Thread: LoP Mer-Man Retail Release with sticker

LoP Mer-Man Retail Release with sticker

Sorry if this had been touched upon in another thread, but I couldn't find anything.

Any reason why *some* of the retail releases of the LoP Mer-Man have a "LoP" logo sticker on the card bubble and some do not?

When I had ordered this from BBTS I saw the note "Note: Package may or may not include the LoP sticker and will be shipped at random". Mine arrived and did have the sticker, so that's cool. But I have seen others without them too,

Did Mattel initially add the sticker and then change their minds for some reason? I mean, I can certainly imagine the average (non die-hard) buyer seeing that sticker and saying "WTH is LoP?"

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    It was the other way around. The early ones have no sticker. The sticker was added later, and the cardback was changed to include the "vintage sculpt" He-Man and Skeletor instead of the regular Origins head He-Man and Skeletor.

Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    It was the other way around. The early ones have no sticker. The sticker was added later, and the cardback was changed to include the "vintage sculpt" He-Man and Skeletor instead of the regular Origins head He-Man and Skeletor.
    Mine that shipped in June from BBTS didn't have the sticker, but had the vintage sculpts on the back. I'm only clipping and collecting the card art, so I don't have the rest of the package anymore, but I remember seeing all of my wave 5 had the vintage sculpt heads on the back, so there's at least a 3rd variant out there for his package that must have been in-between the transition.
    I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it.
    - Groucho Marx

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Afterlife07 View Post
    Mine that shipped in June from BBTS didn't have the sticker, but had the vintage sculpts on the back. I'm only clipping and collecting the card art, so I don't have the rest of the package anymore, but I remember seeing all of my wave 5 had the vintage sculpt heads on the back, so there's at least a 3rd variant out there for his package that must have been in-between the transition.
    Another variant for MOC collectors I guess. Glad I'm not in that boat trying to keep up with all the differences!

Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    Another variant for MOC collectors I guess. Glad I'm not in that boat trying to keep up with all the differences!
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I usually pick one variant and stick with it on the physical figures (to me the vintage heads/ full sword are distinct enough to consider a different figure for He-Man/Skeletor), but I don't think I could do packaging variants. I think the Hasbro Kenner Ghostbusters re-issues had like 3 o 4 variants as well in the first wave.
    I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it.
    - Groucho Marx

Heroic Warrior
    Pretty sure mine had a sticker. No idea what the card looked like. It all got ripped open and tossed inbthe trash.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

The one I got from BBTS on 6/8 did not have a sticker
    The one I got from BBTS (with the full wave) on 7/22 did have the sticker

Both cards have the Vintage heads on them
    Instagram: dadhausen

Widget
    All the ones I've seen in store in Canada have the LOP sticker on it.

Not sure what the significance of LOP is. I read it means Lords of Power, but not sure where it came from.

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post

Not sure what the significance of LOP is. I read it means Lords of Power, but not sure where it came from.
    The Lords of Power figures recreate the characters from the prototype sculpts shown in the original promotional materials.
    Originally set under the working title "Lords of Power," the name "Masters of the Universe" came into being when it was suggested that the former name of the toy line was too religious in nature.

Attachment 127009
    Last edited by depp76; September 16, 2021 at 01:04pm.

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post

you can also get info from here.

https://battleramblog.com/lords-of-p...awn-of-he-man/
    Instagram: dadhausen

Widget
    Cool. Thanks for the info.