Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix He-Man & the Masters of the Universe Season #1 Talkback Thread *SPOILERS*

Two episodes away from the season finale, and I gotta say...

I'm loving this.

The character design for He-Man and the Sword of Power still rankles me, but it's something I can live with. The story is entertaining, the characters are fun, the backgrounds look beautiful. I even like the characters getting super moves. The stock animation can get annoying, but again it's nothing I can't handle.

I was afraid they'd mess up Orko when he showed up. It does seem kind of mean the old Sorceress claiming then original Orko didn't have heart, but since we haven't met him we'll see what we see. Randor wanting Adam back but refusing to let him keep the Power was a nice twist. Keeps it from resolving the issue too quickly, especially since Randor isn't the great King he thinks he is.

It does seem odd that of all the characters, it's Ram-Man who gets a reimagining here. But I'm all for Ram Ma'am.

And I can't be the only one who finds this Skeletor funny.

And Modulok being a sport.��

PS: They called Snake Mountain The Fright Zone. Could there be any chance for the Snakemen or the Horde to show up?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlexApprobation View Post
    Finished all 10 episodes... wow, that was wonderful! That's one hell of a cliffhanger. I wonder if this is really the last episode of the season or if the first 10 are just the first half?

I was VERY surprised at the Adam and Randor episode. I expected they were going to hold that until later, but I was pleasantly surprised they got it out of the way and still threw in complications for their further relationship.

We spend so much time with the Evil Masters in their regular forms that I was kinda let down by the transformation of Evil Lyn and Trap-Jaw. I really, REALLY liked Beast Man in both forms. It might have helped that he was introduced later in the season... although I also just really like both of the designs and how the character was utilized in both forms.

I also have to add that the Episode 9 Evil Masters transformations might be a bit scary for some younger viewers.

The demon Havoc dogs are called "Battle Bones?" Interesting. In a way I'm disappointed we won't get a huge one like the other versions. But these are really cool. I expected them to be the new Skelecons.

Besides that one episode, Ork-O isn't so bad. I'm relieved I don't have to go back to hating this character again!

I forgot to mention how much I like Teela's floating radio headdress. Although she's more comfortable with magic, she isn't a technophobe. She's down to use natural and learned abilities to get the job done for the greater good.

I really liked how they used the sorceress totems from the DC Multiverse comics - Teela embraces Zoar and Lyn embraces Horokoth. Next season we need someone to embrace Serpos!

And seriously... somebody get Skeletor a Battle Cat (Panthor) for his birthday!!!!!
    Honestly thought that was what they were doing with Battle Cat's shadow.
    Last edited by Asher Tye; September 16, 2021 at 08:35pm.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

I am honestly hoping he-man and ram maam become an item instead of teela, who knew?!

The demon Havoc dogs are called "Battle Bones?" Interesting. In a way I'm disappointed we won't get a huge one like the other versions. But these are really cool. I expected them to be the new Skelecons.
    there are giant skeletons laying around snake mountain so you never know.
    cogito ergo doleo

My daughters and I have watched the first three episodes so far and we are pretty indifferent.

Just watched the first episode, and I loved it! Very different, but kept a lot of core MOTU elements. Love the colors and the light effects, also loved that there is an entire tribe of green tigers!

Interesting how Krass (Ram-Mam) is playing the Teela role, and Teela is sort of playing the sorceress role. I love that Adam is actually capable in this one, and I also love how Cringer is very intelligent (sounds like Beast from the X-Men).

This is a great reboot all in all! I know I am not in the target demo, but I really like it! Hopefully it extends MOTU life with kids.

