Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: PowerCon Reveals

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    Thatís kind of a bummer. I mean itís great what theyíre doing with masterverse, but itís going to be years if super7 is going to be able to do anything.
    Was that with or without pun intended?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I like the reveals, but I'm kind of annoyed Sun Man and mini comics Tri-Klops will go on sale when I am likely flying home from Power-Con.
    Yeah. That is my problem too. Kinda crappy they put all this stuff and shogun skeletor up for sale when people were traveling to and from the con.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    From what's circulating on social, they are Mark Taylor's original designs, but tweaked just enough to not get into legal trouble.
    What legal issue would Mattel need to change? Any actual proof of that or is this another toy guru rumor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val-Or View Post
    Worst of all, the Mattel team didn’t show up in person and only took a few softballs from social media instead of the Zoom chat. They laughed more than once about fans being upset about lack of availability.

Once I’m done with the vintage characters I had as a kid, I’ll be done with Origins and finally done with Mattel. The ******* in the knit cap made a defensive remark about how they have “listened to the fans,” but that’s just a smokescreen to cover their lack of support of fans who can’t get the product. These people are starting to make Neitlich look like an almost decent human being by comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah. As a person that came to the con it was crappy Mattel didn’t show up to their panels in person.
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by Val-Or View Post
    Very disappointing overall. STILL no Moss Man, more repaints than new characters, more focus on a divisive show, focus on a new take few if any want, and the inclusion of a character that would do more for true representation as a separate universe than becoming part of MOTU.

Worst of all, the Mattel team didnít show up in person and only took a few softballs from social media instead of the Zoom chat. They laughed more than once about fans being upset about lack of availability.

Once Iím done with the vintage characters I had as a kid, Iíll be done with Origins and finally done with Mattel. The ******* in the knit cap made a defensive remark about how they have ďlistened to the fans,Ē but thatís just a smokescreen to cover their lack of support of fans who canít get the product. These people are starting to make Neitlich look like an almost decent human being by comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 11/6/2021

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Was that with or without pun intended?
    Little of both lol. Sorry I really had my fingers crossed
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    Little of both lol. Sorry I really had my fingers crossed
    Understandable.

It would be great to get more classics from anywhere. Maybe by the time Super7 would get that chance they would be a much more reliable toy company as far as quality and release schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    What legal issue would Mattel need to change? Any actual proof of that or is this another toy guru rumor.
    Toy Guru? What? No. This is via Adam Freeman, who works closely with Mark and Rebecca. Apparently, the design was changed enough so as to not compensate them.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Has anyone from Mattel addressed the Minicomic Trap Jaw origins figure has obviously miscolored black regular trapjaw parts in his arm? No one has seemed to say anything about it. It was even like that in the diorama display at Powercon.

Has anyone from Mattel addressed the Minicomic Trap Jaw origins figure has obviously miscolored black regular trapjaw parts in his arm? No one has seemed to say anything about it. It was even like that in the diorama display at Powercon.

https://i.toynewsi.com/g/generated/2...scaled_600.jpg
    I noticed that too. It would be nice to get the whole arm is silver but it could have something to do with the construction of the and/or the materials used to make those parts of the arm.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 11/6/2021

I never ordered from mattel creations before and was wondering if they are scalper proofed in anyway? I mean do they limit quantities like hasbropulse and have some sort of captcha system? I will be at work and will be trying to get a dungeon monster set and a triklops. I totally missed out on the masterverse scareglow and really want the accessories for the castle. I'm going to try to login when they go live but just wondered what I would be up against

Here is the Trap Jaw figure in the display. Just noticed he has the wrong left arm as well. It should be a standard human arm not the Man-Faces Trap Jaw arm and hand. Also why are Anti Eternia He-Man's Hair, boots, and loin cloth Magenta?

Disappointed in the Minicomic Stratos. He should have Toed feet and the waist belt not the feather strap harness. It's just a lazy repaint.

And woof at that Skeletor head on the Terror Claws Skeletor. This line is so hit and miss.

Quote Originally Posted by merman78 View Post
    I never ordered from mattel creations before and was wondering if they are scalper proofed in anyway?
    I have not either, but based on what I've seen based on the Scareglow sales, there's no way it is scalper-proof.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Quote Originally Posted by Karatzis View Post
    No news about minis?
    Unfortunately not, hope this doesn't mean it the end of that line.
    UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    MOTUC He-Ro Staff with green gem
    Keshi Mantenna in red

I have not either, but based on what I've seen based on the Scareglow sales, there's no way it is scalper-proof.
    Dang.... well that kind of sucks. That means there's probably no limit on quantity and people might even be able to use "bots" like they do on the target site and others. Guess I'll find out tomorrow...IF I can even access the site during that time LOL (remembering the old days trying to get the SDCC items from the old hasbro site when they didn't even tell you a time or a day!)

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by merman78 View Post
    Dang.... well that kind of sucks. That means there's probably no limit on quantity and people might even be able to use "bots" like they do on the target site and others. Guess I'll find out tomorrow...IF I can even access the site during that time LOL (remembering the old days trying to get the SDCC items from the old hasbro site when they didn't even tell you a time or a day!)
    Every MOTU toy item I've seen on Mattel Creations has had a quantity limit (usually 2 or 3). The shirt and other items do not have limits.

Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    Every MOTU toy item I've seen on Mattel Creations has had a quantity limit (usually 2 or 3). The shirt and other items do not have limits.
    Thanks for the reply, that's great news

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Toy Guru? What? No. This is via Adam Freeman, who works closely with Mark and Rebecca. Apparently, the design was changed enough so as to not compensate them.

I'm sorry but we shouldn't believe much of what ABF says either. I'm not going say anything more than that, because he can't login to defend himself, but if you know him, you understand what I mean.
    Last edited by melmoth666; September 12, 2021 at 04:09pm.
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

Exclusive Scare Glow & MOTU Hot Wheels Had a limit of 2 per SDCC order during the SDCC sale. My guess is it will probably remain the same.
    Looking For Super 7's Club Grayskull Wave 1 Figures (Hordak, Teela, Man-At-Arms & Tri-Klops) !

Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    This part is true in this case. They have a limit of 3, but that's not to stop people from finding ways around this.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Yeah. As a person that came to the con it was crappy Mattel didnít show up to their panels in person.

Agreed. It was a let down that exclusives didn't show, but we were warned about that in advance. I was really expecting that the panelists would show up for the panels. I'm appreciative of the ones who did, but that was what, less than half of the panels? Heck, Mattel barely had people staffing their booth. I went by several times over multiple days and they didn't have anyone there either to answer any questions.

So is that it? All the reveals happened yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    Agreed. It was a let down that exclusives didn't show, but we were warned about that in advance. I was really expecting that the panelists would show up for the panels. I'm appreciative of the ones who did, but that was what, less than half of the panels? Heck, Mattel barely had people staffing their booth. I went by several times over multiple days and they didn't have anyone there either to answer any questions.
    Obviously at some point Mattel Corporate decided they weren't going to let anyone on their design team in a large crowd like that even with vaccines and masks. Liability and loss of work issues were too great of a risk. Hopefully at some point there will be an end to this situation we all find ourselves in instead of just new rolling phases of mitigation.

So all the main reveals were yesterday? Nothing today?

Heroic Warrior
    Obviously at some point Mattel Corporate decided they weren't going to let anyone on their design team in a large crowd like that even with vaccines and masks. Liability and loss of work issues were too great of a risk. Hopefully at some point there will be an end to this situation we all find ourselves in instead of just new rolling phases of mitigation.
    I totally understand that... I just wish it was communicated in advance to manage expectations like the exclusives were. As far as I'm aware, the only panel that was mentioned in advance that it wouldn't be in person was the Bear McCreary one. Maybe I missed that?

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    So all the main reveals were yesterday? Nothing today?
    Doesn't seem like it. I was hoping they were at least going to swap in/out some accessories, like the Terror Claws and Flying Fists to Skeletor and He-Man, giving the Masterverse figures their different weapons or their different heads/masks, etc.

Heroic Warrior
    In bbts mega construx items in presale Land shark and Hordak that hordak is monstroid an slime pit or a giant figure of hordak?