Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Live-Action She-Ra Coming To Amazon Prime

Heroic Warrior

Live-Action She-Ra Coming To Amazon Prime

A She-Ra live-action series is in early development at Amazon, Variety has learned exclusively.

As the project is in the very early stages, no writer is currently attached. DreamWorks Animation will serve as an executive producer after recently producing the Netflix animated series “She-Ra and the Princesses of Power.” However, the live-action version will be a new, standalone story and will not be connected to the animated show.

Should the project go to series, it would mark the first live-action adaptation of the She-Ra character. She first debuted onscreen in the animated film ” He-Man and She-Ra: The Secret of the Sword” in 1985 as part of the “Masters of the Universe” franchise before spinning off into her own cartoon series, “She-Ra: Princess of Power.”

In the original animated series, She-Ra’s real name is Princess Adora, the long lost twin sister of Prince Adam, a.k.a He-Man. She was kidnapped as a baby by Hordak of the Evil Horde and taken to the planet Etheria, where she was mind-controlled into serving as a Force Captain of the Horde. He-Man eventually helped her break the mind control and gave her the Sword of Protection, which allows her to transform into She-Ra and grants her incredible power. “She-Ra: Princess of Power” ran for two seasons and nearly 100 episodes between 1985 and 1986.

“She-Ra and the Princesses of Power” removed any connection of the character to He-Man, instead retconning Adora into an orphan who became a willing member of the Horde on Etheria. The show featured her as a teenager who breaks from the Horde after she discovers the Sword of Protection (again allowing her to transform into She-Ra) and takes up the cause of the Rebellion on Etheria. The show ran for five seasons and 52 episodes, with the fifth and final season dropping on Netflix back in May 2020.
    https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/she...on-1235061288/

Live Action She-Ra at Amazon...

MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube (GIVEAWAY in Progress!): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

Heroic Warrior
    Also a thread here (for the She-Ra section)

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...63#post3956263

Well, this is great for fans of that show! I never was into She-ra, being a fan of the he-man side of things. But the new show looked decent enough. Very colorful and fun,was glad I gave it a watch.

'Unconnected story', huh? no connection to the netflix animated series? I suppose it's some kind of reboot for She-ra, based on the animated series versions of the characters. If it's not a retread of the animation, I wonder what it will be about?

How much you wanna bet the horde is jettisoned from this reboot, and Dreamworks severs the final link between their She-ra, and Mattel's he-man properties?
    Last edited by Oldfan87; September 13, 2021 at 01:26pm.

Heard it here first. Looks incredible.

Heroic Warrior
    This is going to be weird on numerous levels. First divorced from He-Man. Again. Then divorced from Noelle’s take?

Also Netflix booting She-Ra and going all in on He-Man seems to confirm the latter wasn’t the big hit they wanted.

It’s very early on, but with Nimona in the trash can I could see Noelle gunning to write it.

Netflix She-ra got 5 season, thats alot to todays standard. I think in the end it was probably wasnt getting the views to keep it going but a 5 season run isnt bad. I was sad to see Adam was never introduced or really teased in a vision or anything. Never the less im excited about it and hope it comes to series. Anything MOTU and im happy. My sister and I shared all our He-man and She-ra toys and we played with all of them for hours at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerbudd View Post
    Netflix She-ra got 5 season, thats alot to todays standard. I think in the end it was probably wasnt getting the views to keep it going but a 5 season run isnt bad.
    It was a series order plus it was really 4 seasons if your putting the spilt into consideration.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamerbudd View Post
    Netflix She-ra got 5 season, thats alot to todays standard. I think in the end it was probably wasnt getting the views to keep it going but a 5 season run isnt bad.
    Dreamworks orders all their episodes in advance usually. They did the same with Voltron, and it was revealed recently they let that license expire when they (being Dreamworks/Universal) passed on a live action movie.

I guess my big question is, who can they reasonably use that isn’t tied up in MOTU? Mattel doesn’t seem super eager to share their toys with the girls. Hell, Hordak is a major villain in the MOTU Revelation comics even if Adora hasn’t been mentioned.

