Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Netflix He-Man & the Masters of the Universe Season #1 Talkback Thread *SPOILERS*

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GranamyrGreen View Post
    Frankly its a pretty by the numbers modern kid show. I find nothing special about it. I don't care for 200X show. But at least it tried to stay true the original. This is the "New New Adventures of He-man" to me.
    Even though I overall had moderate fun with the CG show even more than 200X, I definitely agree with this sentiment, and certainly hope this won't represent the future of the motu franchise. (And if I had to guess, it won't thankfully, based on the little attention it received and little excitement it has generated from what I can tell.)
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Podcast
    Masters of the Universe Podcast

ForEternia.com
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation Fan Site

- - - - -

He-man fans are only fanbase i can think of. Where you can change every aspect of the IP and people will act like its best thing ever happened. Frankly its a pretty by the numbers modern kid show. I find nothing special about it. I don't care for 200X show. But at least it tried to stay true the original. This is the "New New Adventures of He-man" to me.
    I don't think you're alone in this mindset, although I don't really mind complete reboots sometimes.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

I really enjoyed the CGI show. The writing is a lot more interesting and the character designs are very fun and toyetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I really enjoyed the CGI show. The writing is a lot more interesting and the character designs are very fun and toyetic.
    I totally agree on all of these points!
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: Zodak (200X style), King Grayskull (Revelation style), He-Man 2.0, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Beast Man, Trap-Jaw, Kobra Khan

Heroic Warrior
    He-man fans are only fanbase i can think of. Where you can change every aspect of the IP and people will act like its best thing ever
    Recent Doctor Who and the MCU say hi.

Any fans of this series should pick up a copy of the Heroes and Villains Guidebook... so many added details to things we already knew or figured out along with teases of cool characters and creations to come. (I logged in to speak about them, but I'll try to show some restraint until more people have read it).
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: Zodak (200X style), King Grayskull (Revelation style), He-Man 2.0, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Beast Man, Trap-Jaw, Kobra Khan

I had more fun with this show than Revelations. Skeletor seems like a perfect mix of his Filmation and 200X incarnations with a dash of New Adventures.
    Looking forward to season 2

So a guy called Proteinerd said in the Revelation topic he already seen seasons 2 and 3 thanks to some contacts. Are there any rumors out there about what we can expect?
    The latest ToyArk news on upcoming MOTU toys had some interesting names, but I am unsure those are all Netflix listings and not just Origins...

Mosquitara? Is that the lovechild of Mosquitor and Cheetara? And I remember Ram Man and Stratos having listings too.

Quote Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
    So a guy called Proteinerd said in the Revelation topic he already seen seasons 2 and 3 thanks to some contacts. Are there any rumors out there about what we can expect?
    The latest ToyArk news on upcoming MOTU toys had some interesting names, but I am unsure those are all Netflix listings and not just Origins...
    I was going to PM you back but I may as well just write it here. Iíve seen the first few episodes of S2 and really enjoyed them. Itís as much fun as S1.

Not all of S2 is available for me but strangely all of S3 seems to be. After watching what I could of S2 I caved and loaded first episode of S3 and it gave away too much of whatís going on through S2 so I didnít want to spoil anymore for myself so stopped watching.

I hate to spoil stuff for people but a few of these things are already out there to some degree. I quite like how they have done Stratos in S2E1. Very funny ďJiveĒ cool cat personality as the King of Avion that the gang get off on the wrong foot of.

Pretty sure MEF has been leaked as well, his changing faces have been redesigned to spin vertically which is cool.

Also ďThe Tri KlopsĒ has been completely reimagined in every sense of the wordÖ. Howís that for an ambiguous tease lol.

I donít want to give away the over arching storyline and what Skeletor is after but it was setting up to be pretty epic!

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    I was going to PM you back but I may as well just write it here. Iíve seen the first few episodes of S2 and really enjoyed them. Itís as much fun as S1.

Not all of S2 is available for me but strangely all of S3 seems to be. After watching what I could of S2 I caved and loaded first episode of S3 and it gave away too much of whatís going on through S2 so I didnít want to spoil anymore for myself so stopped watching.

