Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation - episode 09 [Official Talkback Thread] SPOILERS

He-Man historian

Masters of the Universe Revelation - episode 09 [Official Talkback Thread] SPOILERS

Official Talkback thread for episode 09 of Masters of the Universe Revelation

"HOPE, FOR A DESTINATION"

Written by: Tim Sheridan

Expect SPOILERS within this thread.

Additional He-Man.Org Rules and Guidelines for This Thread - Please Read!

There has been a lot of discussion on where specific topics to be discussed land within this thread. This forum is intended to be all-ages and more light-hearted in spirit and is not to be dragged down into the typical debates about sex, politics, race and religion we see online often leading to anger and hurt feelings. Those topics can still be discussed, however they will be discussed in the Tar Swamp where there is a more open, adult platform for those topics.
    To help keep the forums fun and friendly, the admins and moderators have conversed and decided guidelines on what can and can’t be discussed in this thread and what will be referred to the Tar Swamp.

What can be discussed:
    • The specific reasons why we enjoy the show
    • Constructive reasons why we dislike the show
    • Reasons why we like/enjoy specific characters
    • Constructive reasons why we dislike characters
    • Relationships between characters (all inclusive and diversity - heterosexual, homosexual, pan, etc.) that are clearly defined in the cartoon

Topics for the Tar Swamp:
    • Debates about sex, politics and religion
    • Debates about race (discussion on race swapping of characters is allowed, but must not be political in nature)
    • Debates about morality and any sexually related topic, or any politics associated with sexuality
    • Speculation about a character’s sexuality
    Last edited by Jukka; November 23, 2021 at 08:25am.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Heroic Warrior
    I just realised what the episode title is referencing.

Dear god.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    I just realised what the episode title is referencing.

Dear god.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

-I guess there is no mage who could teach Teela? I mean the Filmation show this was supposed to be a sequel to had a wizard in basically every bush... Now I bet you regret killing off Orko, Kevin.
    -Wait, WTF??? Is Randor out of his mind? Is Adam out of his mind, staying in one room with an unguarded, unshackled Skeletor??? The guy who killed him, twice??? I know he has every reason to help but even so, precautions are needed.
    -Why would Evil-Lyn want to end all existence? Last episode she destroyed Preternia as a means to make people live in the now, in the real world. Just because she once gazed into the universe, that means she is more nihilistic than Skeletor?
    -Seeing Buff Lynn still cracks me up. Cannot believe they really went with that design. Surely she would not be one to go with such a ridiculous anime outfit and would prefer magic to physical power. So what was that dream/vision, was the ram Skeletor and the snake King Hissss?
    -Man, Revelation Panthor is adorable in his little ram helmet. It's like he wanted to match Skeletor thematically. I really actually do hope we get a toy of this version down the line somewhere, looks good, silly helmet aside.
    -Halfway into this I was staring to remember - Hey, where ARE the other Evil Warriors? Is Tri-Klops and his little cult just gone and forgotten?
    -Never knew Spikor can shoot those spikes on his arm, I assumed that was a trident thing!
    -So that was their plan, pretend to talk to Evil-Lyn to distract her? And she just plays with them, same as Skeletor did. She just became another boring villain...
    -Defeating Webstor by cutting his grapnel line to make him fall... that has to be about as humiliating as it can get for a spider. He will go and cry about it to Lolth who got beaten in the D&D cartoon the same way...
    -Was that Blade? That was really out of nowhere, he was never seen before in the show. Looks quite different from the others, they could have made him look more cartoon-style.
    -Panthor!!! NOOOOOO!!! We barely knew ye. I mean, literally. Was he even in the show before?
    -LOL even the heroes know that Pigboy and Goat Man are really bottom of the barrel henchmen. Pigboy has the noisy cricket gun from MIB, though. Was that guy ever in the old show? Curious that out of all the enemies, Goat Man actually gets quite a few lines while more well known ones get nothing.
    -Teela is unsure of herself? For reals? I thought her greatest fear was that she is TOO awesome! :P Maybe Kevin wrote that scene in after reading all the criticism.
    -They did the "only one guy showed up as reinforcements" joke? Thundercats 2011 did that better. Nice to see the Andreenids and Avions at least, pity though they all have the same model - I guess that was the budget. I don't expect Buzz-Off and Stratos will even get named.
    -"What in the universe did Teela put in that message?" - my answer was an immediate "promise of booze!"
    -Waaaait, what? Zoar is a god now? And Sorceresses have to sacrifice their lives to become, I guess, pure magic and live without mortal attachments? I liked the 2002 explanation more where she simply had to safeguard the power, not be constrained to even give up her mortal existence - she could still leave sometimes, as we saw in the flashback episode.
    -Teela's reaction to making a selfless sacrifice is of course, as expected...
    -How the hell did Evil-Lyn, who figured out every champion needs a Sorceress to grant the power, not realize this is gonna happen? Why did she not make, I dunno, Beast-Man the Sorceress? He would have looked hilarious in a bird costume. But I think Beast-Dog or whatever he turned into, has to be the most ridiculous design yet this show has done. Is he gonna be called Beast Beast? Beast squared?
    -Could have done without Musclellyn's #MeToo speech to Skeletor. It was very on the nose, we already seen previously how he treated her, she should have proven herself to be the better woman and not just gone on to destroy the whole universe just to spite the man you hate. Because yeah, in true Kevin Smith fashion, all her thoughts are still around Skeletor, same as Harley, she is just doing this to get back at him. Not finally being free and doing what she wants, because apparently, she has no desires of her own...
    -Why do you bother to stop the attacking army? If you wipe out the universe, as you were starting to, they go with it.
    -Why would Scare Glow help "Dark-Lyn" (really? that's the best name you could come up with?) - if the universe gets destroyed so does he, and his kingdom... last we saw him he wanted more souls to feast on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I was blissfully unaware of this terrible thing until now... What the unholy hell was this?
    Guess it also confirms Kevin Smith was just trolling the whole fandom all this time, given these titles and the Fisto meme use... And I mean, this was supposed to be epic fantasy. Who gives the last episode a title like "Comes with everything you see here" which sounds more like an episode title for Transformers Animated about Swindle's latest yard sale.