Also. Wow. They can power up whenever a master wants. Thatís pretty great.
    cogito ergo doleo

We were going to watch a few before bed and my 6 year old son wanted another and another until we really had to go to bed (school night and all) so needless to say it blew past our already high expectations. It is FUN. Different and familiar and just all around awesome. He loves it. Super stoked to get the toys for him as well. The age of skeletor line was perfect. Canít wait to watch the rest.
    12 Step Rebels-Erie Americana Punk Rock/Psychobilly
    https://music.apple.com/us/artist/12...ebels/28428100

Just watched the first 5. Itís really different and itís really good.
    Thanks for a wonderful Power-Con!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    I am honestly hoping he-man and ram maam become an item instead of teela, who knew?!
    They really ramped up that sort of mood between the two towards the end, I thought for sure they were going to kiss when trapped in the net arguing in episode seven.

At least we know their relationship will have some stumbling blocks (especially since Krass didn't want to save Randor herself), now that they're stuck wherever Grayskull is, they'll have to work on that a bit.

‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Why is no one speculating as to who is the father of Ram Ma'am? She said her helmet was originally his. And what is the significance of the gem embedded in the forehead? I think there is more going on here than we realize.

I was thinking maybe Krass' father was Ram Man.

I'm not sure how I feel about the Masters of the Universe elements, but just viewing it as a general sci-fi animated kids show, I've enjoyed the four episodes I've watched so far. My youngest kid seems to enjoy it a lot more than my oldest.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I've really enjoyed the first 4 episodes. The show feels fresh, current and fun. There are a few things which made me roll my eyes but its OK.

If you take the MOTU elements away this could just be any other fun kids show.

However, I do like the various MOTU elements blended in to make one new show.

I'll just treat it as another version of MOTU in the Masterverse.

I really hope it's a success for Mattel.
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Bang Your Head
    Had this show been called anything other than what it is, I don't think it would be held under a microscope and viewed the way it is by some of us.

I gave it a shot (till the opening) and called it a day. The animation is flawless, and I really liked the smoke effect after an explosion took place. Teela was the only character out of the ones introduced that could have been anyone else that wasn't an established character, and I probably would have stuck around a little longer. I think her being a magic wielder was what was throwing me off, along with not having anything of her core looks being present with her (Kronis, Lyn, He-Man/Adam, Randor... you can tell who they all are, but when it comes to Teela, you are almost left to ponder who she is).

Just from what I saw, it looks like they completely scrapped the sword and sorcery aesthetics that MOTU pretty much centered around.

Kronis/Trap Jaw... whatever they are calling him, and Evil-Lyn are the only characters I liked and seem like they are characters they got right. Kronis wasn't treated like a big dumb idiot (not that he ever was from the 200x show and Masters of Evil one shot comic)...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    I really liked the smoke effect after an explosion took place.

That is so Tex Avery, and the fact it's a recurring thing makes any scene with it an event to watch out for. I love it.

Bang Your Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    That is so Tex Avery, and the fact it's a recurring thing makes any scene with it an event to watch out for. I love it.
    I was referring to how the animation was done. It's not rendered like the rest of the show, and is more a flat cel shaded image...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    I was referring to how the animation was done. It's not rendered like the rest of the show, and is more a flat cel shaded image...
    I know, just showing my appreciation for it.

Much to my surprise my wife and I ended up talking about the show for like 30 minutes in bed. She really liked it and seeing her genuinely excited about MotU was awesome. It's pretty funny how both of us ended up liking the show that was meant for kids more than the one meant for adults.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    Much to my surprise my wife and I ended up talking about the show for like 30 minutes in bed. She really liked it and seeing her genuinely excited about MotU was awesome. It's pretty funny how both of us ended up liking the show that was meant for kids more than the one meant for adults.
    That seems to be a common opinion. Itís funnier than it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    Honestly thought that was what they were doing with Battle Cat's shadow.
    I was hoping this was the case, but it seems he was obliterated in the energy stream. Maybe he'll return in season 2... tons of others went in that same energy stream and survived.

I would be down with either pairing. Both would work well.

there are giant skeletons laying around snake mountain so you never know.
    Very true!!!!!!

