...'

That's not so true true of Mattel but the general point still stands. And molds are expensive? The KO market can clearly afford them for every toyline you can think of, occasionally at higher quality!

I'm just trying to get a Mysteries of Grayskull PowerCon set - I'm hoping some other sites might get them in. Anyone know of any places selling them?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerSword83 View Post
    I'm just trying to get a Mysteries of Grayskull PowerCon set - I'm hoping some other sites might get them in. Anyone know of any places selling them?
    Mattel mentioned that the sale of the Power Con exclusives on 9/13 that sold out within 3 minutes will be the only time the Power Con exclusives will be offered officially via Mattel Creations. You will be looking at ebay and paying ~4 times the cost of retail. The Mysteries of Grayskull PowerCon MSRP was $30 and the cheapest option I see now on ebay is $120 dollars.

The only other site besides Power Con that was able to officially sell the Power Con exclusives at a markup at $49.99 was BBTS due to a Power Con partnership and those sold out almost immediately. BBTS got an allocated amount of the Power Con exclusives so if someone canceled their pre-order, it will be back up for order on BBTS website but it will only be a handful if that so it will go extremely fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbase0000 View Post
    Mattel mentioned that the sale of the Power Con exclusives on 9/13 that sold out within 3 minutes will be the only time the Power Con exclusives will be offered officially via Mattel Creations. You will be looking at ebay and paying ~4 times the cost of retail. The Mysteries of Grayskull PowerCon MSRP was $30 and the cheapest option I see now on ebay is $120 dollars.

The only other site besides Power Con that was able to officially sell the Power Con exclusives at a markup at $49.99 was BBTS due to a Power Con partnership and those sold out almost immediately. BBTS got an allocated amount of the Power Con exclusives so if someone canceled their pre-order, it will be back up for order on BBTS website but it will only be a handful if that so it will go extremely fast.
    See who does making exclusives REALLY benefit? It doesn't benefit everyone looses...I've been to comic con and other con's over the year if anyone thinks that if these sites don't have these exclusives they will be a failure and people will not come to these con's is sadly mistaken because they are wrong...For someone not to make as many as they can to:

1.Make as much money for Mattel makes sense
    2.Appease the fans by making them AFFORDABLE and AVAILABLE (Gee that's a concept)

Kinda makes you wonder who makes these whack decisions????? And why??

Check the marketplace, a few members had some for sale/trade
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Check the marketplace, a few members had some for sale/trade
    I appreciate all the advice though - saw it was listed on BBTS the day of and had sold out prob minutes after the actual thing sold out. Mattel is just plain dumb - who WOULDN'T want that robot sentry for their Grayskull?

I appreciate all the advice though - saw it was listed on BBTS the day of and had sold out prob minutes after the actual thing sold out. Mattel is just plain dumb - who WOULDN'T want that robot sentry for their Grayskull?
    Yeah I refuse to pay money to be able to access a topic in a public forum simply because I have used Yahoo email my entire life. I don't want or need another email. I'm a member of many different boards and I have never heard of such a thing until I came here.
    Last edited by depp76; October 16, 2021 at 11:32pm.

Court Magician
    I got the Grayskull set but know I’m not sure if I still want it. Keep in mind I not asking for a trade or sell it here. Since I’m not part of the market place.

Edit
    I originally got it for my castle Grayskull that’s been in the garage for 8+ years. But I have no room to display it so it went back into the garage
    Last edited by SVantley; October 17, 2021 at 01:50am.

'Tooling costs a fortune! And there's minimum order quantities! That's why we've made these convention exclusives in extremely limited numbers that come with accessories we'll likely never use again...'

That's not so true true of Mattel but the general point still stands. And molds are expensive? The KO market can clearly afford them for every toyline you can think of, occasionally at higher quality!
    I dont entirely buy into the "tooling costs a fortune" story when Matty was able to pull of a Classics "Lizard Man"? Almost entirely new sculpt for a character no one asked for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    Can someone please throw that Tri-Klops armor on a Classics buck, and tell us how it fits?

Want to try and make a Classics Mini Comic Tri-Klops if possible.
    https://youtu.be/G1VyYMMKYaI?t=1031

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ToyCulture View Post
    I dont entirely buy into the "tooling costs a fortune" story when Matty was able to pull of a Classics "Lizard Man"? Almost entirely new sculpt for a character no one asked for.

- - - Updated - - -

https://youtu.be/G1VyYMMKYaI?t=1031
    Thanks! That video gives a better show of the fit than Pixel Dan's video. It fits like the Fisto/Clamp Champ armors which is too snug on a Classics buck in my opinion.

And Super7 could afford nearly 100% new tools for each filmation figure when they were doing those. They'd create new torsos instead of using the overlay systems. Their prices have gone bonkers lately but they still completely tool every figure (which is probably why they're bonkers but still, they're doing it). There can't be more than a couple thousand of the newer Ultimates figures made.
    Please check out my custom figures. The first few stink but I get better.

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?277602-Masters-of-the-Hadleyverse

I also wrote a fanfic. See the fanfic board. At least four people like it.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    And Super7 could afford nearly 100% new tools for each filmation figure when they were doing those. They'd create new torsos instead of using the overlay systems. Their prices have gone bonkers lately but they still completely tool every figure (which is probably why they're bonkers but still, they're doing it). There can't be more than a couple thousand of the newer Ultimates figures made.
    Super 7 is such a scam company - I don't trust Brian Flynn at all. Guy has made a business of looking like the "cool toy guy" who makes exactly what you want and fleeces you in the process. They are 6"-8" action figure TOYS that should cost at MAXIMUM like $20 just like everyone else. They aren't some small company anymore and ironically, when they were, they were selling 5POA figures for $10 a pop. Now that they have loads of capital, they charge $20 for the very same figures. Ridiculous - they are making money hand over fist on collector's backs. $50 action figures are such a joke. They are in no way that valuable - unfortunately, many people still buy them because of the properties that they have exclusivity to. Such a shame, the figures look great. Don't they realize that if they priced them better people would buy multiples and entire waves? It's just so stupid. Sell a few at a higher cost but don't sell that many, or sell a ton at a lower cost and still make it up on the back end.

Super 7 is such a scam company - I don't trust Brian Flynn at all. Guy has made a business of looking like the "cool toy guy" who makes exactly what you want and fleeces you in the process. They are 6"-8" action figure TOYS that should cost at MAXIMUM like $20 just like everyone else. They aren't some small company anymore and ironically, when they were, they were selling 5POA figures for $10 a pop. Now that they have loads of capital, they charge $20 for the very same figures. Ridiculous - they are making money hand over fist on collector's backs. $50 action figures are such a joke. They are in no way that valuable - unfortunately, many people still buy them because of the properties that they have exclusivity to. Such a shame, the figures look great. Don't they realize that if they priced them better people would buy multiples and entire waves? It's just so stupid. Sell a few at a higher cost but don't sell that many, or sell a ton at a lower cost and still make it up on the back end.
    I personally would rather sell 1 thing for $100 than 100 things for a $1. I am not defending, I guess but I did buy their Snake Mountain. I also stopped looking at those ReAction figures when they jumped to $18.