Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Netflix He-Man & the Masters of the Universe Season #1 Talkback Thread *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by crimhead View Post
    I struggle to imagine what people expected from a grittier, darker, sequel. The two or three retcons do not warrant nor explain such fierce disappointment.
    I think a lot of people expected He-Man to actually be in the show.

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    To me at least, I find that is one of the most ridiculous complaints about Revelation. People forget beyond He-Man's appearances in Revelation there was a lot of discussion in the show about He-Man after his death, plus there was flashback He-Man, fear He-Man, Savage He-Man, and we get a ton of Adam which (gasp) Adam and He-Man are the same person!
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Podcast
    Masters of the Universe Podcast

ForEternia.com
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation Fan Site

- - - - -

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    Which episode did not have He-Man?
    Totally Jazzed for C'MONs Clash For Eternia!

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    It's long-form storytelling. It's like complaining a single He-Man form wasn't in every chapter of the book.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    Bit of a silly notion to hope something doesn't succeed just because it does something a bit bolder and different with a franchise badly in need of reinvention don't you think?
    I never said I hope this show doesn't succeed. Not once. I said I had some fun with the CG show. I've been consistent. I watched the entire thing on Netflix which equates to supporting the show. And I'll watch Season 2 and 3. I'm not whining and moaning about the show regarding its massive changes (opposite to what was happened with Revelation's minor changes.) I'm not complaining in threads repeatedly saying I didn't like this or didn't like that which could spoil other's enjoyment. But as a motu fan, I hope it doesn't represent the future model of the motu franchise going forward, that's all, just like I felt about New Adventures. There's nothing wrong with that. Doesn't mean this show can't exist. I'm glad it does.
    Last edited by Voodoo Magic; January 18, 2022 at 11:36am.
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Podcast
    Masters of the Universe Podcast

ForEternia.com
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation Fan Site

- - - - -

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    I never said I hope this show doesn't succeed. Not once. I said I had some fun with the CG show...
    ...I'm not complaining in threads repeatedly saying I didn't like this or didn't like that which could spoil other's enjoyment. But as a motu fan, I hope it doesn't represent the future model of the motu franchise going forward, that's all, just like I felt about New Adventures. There's nothing wrong with that. Doesn't mean this show can't exist. I'm glad it does.
    This. I enjoy the Star Wars Lego animations, but I don't want them to carry the brand! And for the record I am giving the He-Man show another shot, and warming up to it somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    I'm not whining and moaning about the show regarding its massive changes (opposite to what was happened with Revelation's minor changes.)
    OMG, IKR?

I don't believe for a second those minor changes really bother anyone. They hate it for other reasons, and are grasping for "legitimate" complaints.
    Totally Jazzed for C'MONs Clash For Eternia!