Also. Wow. They can power up whenever a master wants. Thatís pretty great.
    I also really liked this!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Why is no one speculating as to who is the father of Ram Ma'am? She said her helmet was originally his. And what is the significance of the gem embedded in the forehead? I think there is more going on here than we realize.
    I'm still guessing someone from the Etheria side of things. Each kingdom's royal family had a gem... maybe this is hers?

My secondary theory was maybe she's a part of Stondar and Rokkon's people? Gem/rocks... but this theory is really grasping at straws.
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I was thinking maybe Krass' father was Ram Man.

I'm not sure how I feel about the Masters of the Universe elements, but just viewing it as a general sci-fi animated kids show, I've enjoyed the four episodes I've watched so far. My youngest kid seems to enjoy it a lot more than my oldest.
    I am leaning Ram Man too. I think maybe he was a part of Red Squadron. But it does not explain the gem.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm still guessing someone from the Etheria side of things. Each kingdom's royal family had a gem... maybe this is hers?

My secondary theory was maybe she's a part of Stondar and Rokkon's people? Gem/rocks... but this theory is really grasping at straws.
    I do not think this series is related to She-Ra and the Princesses of Power.

Very cool, watched the season twice now.
    Love Cringer in this with his almost Liam Neeson voice and his taking up the Man At Arms fatherly/wise role.
    Transformations are great, stand out was Beastman's it was like some scene from an 80s body horror.

Was wondering about those odd black and white stills at the end of every episode with 3 squares.
    Paused at the end of episode 4 and figured out they relate to the following episodes. So episode 4 squares where:

1. No toilet
    2. Havok creature with full tummy after capturing the general.
    3. Trapjaw disguises himself as the general.

Lots of nods and easter eggs. Dawned on me that the pack of tigers seems to be a nod to the box art on the original He-Man + Battle Cat figure set.
    Figures coming out are not for me but I did see a slide on a Power Con video that shows a Masterverse box with the new show logo on it, could be cool.
    In the name of robotics, automation and the Holy sprocket!

yeah, I was wondering about the gem and her parents as well. Perhaps they are from Etheria?

I am also wondering what happened to queen marlena. Is she dead or missing?

In the royal family portrait there is a spot next to adam where adora could have sat and the queen looked really sad.

Perhaps, because adam has amnesia so doesn't remember his sister, and randor wouldn't have mentioned her at all when he was reunited with adam. I am just saying is there is wiggle room to add her. Instead of a spell to makepeople forget her, here it is just that adam forgot her and it is too painful for other to mention right now and since we are seeing this more so from his point of view, would have no reason yet for someone to mention it
    Last edited by King Kahn; September 17, 2021 at 07:16pm.
    cogito ergo doleo

Widget
    Perhaps, because adam has amnesia so doesn't remember his sister, and randor wouldn't have mentioned her at all when he was reunited with adam. I am just saying is there is wiggle room to add her. Instead of a spell to makepeople forget her, here it is just that adam forgot her and it is too painful for other to mention right now and since we are seeing this more so from his point of view, would have no reason yet for someone to mention it
    Well, I remember Randor mentioned Adam was his only son.

That said, Adora would be his daughter, so maybe they aren't totally closing off the possibility.

Co-Creator of the NV
    She presumably rammed something with a gem and was never able to get it back out.

That's why it's important to wear the helmet

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Well, I remember Randor mentioned Adam was his only son.

That said, Adora would be his daughter, so maybe they aren't totally closing off the possibility.
    We don't see she in the portrait although she was captured as a baby although didn't they call snake mountain(or the area it was located the fright zone)?
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

yeah, I was wondering about the gem and her parents as well. Perhaps they are from Etheria?

I am also wondering what happened to queen marlena. Is she dead or missing?

In the royal family portrait there is a spot next to adam where adora could have sat and the queen looked really sad.

I think the empty seat next to Adam is deliberate to imply Adora as well. We have not seen Marlena so far, but that does not necessarily mean she is absent. She may show up in season two.