Quote Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
    -I guess there is no mage who could teach Teela? I mean the Filmation show this was supposed to be a sequel to had a wizard in basically every bush... Now I bet you regret killing off Orko, Kevin.
    -Wait, WTF??? Is Randor out of his mind? Is Adam out of his mind, staying in one room with an unguarded, unshackled Skeletor??? The guy who killed him, twice??? I know he has every reason to help but even so, precautions are needed.
    -Why would Evil-Lyn want to end all existence? Last episode she destroyed Preternia as a means to make people live in the now, in the real world. Just because she once gazed into the universe, that means she is more nihilistic than Skeletor?
    -Seeing Buff Lynn still cracks me up. Cannot believe they really went with that design. Surely she would not be one to go with such a ridiculous anime outfit and would prefer magic to physical power. So what was that dream/vision, was the ram Skeletor and the snake King Hissss?
    -Man, Revelation Panthor is adorable in his little ram helmet. It's like he wanted to match Skeletor thematically. I really actually do hope we get a toy of this version down the line somewhere, looks good, silly helmet aside.
    -Halfway into this I was staring to remember - Hey, where ARE the other Evil Warriors? Is Tri-Klops and his little cult just gone and forgotten?
    -Never knew Spikor can shoot those spikes on his arm, I assumed that was a trident thing!
    -So that was their plan, pretend to talk to Evil-Lyn to distract her? And she just plays with them, same as Skeletor did. She just became another boring villain...
    -Defeating Webstor by cutting his grapnel line to make him fall... that has to be about as humiliating as it can get for a spider. He will go and cry about it to Lolth who got beaten in the D&D cartoon the same way...
    -Was that Blade? That was really out of nowhere, he was never seen before in the show. Looks quite different from the others, they could have made him look more cartoon-style.
    -Panthor!!! NOOOOOO!!! We barely knew ye. I mean, literally. Was he even in the show before?
    -LOL even the heroes know that Pigboy and Goat Man are really bottom of the barrel henchmen. Pigboy has the noisy cricket gun from MIB, though. Was that guy ever in the old show? Curious that out of all the enemies, Goat Man actually gets quite a few lines while more well known ones get nothing.
    -Teela is unsure of herself? For reals? I thought her greatest fear was that she is TOO awesome! :P Maybe Kevin wrote that scene in after reading all the criticism.
    -They did the "only one guy showed up as reinforcements" joke? Thundercats 2011 did that better. Nice to see the Andreenids and Avions at least, pity though they all have the same model - I guess that was the budget. I don't expect Buzz-Off and Stratos will even get named.
    -"What in the universe did Teela put in that message?" - my answer was an immediate "promise of booze!"
    -Waaaait, what? Zoar is a god now? And Sorceresses have to sacrifice their lives to become, I guess, pure magic and live without mortal attachments? I liked the 2002 explanation more where she simply had to safeguard the power, not be constrained to even give up her mortal existence - she could still leave sometimes, as we saw in the flashback episode.
    -Teela's reaction to making a selfless sacrifice is of course, as expected...
    -How the hell did Evil-Lyn, who figured out every champion needs a Sorceress to grant the power, not realize this is gonna happen? Why did she not make, I dunno, Beast-Man the Sorceress? He would have looked hilarious in a bird costume. But I think Beast-Dog or whatever he turned into, has to be the most ridiculous design yet this show has done. Is he gonna be called Beast Beast? Beast squared?
    -Could have done without Musclellyn's #MeToo speech to Skeletor. It was very on the nose, we already seen previously how he treated her, she should have proven herself to be the better woman and not just gone on to destroy the whole universe just to spite the man you hate. Because yeah, in true Kevin Smith fashion, all her thoughts are still around Skeletor, same as Harley, she is just doing this to get back at him. Not finally being free and doing what she wants, because apparently, she has no desires of her own...
    -Why do you bother to stop the attacking army? If you wipe out the universe, as you were starting to, they go with it.
    -Why would Scare Glow help "Dark-Lyn" (really? that's the best name you could come up with?) - if the universe gets destroyed so does he, and his kingdom... last we saw him he wanted more souls to feast on.

