Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Live-Action She-Ra Coming To Amazon Prime

Quote Originally Posted by cjblanch View Post
    Everyone might be jumpin' the gun a little bit here. Just because development has started doesn't mean its going to happen. How many times as live action MOTU been in development?
    Fair enough, guess we might have to see if we get updates a couple of years from now.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Heroic Warrior
    honestly my first thought is that it was gonna be one of those dark indie-type reboots, a la Riverdale or the like. People have been starting to turn around on the genre and calling it out (just look up the backlash to the Winx Club reboot or Powerpuff girls reboot) so it'd be a very bad idea if that were the route it goes. Here's hoping it's not.

Heroic Warrior King Daddy Bo-Hog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviews2D View Post
    Fair enough, guess we might have to see if we get updates a couple of years from now.

I hope it happens. Don't mean to be a downer. I also hope its not a kids show, because its hard for me to imagine that if it is it wouldn't be full of cheese, as others have said. I would also like it to be more traditional, as after giving SPOP a second chance, I still find it to be hot garbage (at least so far--trying to struggle through season 2 now, but its painful for me).

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerbudd View Post
    Netflix She-ra got 5 season, thats alot to todays standard. I think in the end it was probably wasnt getting the views to keep it going but a 5 season run isnt bad. I was sad to see Adam was never introduced or really teased in a vision or anything. Never the less im excited about it and hope it comes to series. Anything MOTU and im happy. My sister and I shared all our He-man and She-ra toys and we played with all of them for hours at a time.
    It was made in the same vain of ATLA and that show never got extended beyond it's three season plan. It's likely a much more simple case of the story being done.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post
    Because they were right about Revelations and pretty much called it right on the money.
    Can u stop doing free advertising for them here? Thanks

I hope it happens. Don't mean to be a downer. I also hope its not a kids show, because its hard for me to imagine that if it is it wouldn't be full of cheese, as others have said. I would also like it to be more traditional, as after giving SPOP a second chance, I still find it to be hot garbage (at least so far--trying to struggle through season 2 now, but its painful for me).
    As I said earlier Kamen Rider is a live action kids show and while not without it's cheese (especially in regards to it's effects and costumes), it was still able to balance it well with the more serous dramatic aspects.

So it's not impossible.

Heroic Warrior King Daddy Bo-Hog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    As I said earlier Kamen Rider is a live action kids show and while not without it's cheese (especially in regards to it's effects and costumes), it was still able to balance it well with the more serous dramatic aspects.

So it's not impossible.
    Yeah, I'm sure it can be done. Question is whether or not it will.

Yeah, I'm sure it can be done. Question is whether or not it will.
    I think it depends on weather they have the right amount of more dramatic serous moments to balance out the cheese. Kamen Rider has a bit of an easier time in that regards, since Japanese kids shows are generally allowed to go darker than western ones. But some of the better Power Rangers seasons (eg In Space, Lost Galaxy, Time Force) were able to still get the balance right even within the limitations of being a western kids show.

That's of course if this is a kids show and I'm not so sure it will be.

The only weird thing about this is that this news didn't break during... Power-Con, of all places

That said, I'm intrigued, excited, and can't wait to see what they cook up.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    The only weird thing about this is that this news didn't break during... Power-Con, of all places

Itís super early in development. No oneís attached that could break the news.

Iím kind of wondering if this will end up being a Witcher style series of high fantasy and super science, but not necessarily taking itself the most seriously. Basically the Xena to Witcherís Hercules.

Pretty psyched about this! Surprised it wasn't announced during Power-Con, but hey- if every day brings new news and it's not just news attached to a convention, show, big event or whatever... heck, keep this stuff coming!
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

"Sniff " "sniff" " sniff" does anybody else smell that distinct air of.....

Development hell!!!!

I'll believe it when I turn off the first episode halfway through.

If they fix the MULTITUDE of problems I had with the cartoon from Netflix I might come around

Co-Creator of the NV
    Look forward to seeing the casting

Such amazing news that we are finally going to have a live action She-Ra series. I hope they do this show justice, make it action packed, make the special effects grand and make She-Ra beautiful but strong and a true warrior. Do it like Xena Warrior Princess, make She-Ra kick ass. I also hope this is nothing like the new series and it's more like the original and has relation to He-Man and I hope Swift Wind is done well too. I'm excited for this!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Xena & She-Ra Rule

Not looking forward to the casting...still I will remain hopeful since Amazon usually makes decent stuff (current fave is The Boys Season 2).

LOOKING FORWARD TO ALL OF IT

As I wrote in the other thread...

Such amazing news that we are finally going to have a live action She-Ra series. I hope they do this show justice, make it action packed, make the special effects grand and make She-Ra beautiful but strong and a true warrior. Do it like Xena Warrior Princess, make She-Ra kick ass. I also hope this is nothing like the new Netflix series and it's more like the original and has relation to He-Man and Eternia and I hope Swift Wind is done well too. I'm excited for this!

