Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Live-Action She-Ra Coming To Amazon Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    Due to those pesky rights, I would expect no ties to He-Man.
    I think, as long as they're careful they could get away with subtle hints

Quote Originally Posted by Gawl View Post
    I could see them maybe making reference to her having a long-lost brother or something but that's probably about it.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawl View Post
    I can see a *wink,wink,nudge,nudge* thrown in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    You're probably right...

Which begs the question, do they close the door on He-Man altogether?

Will Adora/She-Ra be the strongest person in the universe, chosen to wield the Sword and protect all of Etheria and beyond?
    Perhaps!

Either way, I am looking forward to seeing their live-action interpretation of these characters, especially Hordak. I hope they don't stray too far beyond their original designs...
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Podcast
    Masters of the Universe Podcast

ForEternia.com
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation Fan Site

- - - - -

I do not get why so many here thinks SPOP failed, Mattel was not happy about the character designs, they had to pay for each design used and final reason is girls does not collect these as much as boys do?

As for the shows popularity it did not get cancelled after 10 episodes by Netflix standards equal success, or at the very least worth it and they did not go into negative territory. Plus it's also quite clear the first 2 seasons did poor and season 3 forward started to get the shows popularity to rise?

As for a She-ra movie? ND said the story was done and ND has no plan or vision for the moment, the wise move if you got nothing! Also ND is busy with the Nimona movie that will probably be nice.

Edit: Also after Netflix exclusivity deal ended the show has been picked up by many local TV stations here in Europe!
    Last edited by Catra2017; June 23, 2022 at 11:06am.
    * First MOTU show I ever watched was the (200X) show that got cancelled.
    * Second MOTU show I watched was She-ra & the Princesses Of Power (2017~2020)
    * Third was Masters of the Universe: Revelation (2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Catra2017 View Post
    I do not get why so many here thinks SPOP failed, Mattel was not happy about the character designs, they had to pay for each design used and final reason is girls does not collect these as much as boys do?

As for the shows popularity it did not get cancelled after 10 episodes by Netflix standards equal success, or at the very least worth it and they did not go into negative territory. Plus it's also quite clear the first 2 seasons did poor and season 3 forward started to get the shows popularity to rise?

As for a She-ra movie? ND said the story was done and ND has no plan or vision for the moment, the wise move if you got nothing! Also ND is busy with the Nimona movie that will probably be nice.

Edit: Also after Netflix exclusivity deal ended the show has been picked up by many local TV stations here in Europe!
    The SPOP was a series order so it wouldn't have been canceled even with poor performance.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Reviews2D View Post
    The SPOP was a series order so it wouldn't have been canceled even with poor performance.
    Hmm yeah that is the thing, many on YouTube especially claim it was cancelled.

Either way toys was not the thing the show profited the most from, it was mostly licence merch such as clothing, pins and other things. (none of which Mattel produces)

Which is why Mattel bought He-man instead of She-ra since it was easier to sell toys with! 80s also proved this right?

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I would absolutely LOVE live action She-Ra, and speaking of Supergirl, Melissa Benoist would be the ideal Princess Of Power!

This is funny because as soon as I saw LIVE-ACTION SHE-RA the 1st thing I thought was "now watch, they're going to cast some really lame, boring, plain actress that is totally wrong for the part, like the chick that plays Supergirl!" Melissa Benoist is exactly the type of actress I'm expecting. I'm expecting She-Ra to be horribly miscast just like Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane Watson. I'll be totally shocked if they cast her properly. 9 times out of 10 female characters are horribly miscast. Especially when you have a really hot character like She-Ra, Teela, Sorceress or Cheetara you'll usually get a twig playing the part. I hope I'm wrong but from experience that's exactly what we'll get.

…and, every woman leaves he-man.org]
    Jeez.

Melissa Benoist is a fabulous actress - and a singer - and she would be amazing as Adora/She-Ra!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by Reformatted2086 View Post
    This is funny because as soon as I saw LIVE-ACTION SHE-RA the 1st thing I thought was "now watch, they're going to cast some really lame, boring, plain actress that is totally wrong for the part, like the chick that plays Supergirl!" Melissa Benoist is exactly the type of actress I'm expecting. I'm expecting She-Ra to be horribly miscast just like Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane Watson. I'll be totally shocked if they cast her properly. 9 times out of 10 female characters are horribly miscast. Especially when you have a really hot character like She-Ra, Teela, Sorceress or Cheetara you'll usually get a twig playing the part. I hope I'm wrong but from experience that's exactly what we'll get.
    Well my hope is they pick someone with muscle or at the very least athletic for She-Ra preferable 80s or season 5 reboot version design wise, Catra I hope they use the reboot version as base because that one was very well done tough please do not make her look like the cats musical... Please just tail and ears be fuzzy!

She will probably be lesbian since its 2020s tough a love triangle would be more comedic, if Adora likes Seahawk, Seahawk likes Catra while Catra got a thing for Adora.
    Last edited by Catra2017; June 24, 2022 at 10:03am.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Melissa Benoist is a fabulous actress - and a singer - and she would be amazing as Adora/She-Ra!
    I never said she was a bad actress. I'm talking about looks! Get an actress that has the right face & body to match the animation model. It's just common sense. For example, look at the backlash when they cast Alicia Vikander as Lara Croft. That was a horrible decision. And Mary Jane Watson was supposed to be a smokin hot model, Kirsten Dunst was/is not that. They might both be awesome actresses but they did not look right for the characters they were playing. Now Angelina Jolie as the 1st Lara Croft totally looked the part.

