Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Live-Action She-Ra Coming To Amazon Prime

Emma Stone would make an awesome She-Ra too, but again, at 33 it's a bit late to start a franchise...

There's got to be literally 1000s of unknown actresses who could knock She ra out of the park visually Hollywood isn't in short supply for tall athletic women.

BUT I'LL believe it when I see it until then it's all wishful thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by Dynaman View Post
    No, no, I like most of Kassellís work and said so earlier in the thread.

Itís the idea of Stevenson having any influence on the final product thatís concerning.
    I wouldn't worry too much about that... Stevenson's She-Ra proved to be quite popular and built a large fanbase...

I doubt the live-action show would adopt many of the Dreamworks ideas, but there is a lot for Kassell to consider in addition to the Filmation, Ladybird, and DC Comics version of the character.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    Avoiding even the critiques of where the stuff is being adapted from (I imagine when plot summaries come I’ll have plenty to say) I just want Hordak to be played by a respected actor going over the top the same way Kassell used Jeremy Irons in Watchmen (and continuing a tradition dating back to Frank Langella as Skeletor). You think that’s too much to ask for?

Jeremy Irons’ portrayal of Ozymandias is equal parts serious contemplation and gleeful scenery chewing and I think it would fit perfectly in She Ra.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Stevenson's She-Ra proved to be quite popular and built a large fanbase...
    Man, if only saying something out loud were enough to make it true...

If you'd said "a loyal fanbase" that'd be one thing. The show definitely has its fans and they're passionate, but you could probably fit them all into a banquet hall. Let's not go nuts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    She-Ra should be enjoyable by everyone
    Honest question: Has it ever been, though?

I love the character (generally speaking), but to say that her very existence is a bit divisive would be an understatement. Just the other day I saw yet another dumb video pop up in my YouTube feed about "How She-Ra Killed Off The He-Man Franchise" or something, and it was brand new. People Who Know understand that's a provably false narrative but nonetheless it's still what most people believe, that She-Ra was a "failed spin-off that ruined the entire franchise when it flopped", even though that sentence alone contains at least three false statements.

I'd love a good She-Ra... anything, myself. I'm just saying, the next time a She-Ra show comes out that is "enjoyable by everyone" it will be The Very First Time that's ever happened in the entire history of the character. Every single iteration of the character has been incredibly divisive. I think expecting a Grand Slam on the next at-bat is asking for a bit too much. I think the best anyone can hope for is that whatever the show ends up being it gets better press than Revelation.

Considering that Revelation is "the single worst thing MOTU ever produced and an embarrassing abomination to the franchise" by an overwhelming margin according to the "official narrative" of the general fanbase, despite actually being pretty good, I'm not holding my breath that a She-Ra show will get anywhere near universal acclaim no matter what it turns out to be.
    Last edited by Rikki Roxx; Yesterday at 10:14pm.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    That lead gal from Yellowstone: 1883 would make a pretty good Adora/She-ra.

Have her hit the weights a few months before filming and sheíd be a real solid choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about that... Stevenson's She-Ra proved to be quite popular and built a large fanbase...

I doubt the live-action show would adopt many of the Dreamworks ideas, but there is a lot for Kassell to consider in addition to the Filmation, Ladybird, and DC Comics version of the character.
    I love both the Classic POP and Noelle's Netflix version equally.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)