Also, make Sea Hawk a badass again. Give him the Photon Cutlass.
    Last edited by Dynaman; September 13, 2021 at 02:19pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Give Sea Hawk his Photon Cutlass.

Also really interested to see who the villains are, and how much of SPOP gets walked back. It’s telling Netflix didn’t bother fighting for the show, and I presume they had first right of refusal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynaman View Post
    Give Sea Hawk his Photon Cutlass.

Also really interested to see who the villains are, and how much of SPOP gets walked back. It’s telling Netflix didn’t bother fighting for the show, and I presume they had first right of refusal.
    I imagine it was more a case of the show having a defined beginning middle and end and how there's no point in dragging it out beyond that.

I think SPOP likely did play some role in this getting made. MoTU was an irrelevant brand in the 2010's and She-Ra was even more irrelevant.

So I think whatever relevancy SPOP bought to the brand played a role in this, especially given how Dreamworks are making it. Weather that translates into some elements of SPOP making it in renames to be seen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dcd7CZHaVk
    How can it look incredible (or look like anything at all for that matter). We literally know nothing at this point beyond the fact that it's going to be a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post

How can it look incredible (or look like anything at all for that matter). We literally know nothing at this point beyond the fact that it's going to be a thing.
    Watch them freak out if it takes some influence from SPOP

Can't wait for the casting. It's gonna be nuts.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    Can't wait for the casting. It's gonna be nuts.
    It’s like the poor kids cast in the live-action Avatar. There’s no winning for them. You just hope they’re okay with the weirder parts of the fandom.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviews2D View Post
    Watch them freak out if it takes some influence from SPOP
    Or maybe they won't. It says there's no connection to anything from Netflix, and that would likely include what was in it. You don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    Or maybe they won't. It says there's no connection to anything from Netflix, and that would likely include what was in it. You don't know.
    It's not an adaptatio of or sequel to the Netflix show. That is not the same as taking no elements from it.

Heroic Warrior
    I see Glimmer being thinner for starters.

This is the pre-alpha stage of development. We don’t know who’s involved or what they can legally use.

Heroic Warrior

Why is anyone even listening to anything these clowns say anymore?
    I really don't care enough to be offended.

Yay let the online war beginn for yet another thing!

- - - Updated - - -

I swear someone here is actually involved with ***fish

Court Magician
    AH you made me click. Now I have to take a shower.

Quote Originally Posted by cjblanch View Post
    Why is anyone even listening to anything these clowns say anymore?
    Because they were right about Revelations and pretty much called it right on the money.

Heroic Warrior
    Honestly, I have basically no interest in another She-Ra series that isn't connected to He-Man and Eternia. Like, I loved SPOP, but I'd rather have She-Ra show in Revelation or the CGI show. Idk, I want a modern animated retelling of Secret of the Sword.

Also, live action? If this is gonna be a kids show (which it probably will be), it's gonna be cringe. I can't think of a single live action kids show that is actually good when viewed as an adult.

I mean, when it comes out, I'll watch it with an open mind, and I really hope it'll be good. I just don't have faith in live action kids shows and wish it would cross over with He-Man. SPOP was great, but I prefer the concept of a He-Man-less She-Ra to be a one off thing rather than making that the standard.

Also, **** Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post

Also, live action? If this is gonna be a kids show (which it probably will be), it's gonna be cringe. I can't think of a single live action kids show that is actually good when viewed as an adult.

Kamen Rider?

This announcement has been leaving me with nothing but questions. How did we get a live action She-ra show before a He-man show/movie(not complaining btw)? Is Mattel going to make toys for this show? Who will this be for? Why didn't they announce this at power con? How much will it take from previous series? How is the Horde gonna play into this series?

Edit: Why live action in first place?

Heroic Warrior
    Everyone might be jumpin' the gun a little bit here. Just because development has started doesn't mean its going to happen. How many times as live action MOTU been in development?
    I really don't care enough to be offended.