Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Prequel Comic #3 Official Talkback New Thread

Masters of the Universe Revelation Prequel Comic #3 Official Talkback New Thread

The other thread is down. Talk about the #3 comic here. Expect spoilers. Thanks.

Heroic Warrior
    These comics feel like Mattel really wants to play with Hordak some more, hence him lurking in the background of most of the Evil Warriors stories. It's a shame the series is so short because a whole big reinvention of the Horde as the imposing army of death they're supposed to be sounds like it could be fun.

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    So my somewhat-substantial post on the previous #3 talkback is lost? Rats...

Well, in a nutshell, I liked it.
    ~ CALL YOUR CHAMPION ~

I think these per issue threads keep getting taken down because there's a dedicated core thread for the whole series already.
    Tweeterhead Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

Quote Originally Posted by AlexApprobation View Post
    I think these per issue threads keep getting taken down because there's a dedicated core thread for the whole series already.
    No. There is something buggy happening with the original thread. When a 2nd thread was created, but a combine attempt with the original was done by a mod, that ruined that thread as well. This just needs to be kept separate from the previous ones at least for now.

It was a bit odd seeing a whole species of skeleton people in the comic. I wasn't quite expecting that type of origin for Skeletor. I think I like the more demon and even the Keldor origin more.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    No. There is something buggy happening with the original thread. When a 2nd thread was created, but a combine attempt with the original was done by a mod, that ruined that thread as well. This just needs to be kept separate from the previous ones at least for now.
    Ah, gotcha. I've seen this exact thing happen for a separate issue #2 thread and now with #3. Carry on!
    Tweeterhead Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

Interesting issue to say the least. Skeletor was a slave and Lynne ran away from cannibals that bought her from her parents (shrugs). Wasn't quite sure what was going on with Lynne seeing Teela in Skeletor's vision or was that Skeletor seeing it? Was Skeletor seeing things through Lynne? Man I don't know. I liked the issue and the thing about this series is each issue is better than the previous.

Of the three released so far , this ones the best although it's still only " okay" ( no offense intended to those that are enjoying the series ) the art still feels bland and empty but the story's a step up from the last 2 issues at least . I wondered wether there's a reason why " majestra" had the same eye colour and hair colour as evil lynne , and said things like " since I looked like you " , is " majestra" an older evil lynne ? Is time travel , or altering time a factor ? Would be quite clever if skeletor made young evil lynne kill her older self , but with only one issue left it's doubtful anything that huge would be explained

Anyway , all in all I'd give this issue a 5 or 6 out of ten , if the series continues after 4 I hope they change artist's and focus on either individual adventures for some of the more underused masters or give us a couple of standard actual he man adventures

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

I think they dropped the ball on this one as far as importance for being a prequel to Revelations. So far they've given us three origin stories and nothing really for "the earth shattering conclusion!" Of the classic issue 4 of 4 Mini series set up. At this rate it will be a oh, by the way... Kind of ending.

Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    I think they dropped the ball on this one as far as importance for being a prequel to Revelations. So far they've given us three origin stories and nothing really for "the earth shattering conclusion!" Of the classic issue 4 of 4 Mini series set up. At this rate it will be a oh, by the way... Kind of ending.
    Totally agree , it's a shame too because I REALLY like the revelation series on Netflix, I just don't think dark horse have bought thier A game with this series , the first issue was poor and the second issue was just atrocious . This evil lynne issue was a slight improvement but this series could have been so much more

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Should have just been a one-shot. It's just boring to read now.

Yeah, issue 4 has some huge shoes to fill because I really want them to drop something in the laps of the people who took the time to read these with a bomb shell of sorts . Right now I'd settle for a firecracker.... Little more than a week to go...