Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation - Episode 06 [Official Talkback Thread] SPOILERS

He-Man historian

Masters of the Universe Revelation - Episode 06 [Official Talkback Thread] SPOILERS

The remaining five episodes (6-10) of Season 1 (also known as ”Part 2”) for Masters of the Universe Revelation drops today November 23rd on Netflix.

From MattelTV and Powerhouse Animation.

Official Talkback thread for episode 06 of Masters of the Universe Revelation

"CLEAVED IN TWAIN"

Written by: Eric Carrasco & Kevin Smith

Expect SPOILERS within this thread.

Additional He-Man.Org Rules and Guidelines for This Thread - Please Read!

There has been a lot of discussion on where specific topics to be discussed land within this thread. This forum is intended to be all-ages and more light-hearted in spirit and is not to be dragged down into the typical debates about sex, politics, race and religion we see online often leading to anger and hurt feelings. Those topics can still be discussed, however they will be discussed in the Tar Swamp where there is a more open, adult platform for those topics.
    To help keep the forums fun and friendly, the admins and moderators have conversed and decided guidelines on what can and can’t be discussed in this thread and what will be referred to the Tar Swamp.

What can be discussed:
    • The specific reasons why we enjoy the show
    • Constructive reasons why we dislike the show
    • Reasons why we like/enjoy specific characters
    • Constructive reasons why we dislike characters
    • Relationships between characters (all inclusive and diversity - heterosexual, homosexual, pan, etc.) that are clearly defined in the cartoon

Topics for the Tar Swamp:
    • Debates about sex, politics and religion
    • Debates about race (discussion on race swapping of characters is allowed, but must not be political in nature)
    • Debates about morality and any sexually related topic, or any politics associated with sexuality
    • Speculation about a character’s sexuality

Last edited by Jukka; November 23, 2021 at 08:22am.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Omg duncan has his outfit from that one episode

- - - Updated - - -

Also, baby Teela's cute

- - - Updated - - -

YOOOOOO

Duncan and the Sorceress are a couple. I love that.

- - - Updated - - -

The Adam and Cringer thing was badass

- - - Updated - - -

Oh ****, Fisto and Clamp Champ are straight up dead.

Like, that was a kick ass fight scene, but holy ****

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    Duncan and the Sorceress are a couple. I love that.*
    It's about time. I've wanted that since MYP.

Heroic Warrior
    Okay, something about a sex scene in a MOTU cartoon makes me wildly uncomfortable. Like, I know sex exists in MOTU, but I never really imagined these characters going at it.

I've loved basically everything about this season so far, so this is the first thing that's really made me pause and be like I don't like this.

Omg I just finished the first 2 episodes of part 2 and it was spectacular. This show just keeps getting better and better.
    The fight scenes and action are just amazing.
    I can't wait to watch the next 3 episodes tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Xena Warrior Princess & She-Ra Fan from Down Under

Heroic Warrior

Nooo Bionatops ;-;

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Really enjoying part 2 so far, only seen 3 episodes so far
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Heroic Warrior
    I love that we have '87 movie references.

Also, I want a spinoff about Pig Boy and Goat Man

Heroic Warrior King Daddy Bo-Hog's Avatar
    Just finished the last episode... must process. Animation and coloring are still beautiful.

Blood, death and sex: Masters of the Universe is Great! The Horde symbol made me cry
    Last edited by Lord Hordak; November 23, 2021 at 09:07am.
    Lord Hordak

Sorry, should of known to put a spoiler bracket up. Now that I know this site has one, I'll do so going forward.

Finished the last episode. Thank god Teela's hair grew back. About the only spoiler I will give. Wasn't fond of her new design. Also loved the bit with Randor and Marlena. It seems I was right that there was some massive strain between them, which really made sense and showed their humanity. Randor and Adam's scenes were outright touching, and He-Man and Marlena's sometimes were outright hillarious. "Alright, but be back for dinner!" Had a definite "Miracle Max" vibe to it ala The Princess Bride.

All in all, it felt like a solid conclusion. WATCH IT!
    Last edited by He-R0; November 23, 2021 at 05:54pm.

Heroic Warrior

Holy ****, that was perfect. This is actually the best incarnation of MOTU, hands down. Between the beautiful animation, the touching story, the kickass action, the well crafted characters, and the perfect amount of fan service, I don't think MOTU can be done any better. The only way this could have been any better is if both parts had been released at once.