I hate to spoil stuff for people but a few of these things are already out there to some degree. I quite like how they have done Stratos in S2E1. Very funny ďJiveĒ cool cat personality as the King of Avion that the gang get off on the wrong foot of.

Pretty sure MEF has been leaked as well, his changing faces have been redesigned to spin vertically which is cool.

Also ďThe Tri KlopsĒ has been completely reimagined in every sense of the wordÖ. Howís that for an ambiguous tease lol.

I donít want to give away the over arching storyline and what Skeletor is after but it was setting up to be pretty epic!
    This all sounds awesome and amazing, I can't wait for more of MOTU Revelation and CGI MOTU!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Hmmm, very interesting... they have so many episodes finished and in the queue for release, yet still no official release dates given by Netflix or Mattel? I've wrote enough about my frustrations in lack of communication from them on these forums, so I will try not to rant my frustrations again here, too.

On the upside, all of this sounds very cool and I look forward to seeing it... whenever they get around to putting them up for more people.

It seems that you're in Australia... were you just using your regular service? Or were you using something like a VPN under a different location to access these?

Heroic Warrior

Netflix He-Man & the Masters of the Universe Season #1 Talkback Thread *SPOILERS*

Nothing to see here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They arenít available to the general public, itís on a preview platform for internal employees.

The episodes arenít fully rendered with all the final details but but are definitely watchable and the ones I watched had all the voice acting, sound and most of the music finished, it was mainly the visuals that werenít complete more like a very low resolution version. So Iíll definitely be rewatching when itís released.

Itís not like they are ready for release and just sitting there. They still need work. I havenít heard anything about a possible release date yet.

What Iíve seen is great though, if your a fan of the CGI show, Iím sure your going to love itÖ.. Iíd love to give more hints and teasers but I donít want to get my Netflix contact in trouble or spoil anything, thatís half the fun!

They arenít available to the general public, itís on a preview platform for internal employees.

The episodes arenít fully rendered with all the final details but but are definitely watchable and the ones I watched had all the voice acting, sound and most of the music finished, it was mainly the visuals that werenít complete more like a very low resolution version. So Iíll definitely be rewatching when itís released.

Itís not like they are ready for release and just sitting there. They still need work. I havenít heard anything about a possible release date yet.

What Iíve seen is great though, if your a fan of the CGI show, Iím sure your going to love itÖ.. Iíd love to give more hints and teasers but I donít want to get my Netflix contact in trouble or spoil anything, thatís half the fun!
    Aha, okay, that makes more sense. Although it's kinda weird that they're uploading unfinished work to a Netflix server and not a more internal animation studio server.

Yeah, I'm a HUGE fan of the CGI show. I don't think I've been this enamored by an animated show since Beast Wars first came out however many years ago, haha.

No need for any story details... no need to ruin the surprise or your contract!

I was going to PM you back but I may as well just write it here. I’ve seen the first few episodes of S2 and really enjoyed them. It’s as much fun as S1.

Not all of S2 is available for me but strangely all of S3 seems to be. After watching what I could of S2 I caved and loaded first episode of S3 and it gave away too much of what’s going on through S2 so I didn’t want to spoil anymore for myself so stopped watching.

I hate to spoil stuff for people but a few of these things are already out there to some degree. I quite like how they have done Stratos in S2E1. Very funny “Jive” cool cat personality as the King of Avion that the gang get off on the wrong foot of.

Also “The Tri Klops” has been completely reimagined in every sense of the word…. How’s that for an ambiguous tease lol.

I don’t want to give away the over arching storyline and what Skeletor is after but it was setting up to be pretty epic!
    Wow thanks for all the info!
    I am quite surprised even S3 is available. Maybe it was like with Netflix She-Ra and Voltron, where they arbitrarily cut up existing longer seasons into short ones just to generate hype?
    Can you tell how many episodes do S2 and S3 have? 10 like Season 1?
    I have not seen these leaks anywhere, is there a toy topic perhaps where those were leaked? What you say of Stratos, Man-E-Faces and Tri-Klops sounds awesome.
    Also, can you reveal whether anything "Two Bad" happens with Tuwar and Baddrah?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexApprobation View Post
    Hmmm, very interesting... they have so many episodes finished and in the queue for release, yet still no official release dates given by Netflix or Mattel? I've wrote enough about my frustrations in lack of communication from them on these forums, so I will try not to rant my frustrations again here, too.

