Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Live-Action She-Ra Coming To Amazon Prime

In regards to it being cheesy and colourful, I still think having action a long the lines of Tokusatsu could work.

Skip to about 1:40 in this video.

I don't mean in terms of say the belt yelling stuff out, but I could see the general way the action is staged and put together could work, it's a nice blend of cheese and epic, that could work if that's the kind route they went down with this show.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    In regards to it being cheesy and colourful, I still think having action a long the lines of Tokusatsu could work.

Skip to about 1:40 in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi7GhaXiwSo

I don't mean in terms of say the belt yelling stuff out, but I could see the general way the action is staged and put together could work, it's a nice blend of cheese and epic, that could work if that's the kind route they went down with this show.
    This looks really cool. What is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    This looks really cool. What is this?
    Kamen Rider Wizard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayk View Post
    and the xena lady is not good looking
    I'm sorry, I had a good laugh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xena-She-Ra View Post
    WOW I am shocked to read your thoughts. Xena was and is a magnificent show and Lucy Lawless who played Xena was and still is drop dead gorgeous. Attachment 127104 This image is of Lucy in her new show My Life Is Murder season 2 and I don't understand how you think she is not good looking either here or as Xena. Attachment 127105

But we all have our own opinions!
    Stunning picture as Xena.

I remember enjoying Cutey Honey live action TV show, so She-Ra could be something similar if it were made in Japan.
    Last edited by Chris85; September 30, 2021 at 11:48am.

Heroic Warrior
    Im all for this live action adaptation but they have to tell she is a princess with a twin brother. That she has a family somewhere looking for her. I hate the Princesses of Power show for ignoring this. There a lots of ways of doing it.

About Xena, I think I get what some of you guys said about it being trashy. There are some episodes that are gross like the one they got lice and scabies. But some other episodes had the trashy aspect and were funny and charming. I donīt mind if they go the Xena road in some aspects but the visuals need an upgrade.

I would love to see beautiful locations for this adaptation. They can do it without having to spend a lot of money. If they have a good photograph director they can transform simple places into perfection. Donīt know if you guys get me...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexApprobation View Post
    Yeah, I have always found Lucy Lawless very attractive. She was back in the Xena days, same for the Spartacus days, and even more recently in the Ash vs Evil Dead days.

What little I know about her as a person seems really awesome, too.

I'll admit, I wasn't a fan either. I was always more attracted to Gabrielle or Callistra

Xena? Not so much.

I love the entire Hercules & Xena-verse and I love Lucy Lawless as an actress and as a musician, with all her CD's and concert DVD's.

One line from the Path Of Vengeance episode resonates with me particularly, and could be an analogy for Adora/Despara's journey from villain to hero. It's when Varia (Tsianina Joelson) says in regard to Livia/Eve (Adrienne Wilkinson):

"This woman has pleaded guilty to her crimes, even she admits she can never do enough good to erase the evil she has done and yet she's willing to keep on trying. As Queen of the Amazon nation, I hereby sentence Livia, killer of the Amazons to death...so that Eve, the Messenger Of Peace may live".
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I'll admit, I wasn't a fan either. I was always more attracted to Gabrielle or Callistra

Xena? Not so much.
    As we say over here, "I would not kick any of those three out of bed for eating crackers."

...They probably say it elsewhere, but we say it over here, too.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    As we say over here, "I would not kick any of those three out of bed for eating crackers."

...They probably say it elsewhere, but we say it over here, too.

I get the sentiment, but as much as I'm attracted to all three, crackers in bed is a deal breaker. So wrong on so many levels!!!
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

Heroic Warrior
    This is why I have a hand vacuum.