I was blissfully unaware of this terrible thing until now... What the unholy hell was this?
    Guess it also confirms Kevin Smith was just trolling the whole fandom all this time, given these titles and the Fisto meme use... And I mean, this was supposed to be epic fantasy. Who gives the last episode a title like "Comes with everything you see here" which sounds more like an episode title for Transformers Animated about Swindle's latest yard sale.
    All of your points are valid, EvilLyn is now guilty of some of the worst crimes in all of fiction, yet she gets redeemed and walks away while preternia and it's dead are all wiped out? b^+%&*$+=!

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldfan87 View Post
    All of your points are valid, EvilLyn is now guilty of some of the worst crimes in all of fiction, yet she gets redeemed and walks away while preternia and it's dead are all wiped out? b^+%&*$+=!
    Actually, none of them are. Let us take a look at just one, shall we?

"Is Adam out of his mind, staying in one room with an unguarded, unshackled Skeletor??? The guy who killed him, twice???"

Adam only died once, and even then, Skeletor did not kill him. Adam through himself on the metaphorical grenade by calling down the Power. The second time, he was only wounded, not killed. This is why no one takes any of these complaints seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Actually, none of them are. Let us take a look at just one, shall we?

"Is Adam out of his mind, staying in one room with an unguarded, unshackled Skeletor??? The guy who killed him, twice???"

Adam only died once, and even then, Skeletor did not kill him. Adam through himself on the metaphorical grenade by calling down the Power. The second time, he was only wounded, not killed. This is why no one takes any of these complaints seriously.
    You are correct, Adam_Prince of Eternia. I suppose I just let my disappointment at the show cloud my judgement there. I'll just accept this show is not meant for me, and stick to other motu media I actually enjoy.

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
    The silly helmet is a new creation in the "Classics" toy. They used it here as well. So technically a Panthor toy with helmet already exists. But if they make a Masterverse version, it would be awesome.

LOL even the heroes know that Pigboy and Goat Man are really bottom of the barrel henchmen. Pigboy has the noisy cricket gun from MIB, though. Was that guy ever in the old show?
    He was only in the 1987 live-action movie.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    There ought to be a mandate that every potential season of Revelation should come with an episode title that references a lyric from the song.

old gods

the whole thing with the goat, snake and falcon in the classics context. Its the old gods of Zoar, Serpos, and Bashor. I feel somewhere in there they should have had Horredous (bat ) and Saz (feline), but it is what it is.

Was that meant to be Ungol, as the first sorceress, in that scene, foreshadowing, the snakemen?

Great seeing Blade in his first animated appearance even though the fights scenes were way too quick

Did love Skeletor's reaction to Adam's "plan."
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    the whole thing with the goat, snake and falcon in the classics context. Its the old gods of Zoar, Serpos, and Bashor. I feel somewhere in there they should have had Horredous (bat ) and Saz (feline), but it is what it is.
    https://www.he-man.org/assets/images...ne-01_full.jpg
    https://www.he-man.org/assets/images...ar-01_full.jpg
    https://www.he-man.org/assets/images...me-01_full.jpg
    https://www.he-man.org/assets/images...az-01_full.jpg
    https://www.he-man.org/assets/images...ka-01_full.jpg

Was that meant to be Ungol, as the first sorceress, in that scene, foreshadowing, the snakemen?

Great seeing Blade in his first animated appearance even though the fights scenes were way too quick
    Thanks for posting this facet!
    ~ CALL YOUR CHAMPION ~