On the upside, all of this sounds very cool and I look forward to seeing it... whenever they get around to putting them up for more people.

It seems that you're in Australia... were you just using your regular service? Or were you using something like a VPN under a different location to access these?
    I agree, it is frustrating that Netflix often doesn't show trailers for a show, just drops it off without an announcement. I remember how I basically had to check Netflix weekly to see if Skylanders Academy's new season came out or not.

I have not seen these leaks anywhere, is there a toy topic perhaps where those were leaked? What you say of Stratos, Man-E-Faces and Tri-Klops sounds awesome.
    A lot of this stuff was mentioned and teased in the NEW He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: Heroes and Villains Guidebook. The last page of the thread has a lot of discussion on what was mentioned, how, and what all that could mean within the series. If you're a fan of the series, I'd highly suggest you pick up a copy... it's a very enjoyable read!

Wow thanks for all the info!
    I am quite surprised even S3 is available. Maybe it was like with Netflix She-Ra and Voltron, where they arbitrarily cut up existing longer seasons into short ones just to generate hype?
    Can you tell how many episodes do S2 and S3 have? 10 like Season 1?
    Also, can you reveal whether anything "Two Bad" happens with Tuwar and Baddrah?

I agree, it is frustrating that Netflix often doesn't show trailers for a show, just drops it off without an announcement. I remember how I basically had to check Netflix weekly to see if Skylanders Academy's new season came out or not.
    I just checked again. No more new episodes of S2 for me to watch sadly and all of S3 is just sitting there taunting me lol.

S2 -eps 11-20
    S3 - eps 21-26 (although 26 might be a 2 parter)

Sorry, no news on two bad.

On a completely unrelated note I think (THINK, not 100% sure ) mid Feb and mid May might be a good times to make sure your still subscribed to Netflix

I just checked again. No more new episodes of S2 for me to watch sadly and all of S3 is just sitting there taunting me lol.

S2 -eps 11-20
    S3 - eps 21-26 (although 26 might be a 2 parter)

Sorry, no news on two bad.

On a completely unrelated note I think (THINK, not 100% sure ) mid Feb and mid May might be a good times to make sure your still subscribed to Netflix
    I am totally and awesomely excited for all of this!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

He-Man historian
    Maybe it was like with Netflix She-Ra and Voltron, where they arbitrarily cut up existing longer seasons into short ones just to generate hype?
    The She-Ra thing was just weird. They had a 52-episode order from the start. And even in the leaked Series Bible it stated that it will flow easily as 4 seasons; 13 episodes each.

But then Netflix had some seasons short. Others longer….

With CGI He-Man, they have a 26-episode order.
    So with first 10 already shown, it seems easy that Season 2 would be 8 and Season 3 the remaining 8. (Though if they go #11-20 and then #21-26 that doesn’t sound too bad)

Overall…
    I’m just not personally a fan of them seasons chopped up any which way, as I do want to think writers map out a story in advance. And any Network changes will just cause awkward timing or result possibly other issues (Heck, even head writer on Disney DuckTales told fans that episodes didn’t air in the order they had planned. As they did think of alternating episodes with some more focused on Scrooge, and then others with supporting cast. But they got aired differently…)
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    Even though I overall had moderate fun with the CG show even more than 200X, I definitely agree with this sentiment, and certainly hope this won't represent the future of the motu franchise. (And if I had to guess, it won't thankfully, based on the little attention it received and little excitement it has generated from what I can tell.)
    Bit of a silly notion to hope something doesn't succeed just because it does something a bit bolder and different with a franchise badly in need of reinvention don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    The She-Ra thing was just weird. They had a 52-episode order from the start. And even in the leaked Series Bible it stated that it will flow easily as 4 seasons; 13 episodes each.