But I'm the bad guy here because I want a woman to play She-Ra that actually looks like She-Ra.

Heroic Warrior
    Count me in as someone who desires to have an actress who can present a physical appearance that is appropriate for She-Ra. It will be a potentially difficult task if the casting director only looks at established actresses, many of which are shorter than 5'8". I'm sure there are many aspiring actresses who could be a great She-Ra in both acting ability and appearance/physicality. They just have to be given a chance to audition.

I have no dog in this fight....I just wanted to post this very well done Cosplay:

https://www.hemanworld.com/wp-conten...991-scaled.jpg
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; June 25, 2022 at 12:57am.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by Reformatted2086 View Post
    I never said she was a bad actress. I'm talking about looks! Get an actress that has the right face & body to match the animation model. It's just common sense. For example, look at the backlash when they cast Alicia Vikander as Lara Croft. That was a horrible decision. And Mary Jane Watson was supposed to be a smokin hot model, Kirsten Dunst was/is not that. They might both be awesome actresses but they did not look right for the characters they were playing. Now Angelina Jolie as the 1st Lara Croft totally looked the part.

But I'm the bad guy here because I want a woman to play She-Ra that actually looks like She-Ra.
    Melissa Benoist looks EXACTLY like the right actress to play Adora/She-Ra, there's no one else who could fit and fill her boots better!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Heroic Warrior
    I wish JMS were trying to get a gig on this show instead of attempting to revive B5.

Widget
    Honestly, my biggest worry about the live-action series is whether some stuff will actually translate to live action as well as it does to animation. Personally, I feel like the world of Etheria is better suited for animation than live action but maybe that's just me.

A lack of direct tie-ins to He-Man doesn't really bother me, since I've always felt like Adora is a character strong enough to stand on her own, which is something that I think the 2018 reboot did very well. She-Ra is the story of a child soldier who realizes they're on the wrong side and after joining a rebellion has to fight against the people that she's known her whole life. That has a lot of potential for dramatic storytelling and I am very interested in seeing how the live-action series approaches this. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I find Adora to be a far more interesting character with a far more interesting story. To me, She-Ra is a war story while He-Man is a superhero story and I just think that Adora has a far more personal connection to her antagonists than Adam does. I would love if the live action series really played into the war story angle of She-Ra.

If they had to take anything from the 2018 reboot I think it should be dropping the secret identity element from the original series and giving Adora something like she had with Catra in the Horde, some kind of friendship that turns bitter when this friend feels like Adora has betrayed them by joining the Rebellion. I would also like any live action series to be more diverse like the 2018 series was. They don't have to necessarily make Adora gay in this version, but some LGBTQ representation would be nice. Otherwise I would be completely fine with the live action series doing its own take on the property, since I am always open to new interpretations of characters I like. She-Ra 2018 will still always be MY She-Ra and what got me into the MOTU franchise, but that doesn't mean there isn't any room for other new versions.

...I just hope they don't go too edgelord like the DC comics did where Adora killed Flutterina. I will ALWAYS hate that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterVanHelsing View Post
    Honestly, my biggest worry about the live-action series is whether some stuff will actually translate to live action as well as it does to animation. Personally, I feel like the world of Etheria is better suited for animation than live action but maybe that's just me.

A lack of direct tie-ins to He-Man doesn't really bother me, since I've always felt like Adora is a character strong enough to stand on her own, which is something that I think the 2018 reboot did very well. She-Ra is the story of a child soldier who realizes they're on the wrong side and after joining a rebellion has to fight against the people that she's known her whole life. That has a lot of potential for dramatic storytelling and I am very interested in seeing how the live-action series approaches this. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I find Adora to be a far more interesting character with a far more interesting story. To me, She-Ra is a war story while He-Man is a superhero story and I just think that Adora has a far more personal connection to her antagonists than Adam does. I would love if the live action series really played into the war story angle of She-Ra.

If they had to take anything from the 2018 reboot I think it should be dropping the secret identity element from the original series and giving Adora something like she had with Catra in the Horde, some kind of friendship that turns bitter when this friend feels like Adora has betrayed them by joining the Rebellion. I would also like any live action series to be more diverse like the 2018 series was. They don't have to necessarily make Adora gay in this version, but some LGBTQ representation would be nice. Otherwise I would be completely fine with the live action series doing its own take on the property, since I am always open to new interpretations of characters I like. She-Ra 2018 will still always be MY She-Ra and what got me into the MOTU franchise, but that doesn't mean there isn't any room for other new versions.

...I just hope they don't go too edgelord like the DC comics did where Adora killed Flutterina. I will ALWAYS hate that moment.
    I am also not having high hopes for Catradora being done again to be fair, unless that was the one thing that made the show super successful? I do not have the data for what made the animated shows popularity rise but I got a feeling it happened after season 5 in which case it could happen again. I also am kinda interested to see if they go with 1980s stuff or the 2010s reboot, now I have been playing with the idea in my mind they might do both and mix them which might be a smart move that either will make everyone unhappy or majority extra happy. If they mix it I expect them to keep Catra but please for the love of god do not make her look like the cats Musical & Adora preferable keeps the 80s outfit or use season 5 of 2010s outfit! The sailor moon looking one was kinda...

*laughs* Wow. You know, the tiara actually gets stupider the more I look at it.