And that ending, holy ****. That's the perfect cliffhanger. I wonder if Skeletor's gonna become like Laser Light Skeletor in season two.

Remember when people were crying that Kevin Smith ruined MOTU? He made literal perfection.

I really hope the people who are predisposed to hate Revelation don't ignore this, since it's legitimately the best MOTU thing period.

Heroic Warrior
    I can admit when I'm wrong, that was a good back-half, not perfect, and still doesn't quite redeem the first five episodes, but it's clear now that was just a fraction of an appetiser compared to the delight of the main course.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    I can admit when I'm wrong, that was a good back-half, not perfect, and still doesn't quite redeem the first five episodes, but it's clear now that was just a fraction of an appetiser compared to the delight of the main course.

That was pretty much how I felt, glad that others that were disappointed with the first half enjoyed the second half.

He-Man historian
    Omg duncan has his outfit from that one episode
    If you are referring to Filmation flashback Duncan. That outfit appears in

"Teela's Quest"
    and
    "The Remedy"

He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Young Duncan is sexy
    Lord Hordak

I'm at work, so I can't watch until tonight. Someone has to tell me - Stratos. He in it? Background character with the other Avions or more prominent?

There are Avions, but no Stratos
    Lord Hordak

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Hordak View Post
    There are Avions, but no Stratos

Thanks.

Heroic Warrior
    I love that we have '87 movie references.

Also, I want a spinoff about Pig Boy and Goat Man

Did Kevin voice Goat Man? (I just skipped each episode's credits to get to the next episode.)

Amazing and a lot to process, I'd say both parts 1 and part 2 are pretty equal for me, a lot i liked, a few things i need to warm to or didn't care for.

LOVE the 87 movie references

Can't believe Blade shows up!
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Already watched it all. I didn't eat, I didn't shower, I'm late to work, I'm going to be yelled at, and is going to be hard to not yell back I'M MY OWN MASTER!!!! FOR ETERNIA!!!!! BWAAAAAHHH!!!! (Beast He-Man's screams).

Too much adrenaline, I need to calm down but I loved it and can'twait to be back at home to see it again!

Loose thoughts about the story:

I'm still sad for the Sorceress. Since her death I was hoping Teela would bring her back, even more now that her relationship with Duncan was finally made official. I'm grateful for this, even as a child seeing Filmation, it was always obvious for me and the most easy way to explain Teela's origins (Also was totally ok with the idea of a bird rising an infant in a nest).

Duncan is hot, Evil-Lyn is hot, He-Man is hot, all three in all presentations.

Loved all the blood.

Big battle was ok.

I want a tattoo like Duncan's one. Can it be his rank? Something army-related?

What happened to all the people in the city? Are they dead? What about Preternia?

Had too much expectations for Orko. He was ok, just not enough screen time. Cringer had too much instead

I liked the conclusion, even when I feel Teela cheats scaping the bond with the Castle it was in line with Adam wanting to be himself and Lyn finding out that's what she wanted too.

Enviado desde mi SM-A705FN mediante Tapatalk

That ending means we're getting a sequel, right?

Court Magician

Definitely left open-ended with room for more, but no guarantees until another season is ordered. The ending leaves me extremely excited, though I wonder how much higher the stakes can get than what happened this season.

Lots of good stuff this part. Honestly really liked the series as a whole. And that twist midway through was surprising, and though the circumstances and what happened after were unfortunate for the character, given what they'd gone through it was somewhat understandable.

I am sad about some of the deaths though especially Fisto and Clamp Champ and found them needless (though heroic, in that without them the story ends right there and then, which makes me wonder why Skeletor never used that absurdly overpowered spell again). When Skeletor 'crushed' their souls, I expected that they were headed to Subternia, but they didn't come back with Scareglow and the Shadow Beasts and the rest, so I'm guessing they're just gone? Also Orko came back from Subternia? Kind of strange that he got stuck there, and I wonder why he'd come back in his new state, or why what happened to him at the end was a possibility (I'll leave it vague since not everyone in this thread has seen all the episodes).

Also a great and satisfying ending, for the heroes, I think, and an interesting end (beginning?) for the villains.

love Teela's Sorceress look - womanly enough for ya?

Also Dark-Lyn is amazing!