Thread: Is the MOTU Toy Guide book from Dark Horse one book or two??

Court Magician

Is the MOTU Toy Guide book from Dark Horse one book or two??

Hey all.

I got the book (on the R) from Amazon and it's awesome. BUT I was scrolling around on BBTS and saw the pic posted below. From what I can tell this second volume isn't available other than as a Kindle download and it didn't come with my book, so I guess I'm confused.

Do any of you have the second book (pic on the L) and if so, how did you get it and what's in it???

vhkbk.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BradGallaway View Post
    Hey all.

I got the book (on the R) from Amazon and it's awesome. BUT I was scrolling around on BBTS and saw the pic posted below. From what I can tell this second volume isn't available other than as a Kindle download and it didn't come with my book, so I guess I'm confused.

Do any of you have the second book (pic on the L) and if so, how did you get it and what's in it???

vhkbk.jpg
    The picture on the left is the Character Guide & World Compendium (focusing on ALL aspects of the MOTU/POP universe), it's a completely different book than the Toy Guide on the right.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    From what I can tell this second volume isn't available other than as a Kindle download and it didn't come with my book, so I guess I'm confused.
    When these guide books are very massive (that one being 750+ pages), the Kindle version will often break it into two volumes, two separate purchases, equating to 1 Physical Book = 2 Digital Volumes/Parts.
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Podcast
    Masters of the Universe Podcast

ForEternia.com
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation Fan Site

- - - - -

Hey all.

vhkbk.jpg
    The toy guide itself is one book. When it was released, they also did a special two-pack with a supplemental to the compendium. That two-pack was a Power-Con exclusive. Big Bad Toy Store bought some to resell on their site. That's why you see what you're seeing. As stated, the Kindle version was just the one book split into two volumes. It does not include the supplemental.

More information on the book, and how it was released with the supplemental can be found here:

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...rom-Dark-Horse