Thread: The Matrix: Resurrections Official Discussion Thread

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

The Matrix: Resurrections Official Discussion Thread

Well, I didn't see it anywhere so I guess I'll start the discussion here. After watching the trailer, I'm quite interested to see the film.

www.whatisthematrix.com
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Heroic Warrior
    I will undoubtedly watch it. Curiosity always gets the best of me. But I canít say I enjoyed the original trilogy as a whole. It was a real chore to get through them. Still I can appreciate the art of the films and the special effects etc. Although if Iím honest I canít really remember the originals at all except little bits and pieces.

Heroic Warrior
    I think it looks bad. I'm not going to watch it.

It just looks like a reboot of the first one plus the rumour of the woke ending doesnít sound promising.

I no doubt will see it eventually but doubt Iíll pay to see it in a theatre.

Heroic Warrior
    I really believe those rumblings the first movie's script was plagiarized and the sequels were what the Wachowskis were only ever truly capable of. Which, suffice to say, wasn't up to much.

Definitely gonna give it a watch. No Lawrence Fishburne and no Hugo Weaving though?? I read Weaving had scheduling conflicts but why did they recast Morpheus?
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

I'll probably watch it. Not sure it was needed as I thought the last one pretty well wrapped everything up.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"All you have is your fire, and the place you need to reach
    Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash"
    - Hozier, "Arsonist's Lullabye"

I'll definitely watch it but it is true that it looks like a soft reboot than a continuation.
    The chosen one was a control measure within the Matrix so it could be logical to have another one after the first trilogy, but coming back with Neo & Trinity is quite puzzling.

It would be interesting also to check how the Matrix has evolved in terms of technology, as it was stated that the end of 20th Century was chosen because it was considered a peak in human civilization, which is why as much I enjoy Sci-Fi genre, I always feel that it has a close expiration date.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Pfffftttt. I have virtually no interest in this. The first movie is a sci-fi classic. The second one was...barely passable. The third one was horrendous (sat through it in the theatre waiting anxiously for it to end). Why should I see a 4th one?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    I'll definitely watch it but it is true that it looks like a soft reboot than a continuation.
    The chosen one was a control measure within the Matrix so it could be logical to have another one after the first trilogy, but coming back with Neo & Trinity is quite puzzling.

It would be interesting also to check how the Matrix has evolved in terms of technology, as it was stated that the end of 20th Century was chosen because it was considered a peak in human civilization, which is why as much I enjoy Sci-Fi genre, I always feel that it has a close expiration date.
    Well, devil's advocate, I guess if they created a new chosen one they would also have to create a new Trinity to motivate them to make the choice (even though that worked out awfully with the last one).

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-Man View Post
    Well, devil's advocate, I guess if they created a new chosen one they would also have to create a new Trinity to motivate them to make the choice (even though that worked out awfully with the last one).
    but thats the rumour, they retconning it so it turns out Trinity was "The One" all along ...because, well, I'm sure we can all work out why.

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    but thats the rumour, they retconning it so it turns out Trinity was "The One" all along ...because, well, I'm sure we can all work out why.
    I guess I am just not as upset by these types of things. Not sure that counts as an "unexpected" twist though as its been done with other properties.