Thread: Question about the unproduced Giganisaur

Heroic Warrior

Question about the unproduced Giganisaur

I recently found images of this thing, but not enough. I can find a good scan of the entire two page spread, but there are several call-outs on the two pages that show close-ups of the features.

I've managed to find a really good close-up of the side panel that opens (although the image calls it the belly door), and the one that says "automatically rears up", which shows the "cannon door" open, and the beast standing on its hind legs. But I can't find the one that says "cannon door". Is there a high res scan of this call out? It would really come in handy for me.

Also, is there any good info on this thing anywhere? Or even good info and scans of other unproduced toys. other than what's in the Dark Horse art book? Thank you.
    Last edited by nicholighkun; August 16, 2021 at 01:50pm.

I only recently learned about this in one of ToyGuruSpectorScottNightlicker's YouTube channel. He said a Mattel employee told him the prototype got tossed. Too bad. You know collectors would crowdfund this thing if they still had the original to cast. I sure as hell would; this thing is epic.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamato Yoshi View Post
    I only recently learned about this in one of ToyGuruSpectorScottNightlicker's YouTube channel. He said a Mattel employee told him the prototype got tossed. Too bad. You know collectors would crowdfund this thing if they still had the original to cast. I sure as hell would; this thing is epic.
    Hmmm. Interesting. I'll have to check that video out. Do you remember the name of it by any chance?

Also, to any mods watching, there should be a 'T' in the title, it should be Gigantisaur, not Giganisaur. If you could fix that, that would be awesome. : )

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Hmmm. Interesting. I'll have to check that video out. Do you remember the name of it by any chance?
    It's this one (timestamp for Gigantisaur is 9:30):https://youtu.be/oq1jXZt6TX4?t=571
    Last edited by Hamato Yoshi; August 18, 2021 at 03:03pm.

I did an interview a while back with David Wolfram, who took over the design of Gigantisaur from Ed Watts. The interview has concept art plus the catalog scans:

https://battleramblog.com/david-wolf...an-futurist-2/

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I did an interview a while back with David Wolfram, who took over the design of Gigantisaur from Ed Watts. The interview has concept art plus the catalog scans:

https://battleramblog.com/david-wolf...an-futurist-2/
    Oo-la-la! Thank you sir! That's too much to read right this minute, but I'm eager to do so soon I hope. Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hamato Yoshi View Post
    It's this one (timestamp for Gigantisaur is 9:30):https://youtu.be/oq1jXZt6TX4?t=571
    Thank you sir! Can't wait to sit down and check it out!

What I'm afraid is Gigantisaur will not be produced in the future!
    Last edited by Neophron; September 9, 2021 at 09:10pm.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Gigantisaur was reborn as Mattels JW Brachiosaurus

Attached Images Attached Images