Thread: Pictures of unreleased Queen Angella and Coronation Glimmer 2-Pack dolls

Pictures of unreleased Queen Angella and Coronation Glimmer 2-Pack dolls

Former Mattel employee Darren Sander posted some pictures on his IG of the unreleased Queen Angella and Coronation Glimmer 2-Pack.

Credit to Marvelous0ne for making me aware of this.
    Last edited by Tallstar; September 21, 2021 at 07:54am.

I really wish more had been done with SPOP for the toy aisle. It's hands-down my favourite MOTU-related media since childhood, and I would pay through the nose for a basket full of nice figures, in whatever scale. Fingers still crossed for Mastersverse, or a Super7 license or something down the road.
    Will Bell - Part-Time Poster

That Angella looks kinda creepy lol.

In Stereo Where Available Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    When I looked at the picture, at a glance I misread the 'Includes Staff' sticker, thinking it said, "Includes Stuff!"

Very very ugly

Hmm. They don't really do anything for me, though the iridescent wings for Angella was a cool idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayk View Post
    Very very ugly
    ...Yeah it's pretty bad.

Remember, this toyline was just a hodge podge of slapped together parts from their Monster High, DC Superhero Girls, Barbie etc doll ranges, no care was spared in their production.. hence why they all looked so ugly!
    Last edited by Zentron; September 17, 2021 at 06:42pm.
    Demand quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentron View Post
    Remember, this toyline was just a hodge podge of slapped together parts from their Monster High, DC Superhero Girls, Barbie etc doll ranges, no care was spared in their production.. hence why they all looked so ugly!
    You know, I designed these dolls. I worked really hard on them. I loved this show and characters. To say there was no care in their production is rude and insulting.

They did use DC super hero girl bodies, but everything else was new- heads, accessories. They weren’t just slapped together.

I’m all for criticism, but I would have thought She-Ra taught you all better when it comes to using your words.
    Last edited by Seahawk; September 21, 2021 at 02:51am. Reason: Spelling error

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

So then.... why did it not go into production? Something that would make money would not get scrapped for no reason!
    Demand quality.

Regardless of opinions, I'm sure there are plenty of fans out there who would have loved to add this set to their collection. I do wonder why it was never mass manufactured when it looks like it was all ready to go...

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Regardless of opinions, I'm sure there are plenty of fans out there who would have loved to add this set to their collection. I do wonder why it was never mass manufactured when it looks like it was all ready to go...
    Seems the first wave didn't sell that well, since I heard it went to clearance(if you even saw found them in the first place)
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Reviews2D View Post
    Seems the first wave didn't sell that well, since I heard it went to clearance(if you even saw found them in the first place)
    I heard that they went to Clearance nearly straight away in most shops, and low sales would account for products like these getting halted if it is believed that there is no value in releasing them. Wonder how small the market is for merch of the new show?
    Demand quality.

I absolutely love these figures especially Angella.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)