Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Live-Action She-Ra Coming To Amazon Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Dynaman View Post
    I think youíre focusing solely on US ratings, while failing to account for international markets. Itís why the top rated show before that was Baywatch, the sheer amount of international distribution that these shows possessed.
    Perfectly said!
    Xena & She-Ra Rule

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Still skepitcal about this, why not do a live action He-Man show first then She-Ra second? i mean she is He-Man's sister afterall
    Or, rather, He-Man is She-Ra's brother. He can wait, he's already had a live action movie and five animated series
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    It tells you that NBCUniversal was not that interested in selling toys, since they were the ones who produced the show.
    Well that's somewhat disingenuous. The toy company has to WANT to produce toys for a product. The licensor can't direct a potential licensee to make toys.

I did always wonder about the lack of synergy between the media and the merchandise, not thinking about the fact that it wasn't a Mattel driven product.

‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
    Well that's somewhat disingenuous. The toy company has to WANT to produce toys for a product. The licensor can't direct a potential licensee to make toys.

I did always wonder about the lack of synergy between the media and the merchandise, not thinking about the fact that it wasn't a Mattel driven product.
    It is not disengenuous. This is not an instance in which Mattel wanted to produce She-Ra and the Princesses of Power toys, and approached NBCUniversal to produce an animated series to support it. It the other way around. NBCUniversal wanted to produce new She-Ra and the Princesses of Power media as their product, and approached Mattel to produce toys to support it. So this is not Mattel's passion project, it is NBCUniversal's.

I would absolutely love a live action She-Ra series in the fashion of Xena, another of my long time favourite series!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Always fun whenever "I didn't like that thing, therefore I doubt it was popular" shows up. Good times.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

I will always have fond memories of both She-Ra and Xena, I used to imagine Xena stars playing live action versions of She-Ra characters back in the day, but time moves on and as much as I still love the stars, they are not quite *age appropriate* anymore (I'm trying to say this politely and with great admiration of course).
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

I hate xena

I hope it is really feminine and fairytale

Quote Originally Posted by Jayk View Post
    I hate xena

Wait, what?

How do you hate Xena? Like, the character or the whole show? Why?

Hercules, I'd understand that one. But Xena???
    Tweeterhead Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

Yes
    The Show

Cheap
    Silly
    American TV trash

Sorry:-)
    Just my thoughts

Its sooooo over the top unrealistic and the xena lady is not good looking

Yes
    The Show

Cheap
    Silly
    American TV trash

Just my thoughts

Hey, no worries. We all have our opinions and perspectives.

Okay, as a followup... did you form these opinions back when it was released or seeing it for the first time more recently?
    Tweeterhead Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

Yes
    The Show

Cheap
    Silly
    American TV trash

Just my thoughts

WOW I am shocked to read your thoughts. Xena was and is a magnificent show and Lucy Lawless who played Xena was and still is drop dead gorgeous. E-T-gSwWYAEFfIX.jpg This image is of Lucy in her new show My Life Is Murder season 2 and I don't understand how you think she is not good looking either here or as Xena. 18d16926fdd922f28d972cbcf70779a0.jpg

But we all have our own opinions!
    Xena & She-Ra Rule

Quote Originally Posted by Xena-She-Ra View Post
    WOW I am shocked to read your thoughts. Xena was and is a magnificent show and Lucy Lawless who played Xena was and still is drop dead gorgeous. E-T-gSwWYAEFfIX.jpg This image is of Lucy in her new show My Life Is Murder season 2 and I don't understand how you think she is not good looking either here or as Xena. 18d16926fdd922f28d972cbcf70779a0.jpg

But we all have our own opinions!
    I will always have a fond love for Xena, an absolutely amazing and groundbreaking series in so many ways, and as for Lucy Lawless, I also love her music and I not only have the two Xena musical episodes as CD soundtracks, but I also have Lucy's own albums and concert DVD's.

I'm also friends on Instagram with Adrienne Wilkinson who played Xena's daughter Eve and her evil alter ego Livia.

Yeah, I have always found Lucy Lawless very attractive. She was back in the Xena days, same for the Spartacus days, and even more recently in the Ash vs Evil Dead days.

What little I know about her as a person seems really awesome, too.

Xena was a lot of schlocky fun, didnít take itself seriously, knew what it was and leaned into it well.

I havenít seen it for years and itís probably aged terribly compared to current content but at the time it was greatÖ.and most importantly how could you not love Callisto??!!

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    Xena was a lot of schlocky fun, didnít take itself seriously, knew what it was and leaned into it well.

I havenít seen it for years and itís probably aged terribly compared to current content but at the time it was greatÖ.and most importantly how could you not love Callisto??!!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...ada1167dbb.jpg
    I absolutely love Hudson Leick as Callisto, she was always one of my favourite characters, and for the longest time, I thought she would be ideal as Adora/She-Ra.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I absolutely love Hudson Leick as Callisto, she was always one of my favourite characters, and for the longest time, I thought she would be ideal as Adora/She-Ra.
    Oh snap! I never thought of her as She-Ra but now you say it she would have been perfect.

Oh snap! I never thought of her as She-Ra but now you say it she would have been perfect.
    I remember the episodes where Callisto turned good and became an angel (in the white and gold dress), that was when I felt she would have been perfect as She-Ra. I think Melissa Benoist or Emilie Ullerup would be perfect now。
    Last edited by Mikey; September 28, 2021 at 03:29am.

Heroic Warrior

It was assuredly schlocky. Which is kind of why I keep bringing up the comparison (that and The Witcher, which seems to borrow some of its tone, albeit much more restrained). She-Ra is not supposed to be this UBER serious story of dread and death, even in its darkest incarnations. There's humor and camp built in. I don't think it needs to be as self-serving as the Noelle show, but going full grimdark isn't the right answer either.

That and let's face it, the action is what people probably want out of a live-action She-Ra, hot girls with swords fighting.

and most importantly how could you not love Callisto??!!

OH my.

My, my my my my. My.

Oh. My.

This was much-needed today and you have my sincere appreciation.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Xena was a lot of schlocky fun, didn’t take itself seriously, knew what it was and leaned into it well.

I haven’t seen it for years and it’s probably aged terribly compared to current content but at the time it was great….and most importantly how could you not love Callisto??!!

Not my taste

Along with all the Callisto episodes, I think one of my favourite episodes of Xena is Path Of Vengeance where Eve (Adrienne Wilkinson) is put on trial by Varia (Tsianina Joelson) for her crimes against the Amazons when she was Livia.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Along with all the Callisto episodes, I think one of my favourite episodes of Xena is Path Of Vengeance where Eve (Adrienne Wilkinson) is put on trial by Varia (Tsianina Joelson) for her crimes against the Amazons when she was Livia.
    I remember that episode. I loved Xena and Hercules and all the cheese.

I didn't watch Xena or Hercules but always respected the shows. If that many people loved it there has to be a lot of good in them. And Lucy was definitely a star who was known outside of the show, and that speaks to her having something special in her.

That said, after MOTUR I think I'd rather a more light hearted, fun take on She-Ra than something serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    I remember that episode. I loved Xena and Hercules and all the cheese.
    Me too, I love Hercules, Xena, Young Hercules and another show, Cleopatra 2525 which featured Gina Torres, Victoria Pratt and Jennifer Sky from those shows.