But then Netflix had some seasons short. Others longer….

With CGI He-Man, they have a 26-episode order.
    So with first 10 already shown, it seems easy that Season 2 would be 8 and Season 3 the remaining 8. (Though if they go #11-20 and then #21-26 that doesn’t sound too bad)

Overall…
    I’m just not personally a fan of them seasons chopped up any which way, as I do want to think writers map out a story in advance. And any Network changes will just cause awkward timing or result possibly other issues (Heck, even head writer on Disney DuckTales told fans that episodes didn’t air in the order they had planned. As they did think of alternating episodes with some more focused on Scrooge, and then others with supporting cast. But they got aired differently…)
    I'm guessing part of the reason for the middle of the season split up was to stretch new episodes out to sell toys. When the She-Ra merchandise bombed, they decided to go back to just burning through the episodes. Revelation likely got split up because they wanted to make sure they had some episodes near the toy launch and they weren't all completed yet.

Heroic Warrior
    I am not personally a fan. It's too kid-oriented for me, and between the CG, music, and cinematography, it feels like I'm watching a video of game.

But my daughter likes it, and I don't hate it. It seems like a good candidate for a new PoP crossover, which would be very fun.

I don't care for 200X show. But at least it tried to stay true the original. This is the "New New Adventures of He-man" to me.
    In a way NA was better. The two are equally unrecognizable, but NA gave us a fresher setting and premise, plus was theoretically in continuity with pre-existing lore.

And I do so like the Evil Mutants! I am very much hoping they can be worked into Revelation and/or the C'MON board game somehow. Even if just a nod or Easter egg.
    In fact, the more I think about this I'd have printed more into the CG show of it has been a NA reboot.

He-man fans are only fanbase i can think of. Where you can change every aspect of the IP and people will act like its best thing ever happened.
    I am legitimately shocked that fandom has embraced this show but is divided and hostile to the "love letter" that is Revelation. It blows my mind.
    Last edited by crimhead; January 17, 2022 at 02:53pm.
    Totally Jazzed for C'MONs Clash For Eternia!

Quote Originally Posted by crimhead View Post
    I am not personally a fan. It's too kid-oriented for me, and between the CG, music, and cinematography, it feels like I'm watching a video of game.

But my daughter likes it, and I don't hate it. It seems like a good candidate for a new PoP crossover, which would be very fun.

I am legitimately shocked that fandom has embraced this show but is divided and hostile to the "love letter" that is Revelation. It blows my mind.
    Some of the admiration is fake just to jab at Revelations fans or Kevin Smith for "lying" Some of it is simply because the show wasn't as "drastic" as Rev was. It's a good little reboot even though I'm sure that so far it's missing its target audience and tanking with the kids. It's the old guard watching it NOT kids

Quote Originally Posted by crimhead View Post
    One was originally promoted as a sequel to the original Filmation show and a "love letter" to its fans while the other is meant for a new generation, so it isn't too shocking. There were different expectations. That said, it would appear ratings wise that Revelation is doing better if we base it off of Netflix Top 10 lists. Neither has seemed to bring in much of the younger generations yet.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    One was originally promoted as a sequel to the original Filmation show and a "love letter" to its fans while the other is meant for a new generation, so it isn't too shocking. There were different expectations.
    I struggle to imagine what people expected from a grittier, darker, sequel. The two or three retcons do not warrant nor explain such fierce disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    That said, it would appear ratings wise that Revelation is doing better if we base it off of Netflix Top 10 lists. Neither has seemed to bring in much of the younger generations yet.
    It makes a lot more sense that the Revelation was successful and popular and that the noise was just a loud and vocal minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawl View Post
    Skeletor seems like a perfect mix of his Filmation and 200X incarnations with a dash of New Adventures.
    Thank you for this! Like a lot of folks here, I am a long time huge fan of Skeletor. While I prefer him as an interdimensional deamon as opposed to He-Man's uncle, I love him in all his forms. I even like Intergalactic Overlord Skeletor.

Your post makes me want to give the show another try.
    Totally Jazzed for C'MONs Clash For Eternia!