Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Live-Action She-Ra Coming To Amazon Prime

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I haven't had the chance to check it out yet, but from everything I've been hearing folks seem to think it's quite good, so... ???
    A link for reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T066slbG6U

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Xena-She-Ra View Post
    Still no new updates about this live action show? I hope it is still going to happen!
    Productions like this take years to get going, if they get going at all. You’ll hear about an IP being acquired and literally no news for several years, and that’s if things go smoothly. If they don’t go smoothly, you end up with the Naruto movie, which was announced by Lionsgate in 2016, only for the script to be thrown out in 2018 when the director flat out said he wouldn’t film it without the original creator’s blessing, and alleged casting in 2020 that went nowhere.

That’s one example but Hollywood is a slow, SLOW machine and expecting any further news this year is probably overly optimistic. They need to carve out a time and date for the director to be free, build props and sets, and then finally cast everyone. Then you need everyone to be on the right page and begin without being sent back for rewrites or budget adjustments. And let’s not forget an executive “going in a different direction” and throwing the whole thing out for a tax write off like Batgirl.

If it happens, which it should, it will take a lot of time to get going.

Quote Originally Posted by theAncients View Post
    Oh, it's one of THOSE videos .
    No thank you, I'll get around to watching it around the holidays (the show, not these youtube people).

No idea why people are hating on Rings Of Power, I've been watching it and it is amazing.

As for She-Ra, I just want to see things progress and finally see this live action show.

I am still devastated that Batgirl was cancelled, I had followed that for years and was so happy when filming ended coz it meant it wasn't going to be too long for a release.
    Then bang out of no where it gets canned.
    Xena Warrior Princess & She-Ra Fan from Down Under

Yup...

Quote Originally Posted by Xena-She-Ra View Post
    No idea why people are hating on Rings Of Power, I've been watching it and it is amazing.
    The sad thing is that they don't even know why they're hating on it...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Who know's what they'll do? Amazon Studios hasn't been doing that great with shows based on big-named established fantasy franchises lately. I mean, look what's going on with Lord of the Rings.

No thank you, I'll get around to watching it around the holidays (the show, not these youtube people).
    If you paid any attention to this channel, you will change your mind.

If you paid any attention to this channel, you will change your mind.
    This channel is another in a long line of channels peddling mess. This is a pic of all this channels latest content:

YThater.jpg

Pure negative sensationalism looking for clicks.
    “It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

I much prefer to do my own thinking rather than listen to the totally annoying clickbait crowd.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    This channel is another in a long line of channels peddling mess. This is a pic of all this channels latest content:

YThater.jpg

Pure negative sensationalism looking for clicks.
    You posted a screenshot ? Congratulations.
    I guess denial is really strong on this website.

Guys, please be respectful towards each other. Talk about the show and not each other. Thanks.

You posted a screenshot ? Congratulations.
    I guess denial is really strong on this website.
    Hey thanks! It really wasn't even that hard to do

There's a lot of people that enjoy the show. So someone on a video pointing out that it has less viewership than a show that's much more mainstream current somehow proves it's a flop seems silly. Especially when you can go read actual reviews from people who enjoyed it. Sure there are plenty of people who did not. But that doesn't mean either fan or critic is in "denial".

If anything LOTR would be one of the hardest franchises to try and copy. That series meant the world to a lot of fans when it was only a book. Add to it they made some of the best cinema people have ever seen, it would certainly be hard to match that.
    “It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Hey thanks! It really wasn't even that hard to do

There's a lot of people that enjoy the show. So someone on a video pointing out that it has less viewership than a show that's much more mainstream current somehow proves it's a flop seems silly. Especially when you can go read actual reviews from people who enjoyed it. Sure there are plenty of people who did not. But that doesn't mean either fan or critic is in "denial".

If anything LOTR would be one of the hardest franchises to try and copy. That series meant the world to a lot of fans when it was only a book. Add to it they made some of the best cinema people have ever seen, it would certainly be hard to match that.
    My point is, I don't trust Amazon to do She-Ra justice. I love She-Ra so much, and if they butcher her, it would be incredibly disappointing, but not unexpected. I still have not seen Revelation. And refuse to. If She-Ra is done well, and enjoyable, I would be the first person to eat humble pie and say I was wrong. But I don't see that happening in any way, shape or form.

I just hope it’s a completely different team that is involved with She-Ra than Ring of Power. I gave it a try but didn’t enjoy it enough to keep watching.

Whether you love or hate RoP, you have to admit it’s not getting anywhere near universal praise. She-Ra should be enjoyable by everyone, that’s the type of show PoP needs.
    Calling all fellow Aussies to post in the Australian Collectors Thread

My point is, I don't trust Amazon to do She-Ra justice. I love She-Ra so much, and if they butcher her, it would be incredibly disappointing, but not unexpected. I still have not seen Revelation. And refuse to. If She-Ra is done well, and enjoyable, I would be the first person to eat humble pie and say I was wrong. But I don't see that happening in any way, shape or form.
    So on this point we can agree. I don't think She-ra will get anywhere near the budget that, IMO, would be required to pull a series like She-ra off. At least not without drastically changing the story and characters. You can make magical, colorful characters work but they've got to really look good for the average audience to take them seriously.

I'm going to hope for the best and go into this with an open mind and heart.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

This channel is another in a long line of channels peddling mess. Pure negative sensationalism looking for clicks.
    EXACTLY.

I can't believe that people continue to line the pockets of these people.

Remember the days when we would all laugh at the cover images on The National Enquirer at the grocery store?

Now, these types of stories are taken as gospel... outrageous claims made to look like fact, yet ZERO justification.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    EXACTLY.

Remember the days when we would all laugh at the cover images on The National Enquirer at the grocery store?

Now, these types of stories are taken as gospel... outrageous claims made to look like fact, yet ZERO justification.
    Once again, I absolutely agree with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I'm going to hope for the best and go into this with an open mind and heart.
    Big same. This is the perspective I try to take with any project that's new to me.

EXACTLY.

So true!
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: Zodak (200X style), King Grayskull (Revelation style), He-Man 2.0 (or 200X King Grayskull), Tung Lashor, Rattlor, She-Ra 2.0

Please no political discussions in non-Tar Swamp forums including this thread. Also, lets refrain from name calling others including other people, websites, and youtubers. Thanks.

Nicole Kassell is following ND Stevenson on IG.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Probably a formality but admittedly concerning.

Nicole Kassell is attached to some of the highest-rated shows and indie-films in recent memory... Watchmen being among them.

If she is in any way attached to She-Ra, I would consider the news a win.

Heroic Warrior
    Nicole Kassell is attached to some of the highest-rated shows and indie-films in recent memory... Watchmen being among them.

If she is in any way attached to She-Ra, I would consider the news a win.
    No, no, I like most of Kassell’s work and said so earlier in the thread.

It’s the idea of Stevenson having any influence on the final product that’s concerning.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Good.

I want Kassell to be as familiar as possible with all mythology and versions of POP. Why wouldn't you watch/read any source material to see what worked, what didn't, what has potential, what shouldn't be avoided, etc.

I hope they talk too. Getting someone's feedback and hearing about their experiences is valuable information.

I love when someone is set to be a first time filmmaker for Marvel or DC and the first thing they do is immerse themselves in years (even decades!) of the comics.