I just hope it a huge grand Fantasy show not directed to kids.
    Xena & She-Ra Rule

LOOKING FORWARD TO ALL OF IT
    Zodac 74 the crazy curator of chaos and She ra madness

Heard it here first. Looks incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dcd7CZHaVk
    Ugh... Clownfish. SMH

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Not looking forward to the casting...still I will remain hopeful since Amazon usually makes decent stuff (current fave is The Boys Season 2).
    Maybe it will be like The Boys.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Because they were right about Revelations and pretty much called it right on the money.
    yea but they weren't

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, if only there was some sort of convention happening that focused on this property an related ones happening near this announcement.
    cogito ergo doleo

I'm a not fan of these anime/cartoon to live-action films. With the exception of very few, they almost always turn out to be garbage

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    Maybe it will be like The Boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Xena-She-Ra View Post
    Such amazing news that we are finally going to have a live action She-Ra series. I hope they do this show justice, make it action packed, make the special effects grand and make She-Ra beautiful but strong and a true warrior. Do it like Xena Warrior Princess, make She-Ra kick ass. I also hope this is nothing like the new series and it's more like the original and has relation to He-Man and I hope Swift Wind is done well too. I'm excited for this!

All speculation at this point, but...

- I'm willing to bet that there will be no connection at all to He-man and MOTU. I think we're actually going to see a future where they're no longer officially integrated or connected at all, except maybe in toys. Probably not like, tomorrow, but now that it's been established that you can do She-Ra with no connection to MOTU, I think that's going to be the standard more and more often into the future. Especially with all of the rights being so complicated.

Can't put She-Ra in a MOTU movie, "because it's a separate license, it's just easier this way". Can't make MOTU references in a She-Ra show, "because it's a separate license, it's just easier this way". The writing's on the wall, it's just easier for companies who develop these things for TV and film to just keep them apart completely. Toy rights being their own thing, it's one thing for She-Ra stuff to creep into the MOTU toy lines and whatnot, but I think we've seen the last of She-Ra and He-Man sharing a TV screen, unfortunately. Nobody wants to be bothered cutting through the red tape.

- I doubt it'd be anything like Xena. "Girls shows" nowadays are all about resolving conflict without fighting and are more about promoting diversity and understanding than "fighting bad guys". Even a show like Xena or the original She-Ra simply wouldn't get made right now. So I think whatever this show ends up being, will probably be less like that and probably more like the recent POP cartoon was, thematically.

All speculation, again, but those are my predictions. We shall see.

Also, not trying to kill your excitement (or anyone else's). What you'd want to see from this show sounds a lot like what I, too, would like to see. Just looking around and speculating based on how these things have gone lately. I don't see it being an intensely action-driven show; I'm sure it will HAVE action but that probably won't be the main focus.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    All speculation at this point, but...

- I'm willing to bet that there will be no connection at all to He-man and MOTU. I think we're actually going to see a future where they're no longer officially integrated or connected at all, except maybe in toys. Probably not like, tomorrow, but now that it's been established that you can do She-Ra with no connection to MOTU, I think that's going to be the standard more and more often into the future. Especially with all of the rights being so complicated.

Can't put She-Ra in a MOTU movie, "because it's a separate license, it's just easier this way". Can't make MOTU references in a She-Ra show, "because it's a separate license, it's just easier this way". The writing's on the wall, it's just easier for companies who develop these things for TV and film to just keep them apart completely. Toy rights being their own thing, it's one thing for She-Ra stuff to creep into the MOTU toy lines and whatnot, but I think we've seen the last of She-Ra and He-Man sharing a TV screen, unfortunately. Nobody wants to be bothered cutting through the red tape.

- I doubt it'd be anything like Xena. "Girls shows" nowadays are all about resolving conflict without fighting and are more about promoting diversity and understanding than "fighting bad guys". Even a show like Xena or the original She-Ra simply wouldn't get made right now. So I think whatever this show ends up being, will probably be less like that and probably more like the recent POP cartoon was, thematically.

All speculation, again, but those are my predictions. We shall see.

Also, not trying to kill your excitement (or anyone else's). What you'd want to see from this show sounds a lot like what I, too, would like to see. Just looking around and speculating based on how these things have gone lately. I don't see it being an intensely action-driven show; I'm sure it will HAVE action but that probably won't be the main focus.
    I honestly hope you are wrong.
    The idea how She-Ra n He-Man have nothing to do with one another is really bad and such a stupid choice from the higher ups.
    They belong in the same Universe and the same shows.
    Fans want to see She-Ra and He-Man together, it makes the show stronger and brings in more audience.
    They really need to sort out the rights issues coz I'd love to see She-Ra in Revelation or He-Man in the live action She-Ra series.
    She-Ra in the live action He-Man movie would be outstanding.
    They need to fix these stupid rights issues.
    If MOTU is not involved in the She-Ra live action show I still hope we get a show that isn't directed for kids, that has heaps of serious fight scenes, amazing special effects and a great story.

Xena & She-Ra Rule

People always gush about The Boys, and I don't know. I love those comics way too much and the stuff they changed and watered-down for the show just really aggravates me. It also feels like some of the points the comic tried to make have been glossed over, or at least heavily simplified.

I'unno, I barely look at it very much. ((Shrug)) Visually it's nice but I prefer the books by a mile. The show just comes off as a more sanitized and easy-to-swallow version of the books, to me.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA