Thread: Faker I & Faker II

Devourer of Souls Barron Gagnat's Avatar

Faker I & Faker II

One simple question here, what's the difference between Faker I and Faker II?
    The one I have has boots that are slightly bigger than the earliest figures,
    these are more like the boots on TP He-Man.
    More than three shakes and you're playing with yourself
    My collection: http://s511.photobucket.com/albums/s...%20Collection/
    My wanted-list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...64#post1999764

Doesn't the second one have a softer head?!
    Armageddon will soon be here,
    the sinners will meet their fate.
    But I am calm and without fear,
    as I feed upon my hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    Doesn't the second one have a softer head?!
    The first one had a soft head and was released in 1983 and Faker 2 was released in 1987 and had a hard dead, that`s the only major difference that I know of, there may be subtle differences from figure to figure

Hmm, and I even had a 50/50 chance of getting it right ...
    Armageddon will soon be here,
    the sinners will meet their fate.
    But I am calm and without fear,
    as I feed upon my hate.

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    The first one had a soft head and was released in 1983 and Faker 2 was released in 1987 and had a hard dead, that`s the only major difference that I know of, there may be subtle differences from figure to figure
    Also the soft head is molded in blue with the hair etc painted on.

Faker 2's hard head is molded in red/orange with the blue skin painted on. Hence some examples will have the nose missing paint from play wear.

I'd take Faker1 any day as I believe all the hard headed He-man figures had distorted heads.
    Compare a TP He-man with an original one and you'll see what I mean.

Sheboygan,WI(Home of the Worlds Biggest Bratwurst Celebration)
    Faker 2 also had bigger feet like TP He-man's,and the chest sticker is bigger to.The arms were also made out of a more durable material.Compare the arms on Faker 1 and 2 and you'll see what I mean.
    My active ebay items for sale.http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/taddow...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ
    --------------------------------------------
    GOOD TRADERS
    jbaw2, Dr.Omega, [email protected], tmcclurg, celticsfan, THEGODBEAST, Venom77713, Royalt1us, racerx, davidlogan, granbeetle, MOTU SAN JOSE 2, prime731,galaxywarrior,Butterflyer,Creasy Bear.

Devourer of Souls Barron Gagnat's Avatar
    OK, this means I have Faker 2. Any point in owning them both, except for a complete collection?
    Last edited by Barron Gagnat; June 3, 2009 at 06:21pm. Reason: Typo
    More than three shakes and you're playing with yourself
    My collection: http://s511.photobucket.com/albums/s...%20Collection/
    My wanted-list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...64#post1999764

Heroic Warrior King Daddy Bo-Hog's Avatar

Faker II ???

Since the main page and toy collecting section of the site is down, I can't look this up there, but I have a question.

I know there were several releases of Faker in the original line, but was one of them actually labeled as Faker II?

I don't know why but I seem to have a memory of seeing that somewhere. I think it might just be a false memory. It might have been something that I saw online, rather than on figure packaging, but I'd swear I remember seeing Faker II somewhere.

It is strange... I have a really good memory in most instances, but I have several false memories regarding MOTU toys when I was young. For example, I clearly remember going to a Target store in Des Moines Iowa and seeing a Road Ripper Vehicle. I didn't have the money to buy it then (I always worked for the money for my toys), so I went home and mowed some lawns to get the money, and had my Dad take me back to Target, maybe a week later or so. They had the Road Ripper still, but it was a smaller version (like the actual size of the real toy). For the longest time I thought there were two versions of it, and I even hunted around for the larger version, but obviously never found it. It wasn't until the advent of the internet that I was able to discover that my memory of this was simply skewed somehow.

I also remember getting the Eternia playset at that same Target and only paying 79.99 for it (I had to mow a lot of lawns to save up for it), but by all accounts I've found, the retail price was more than this. And speaking of this playset, I would have sworn that Grayskull Tower was on the right side of the Central Tower (when facing it from the front). When I first saw the image from Revelation of Eternia, my first thought was "Why'd they switch the towers?" Clearly though I was wrong again.

