Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Netflix He-Man & the Masters of the Universe Season #1 Talkback Thread *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    None that I would call decent...

All the more reason for Dark Horse to release a Making of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe 2021 Art Book!!
    I absolutely agree with you and would love this book too!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by King Tycho View Post
    My daughter and I loved this show! Does anyone know where I can find some decent screenshots of Grayskull and Snake Mountain? The designs they used for this show were amazing!
    Don't know about Grayskull, but someone posted the segment where Skeletor summons the Dark Masters and there's a pretty good shot of Snake Mountain in the background when he does so.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

So, another thing that I keep forgetting to mention - that I absolutely love - is the splash image that each episode ends with!

These appear to be done by different artists... I believe episode 4 features Jeff Matsuda's artwork!

Again... we need an Art Book for this show!!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    So, another thing that I keep forgetting to mention - that I absolutely love - is the splash image that each episode ends with!

These appear to be done by different artists... I believe episode 4 features Jeff Matsuda's artwork!

Again... we need an Art Book for this show!!!
    I second this. Those images are killer.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    So far, I've also seen only two episodes. I would only be able to see the others later.

The story is pretty interesting. I've liked the characters a lot.

Although it seems the staff revealed information from the last episodes in the comic-con.

However, Randor only mentioned that his son and his brother died for the sword. So, maybe Marlena was absent for other reason.
    Maybe she is away trying to find a certain princess who also got kidnapped by Keldor.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadobr View Post
    Maybe she is away trying to find a certain princess who also got kidnapped by Keldor.
    Or kidnapped by Light Hope.

Widget
    Don't know if anyone's posted this notion yet (I'm new to the forums and the thread is long), but who thinks there's a possibility that somewhere down the line, Ork-0 might get upgraded to Robot-0?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadobr View Post
    Doubtful. You may get Easter eggs but the rights to She-Ra are with Dreamworks and they’re shopping them to Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RichardT1977 View Post
    Don't know if anyone's posted this notion yet (I'm new to the forums and the thread is long), but who thinks there's a possibility that somewhere down the line, Ork-0 might get upgraded to Robot-0?
    Well , the new Orko is a Robot in that children's show. He can be your Orboto. (TM) lol

I’m thinking either Grayskull goes to Etheria or travels back in time to the snakemen (maybe OG Orko would be there too). But the sorceress said a ‘New Adventure’ so maybe the future? Argh, can’t wait to see more episodes!
    Last edited by Fandabidozi; October 22, 2021 at 06:20pm.
    ORIGINS Wishlist: Bow & Kowl, Shadow Weaver, Catra, Swift Wind, Cringer, Kobra Khan, Slime Pit He-Man, Talon Fighter & Point Dread, and Snake Mountain.

Court Magician
    I went in to this fully expecting to hate it, and now I'm having to eat my words. Biggest surprise was how time- and labor-intensive the animation looks. I'll always be a hand-drawn stan, but seeing how expensive this show appears to be, I really hope we get lots more of it.

A few of the biggest disappointments in my fandom life were both 200X and Thundercats 2010 being discontinued because of low toy sales. I hope this does enough "business" (whatever that means these days, views? Metrics>) through Netflix to be continued.

So... based on the list of toys, it looks like season two will brings us Man-E-Faces and Stratos for the good guys, and Tri-klops and Mosquitor for Skeletor's forces. Anyone wonder how the show will handle them?

All I would say, is don't imagine them to look how you think they would look. I can imagine that with Mosquitor, especially, they had a lot of fun designing him/her.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfan87 View Post
    So... based on the list of toys, it looks like season two will brings us Man-E-Faces and Stratos for the good guys, and Tri-klops and Mosquitor for Skeletor's forces. Anyone wonder how the show will handle them?
    Jeff Matsuda has never let me down before... he redesigned Batman's entire rogues gallery, and they turned out stellar.

I can't wait to see what he does with Mosquitor!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldfan87 View Post
    Where is the list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Parzival View Post
    Where is the list?
    Here in the CGI MOTU Toy thread.
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    Man, I just read all the comments. Unreal that everyone is really enjoying this. Is it possible we all finally agree on something???

No not all. I dislike it immensely and much prefer Revolution which I feel furthers the story of Filmation.
    Obey the whip! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ak...smiley-039.gif

Smile like you mean it.

Heroic Warrior
    Kevin Smith's opinions on the CG show and why he believes it took less flack than Revelation:

In addition to your show, Netflix also had the CG He-Man and the Masters of the Universe debut this year, which was a very different, kid-friendly take that made drastic changes to some of the characters. With that show, you got to sit back and watch someone else play in the sandbox. What was your opinion on their changes to the mythology?

Smith: Their trailer came out after people saw what we did with Masters of the Universe: Revelation. When I first saw it, all I could think was, "These poor sons of *****es." If they went after us, what are they going to do to these cats? The point of their show is, "We all have the power." And I was like, "If we got called up on the carpet, what's going to happen to them?" Nothing happened to them. And people were like, "It's a kid's show. There's a difference. That show is for kids. Revelation was for adults!" They were mad at us because we maintained that we were sequel to the original series.

Whereas He-Man and the Masters of the Universe is what they all give a pass as like, "Well, that's a kid show, and they're allowed to be creative, and they're allowed to reinvent it. But you had the responsibility to make sure the story we grew up watching was served and we didn't think you did it in some cases." So I thought those cats were going to get crucified and I felt so bad because I think the show is beautiful. I think the message is great. I was so jealous, I was like, "Wait a second. Their whole message is ‘We all have the power’? Why didn't we do that? That's great!” And they asked me to be involved, I'm a voice on the show.

I think it's more important that He-Man and the Masters of the Universe was embraced because that's the future of the franchise. Whereas we're still telling stories from the past, which don't get me wrong, that's fun to do, but if Masters hopes to continue on into the 21st century, I think it's going to be He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. The CG cartoon will have to be the standard bearer.
    https://www.thrillist.com/entertainm...rt-2-interview

He's not wrong. At the same time, it is pretty apparent that less people watched the CGI show.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    He's not wrong. At the same time, it is pretty apparent that less people watched the CGI show.
    Are less people watching? Or does it just appear that way because there isn't much controversy fueled conversation around it to keep it in the forefront of every MOTU fan's social feed? Or is the controversy actually a good promotion tool ("all press is good press") and less people are watching the CGI show because it is simply really "good?"

So many possibilities. I really hope this show can survive long enough to find its audience and thrive. Hopefully this won't be another 200X where it's merits are found and appreciated long after it's canceled.
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow