Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: PowerCon Reveals

Quote Originally Posted by Cammor View Post
    I personally would rather sell 1 thing for $100 than 100 things for a $1. I am not defending, I guess but I did buy their Snake Mountain. I also stopped looking at those ReAction figures when they jumped to $18.
    Yeah I quicky dropped those ReAction things. They are as overpriced as their Ultimates figures, which I also dropped.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerSword83 View Post
    Super 7 is such a scam company - I don't trust Brian Flynn at all. Guy has made a business of looking like the "cool toy guy" who makes exactly what you want and fleeces you in the process. They are 6"-8" action figure TOYS that should cost at MAXIMUM like $20 just like everyone else. They aren't some small company anymore and ironically, when they were, they were selling 5POA figures for $10 a pop. Now that they have loads of capital, they charge $20 for the very same figures. Ridiculous - they are making money hand over fist on collector's backs. $50 action figures are such a joke. They are in no way that valuable - unfortunately, many people still buy them because of the properties that they have exclusivity to. Such a shame, the figures look great. Don't they realize that if they priced them better people would buy multiples and entire waves? It's just so stupid. Sell a few at a higher cost but don't sell that many, or sell a ton at a lower cost and still make it up on the back end.
    i agree that the prices are ridiculous and thats why i dont buy their product. but every company knows their equilibrium point of price vs quantity and im sure they figured out thats the point they maximize profits. just shows alot of people dont mind dropping $50 on a figure. again for me id rather buy other things i collect for cheaper, for those that enjoy it all the power to them.

when are power con exclusives shipping from Mattell?

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    when are power con exclusives shipping from Mattell?
    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...heim-CA/page56

Quote Originally Posted by classic View Post
    i agree that the prices are ridiculous and thats why i dont buy their product. but every company knows their equilibrium point of price vs quantity and im sure they figured out thats the point they maximize profits. just shows alot of people dont mind dropping $50 on a figure. again for me id rather buy other things i collect for cheaper, for those that enjoy it all the power to them.
    Itís all I collect, so to me itís reasonable. Few Thundercats a year, few Turtles a year, the odd Mythic Legion. Doesnít end up much different from when I used to play more video games. But toys usually sell for more than what you paid, while video games rarely ever do.
    Please check out my custom figures. The first few stink but I get better.

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?277602-Masters-of-the-Hadleyverse

I also wrote a fanfic. See the fanfic board. At least four people like it.

Thanks ED appreciate it

Heroic Warrior
    so i got a shipping notice last week that powercon exclusives were shipping. However, it doesnt show them picked up yet. Did anyone else actually have their order shipped. Giving the notice and doing nothing with it just gets us excited prematurely and confused. Dont say your shipping if you actually dont.

Quote Originally Posted by classic View Post
    so i got a shipping notice last week that powercon exclusives were shipping. However, it doesnt show them picked up yet. Did anyone else actually have their order shipped. Giving the notice and doing nothing with it just gets us excited prematurely and confused. Dont say your shipping if you actually dont.
    Same thing here. Maybe they jumped the gun sending out emails or FedEx is to blame, I dunno. Some people definitely already received theirs. Hopefully theyíll start to move sometime this week.

With staffing issues, probably on both the warehouse/fulfillment side and with Fedex, I have had packages from multiple online retailers sitting in shipped/awaiting carrier pickup status for days and sometimes weeks before there is any tracking movement.

Court Magician
    FedEx finally updated to reflect they picked up my Faker set, should be here in a day or so.

Yep, Faker and the Horde set now show some movement. Itís odd that the Grayskull pack didnít also go out with everything else considering theyíre all from the same order.

Heroic Warrior
    My faker and Mysteries of Castle Grayskull been in preparing to ship mode for 5 days from mattel. My evil horde pack been waiting for pickup (label created) mode and awaiting FedEx pickup for 7 days…..

Heroic Warrior
    my order just went from pending pick up to out for delivery today. cant wait to see them in hand.

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    My Grayskull set was supposed to be here today, but the FedEx truck that left a depot less than 2 hours from our local hub at 8pm yesterday apparently did not arrive this morning before the trucks went out, so looks like tomorrow.

Court Magician
    I have two packages out for delivery today, but have not received any notice of movement on Secretes of Grayskull (which I'm assuming the second one is).

I order quite a number of things from Hasbro Pulse, and while I appreciate their reliability, they're notorious for shipping quite late in shipping. This is a pleasant experience comparatively speaking.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wehrmanm View Post
    I have two packages out for delivery today, but have not received any notice of movement on Secretes of Grayskull (which I'm assuming the second one is).
    Apparently mine have been delivered. Gotta wait to go home to see lol.
    I order quite a number of things from Hasbro Pulse, and while I appreciate their reliability, they're notorious for shipping quite late in shipping. This is a pleasant experience comparatively speaking.
    Um what? Lol

Court Magician
    Haha, not enough coffee just yet today. I meant to say Hasbro is notorious for shipping later than the vendors it works with (I have preorders with them not shipping until February for products hitting shelves now). So the timeliness of Mattel's shipping is pleasant by comparison.

Heroic Warrior
    Haha, not enough coffee just yet today. I meant to say Hasbro is notorious for shipping later than the vendors it works with (I have preorders with them not shipping until February for products hitting shelves now). So the timeliness of Mattel's shipping is pleasant by comparison.
    Um well thatís interesting. I never ordered anything from them that wasnít initially an exclusive to Pulse. So Iím pretty much at their mercy until they ship my stuff. Good to know though.

Heroic Warrior
    FedEx just picked up my 2 evil horde pack after 8 days of waiting. Now I just need Mattel to finish their preparing to ship for Leo Faker, Grayskull pack, sun man which itís been in for a week and actually send it out.

Heroic Warrior
    Man, they send the Horde in a box big enough to contain all of the PowerCon stuff.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by whakojacko View Post
    Man, they send the Horde in a box big enough to contain all of the PowerCon stuff.
    My Leo Faker was the exact opposite. Barely fit in the box and of course was damaged!!

Quote Originally Posted by EdHaskel View Post
    My Leo Faker was the exact opposite. Barely fit in the box and of course was damaged!!

https://i.ibb.co/7X91YYK/5-A7-E310-B...-C5508-FDB.jpg
    https://i.ibb.co/d23db2B/2-B183041-B...8-CBE49243.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by EdHaskel View Post

https://i.ibb.co/7X91YYK/5-A7-E310-B...-C5508-FDB.jpg
    https://i.ibb.co/d23db2B/2-B183041-B...8-CBE49243.jpg
    Oh, let me clarifyÖ My Horde pack was sent in a box big enough for everything, with a ton of packing bubblesÖ all on the top of the box. SMH

Nothing on the sides or bottom.

My Faker set came in a properly sized box. As for what you got, I would not be happy. Hopefully this isnít the norm and omg I can only imagine if this happens to anyone that attended the Con with plans to pick up their orders.

Court Magician
    My Secrets of Grayskull was shipped in a box so large I initially thought they'd flubbed and sent me a second Horde set. Holy cow they're losing money on shipping (but hey it was very well protected, that's for sure!)

Court Magician
    My Grayskull set came in today
    Attached Images Attached Images