There are other discrepancies in my memory of toys too, but I can't think of them right now. Maybe I'm just getting old.

There's a user here that goes by Faker II so you could be getting it from that.

As for false MOTU memories I can clearly remember seeing a brown Mossman at Toys R US along side Buzz-Off and some other figures.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 10/17/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    There's a user here that goes by Faker II so you could be getting it from that.

As for false MOTU memories I can clearly remember seeing a brown Mossman at Toys R US along side Buzz-Off and some other figures.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Well, that could be, though it doesn't say much for the integrity of my memory if I confused a toy package with a user name.

I'm not the best person to ask , but I'm almost sure Faker was re-released at the end of the lines life , with a sticker on his chest and the words " he's back" on his packaging , but he was never called faker 2

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Oops, sorry for starting a new thread on this. I can never get the search function to work.

Quote Originally Posted by BURTDAWG View Post
    Faker 2 also had bigger feet like TP He-man's,and the chest sticker is bigger to.The arms were also made out of a more durable material.Compare the arms on Faker 1 and 2 and you'll see what I mean.
    There are versions of Faker II with smaller feet too. But yes, hard head. Molded in the color of the hair, so the face is painted. Faker I was the opposite - the head was molded in blue and the hair was painted.

cyber-assassin
    Quote Originally Posted by King Daddy Bo-Hog View Post
    Since the main page and toy collecting section of the site is down, I can't look this up there, but I have a question.

I know there were several releases of Faker in the original line, but was one of them actually labeled as Faker II?

I don't know why but I seem to have a memory of seeing that somewhere. I think it might just be a false memory. It might have been something that I saw online, rather than on figure packaging, but I'd swear I remember seeing Faker II somewhere.

It is strange... I have a really good memory in most instances, but I have several false memories regarding MOTU toys when I was young. For example, I clearly remember going to a Target store in Des Moines Iowa and seeing a Road Ripper Vehicle. I didn't have the money to buy it then (I always worked for the money for my toys), so I went home and mowed some lawns to get the money, and had my Dad take me back to Target, maybe a week later or so. They had the Road Ripper still, but it was a smaller version (like the actual size of the real toy). For the longest time I thought there were two versions of it, and I even hunted around for the larger version, but obviously never found it. It wasn't until the advent of the internet that I was able to discover that my memory of this was simply skewed somehow.

I also remember getting the Eternia playset at that same Target and only paying 79.99 for it (I had to mow a lot of lawns to save up for it), but by all accounts I've found, the retail price was more than this. And speaking of this playset, I would have sworn that Grayskull Tower was on the right side of the Central Tower (when facing it from the front). When I first saw the image from Revelation of Eternia, my first thought was "Why'd they switch the towers?" Clearly though I was wrong again.

There are other discrepancies in my memory of toys too, but I can't think of them right now. Maybe I'm just getting old.
    So, Faker 2 said "He's back!", And I've seen him called Faker II online. I think the tag line might have done something (added or removed) the word EVIL before robot.

As far as Eternia, might you have got it on clearance? Hills in Marion Oh clearanced all 4 of them out for $49.99 around 88, and a couple of terror drones for $24.99. I should have gotten one then, but nooooo. I HAD TO HAVE Tiger force joes.
    Those whom god wishes to destroy,
    He first makes mad. - Reinfield.

Quote Originally Posted by faker32828 View Post
    So, Faker 2 said "He's back!", And I've seen him called Faker II online. I think the tag line might have done something (added or removed) the word EVIL before robot.

As far as Eternia, might you have got it on clearance? Hills in Marion Oh clearanced all 4 of them out for $49.99 around 88, and a couple of terror drones for $24.99. I should have gotten one then, but nooooo. I HAD TO HAVE Tiger force joes.
    Its hard to say about Eternia and clearance, as in those days, the only way to find a new toy was to look in the store. I know there wasn't a clearance sticker on it, but it could have been a sale. I know every time my parents went to a store I was right there with them to check out the toys, so I don't think I would have known of its existence for very long before saving up for it.