Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix He-Man & the Masters of the Universe Season #1 Talkback Thread *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    yeah, I was wondering about the gem and her parents as well. Perhaps they are from Etheria?

I am also wondering what happened to queen marlena. Is she dead or missing?

In the royal family portrait there is a spot next to adam where adora could have sat and the queen looked really sad.

Perhaps, because adam has amnesia so doesn't remember his sister, and randor wouldn't have mentioned her at all when he was reunited with adam. I am just saying is there is wiggle room to add her. Instead of a spell to makepeople forget her, here it is just that adam forgot her and it is too painful for other to mention right now and since we are seeing this more so from his point of view, would have no reason yet for someone to mention it
    I could be wrong here , but I think people hoping for She-Ra in this are grasping at straws. I really believe She-ra, ethieira and the princesses of power are all tied up over in the Live action she-ra reboot/at dream works right now (at least for tv shows and movies, not figures or comics). Hopefully we might see the horde, though.
    Last edited by Oldfan87; September 18, 2021 at 12:19am.

My daughters and I finished it tonight. Very fun and entertaining. The story and animation were both top notch. Interested to see how they incorporate other heroes & villains.
    Thanks for a wonderful Power-Con!

‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldfan87 View Post
    I could be wrong here , but I think people hoping for She-Ra in this are grasping at straws. I really believe She-ra, ethieira and the princesses of power are all tied up over in the Live action she-ra reboot/at dream works right now (at least for tv shows and movies, not figures or comics). Hopefully we might see the horde, though.
    Those things are not mutually-exclusive. If there can be two Masters of the Universe series on Netflix and a live action film in development at Sony, then a live action Princess of Power can be in development at Amazon, and still appear in animation on He-Man and/or Revelation.

Okay finally finished the first 10 episodes. Gotta say this right off the bat, there is a lot to love in this new series.

The production values are incredible the blend of 2D and 3D are stunning. It really helps put the emphasis on what the scenes using it are trying to convey, whether it's simple smoke or electrical blasts it really helps you feel the impact or power being used.

Skeletor.. He's just so awesome that it's easy to forgive his mouth. Keldor has never been better, his not being gar is and using that story line is Forgivable because he seems to be evil just for the sake of being evil. I'm sure there's a TON of back story between Keldor and Randor possibly why Marlena is "missing" and Adoras seat in the portrait is empty. Maybe the "uprising" in the beginning was the Horde taking Adora AND Marlena....

Evil Lyn is great no complaints nice redesign. Kronis is meh I'm glad he Trap Jaw now... The Duncan tie in is weak But then again so is Duncan, really not feeling MAA yet,comic relief at best so far...

Beast man, first off I HATE QRAZZ or whoever ( although I appreciate the learning how to pronounce his name properly) Just leave him as Beast man who happens to be a poacher with a mind controlling whip.
    Cringer is Awesome and on par with Revelations Cringer as far as voice acting and character Battle Cat's a little too busy in the design department

Ork-o is... Confusing . I Love the Design. His back story intrigues me the most out of all the characters in the show. Is he the Memories of the Orko we know and love does that mean we are in Eternias future? Is it some sort of Multiverse thing where he just knows of Orko?

Ram Ma'am - 1st off I LOVE the new power set on her. The rolling ball thing is great as well as the slingshot. I hate the powered up helmet, it sucks . I can't see here as Ram Mans daughter as the puts the cooler Orko from Ancient times out the window.

Teela the thing of such hate on Revelations that I feel like I'm the only who likes her ( It would be loves but her voice
    acting by Sarah Michelle Gellar is spotty at best) here she's just, ok I love all the powers she uses but her design is just ok... the space wings are sweet but besides the slight Easter egg of the vintage sorceress design on the glass of her helmet... Bland, maybe she'll grow on me.

Now that being said about characters there's the show in general. I know that this is a kids show and there's been a few generations since my opinion truly qualified for this but.. Do kids really need all the repetition? Is it something they find comforting ? Ten episodes in and I'm done with the four minutes of powering up every episode. Lighting strike! Again? It takes twenty seconds to charge up. Just move 4 feet to the left already.. the " comedy" too is sometimes " weak"

Here's hoping the kids like it as much as I do, otherwise....
    My daughter was stoked by the trailers but lost interest after one episode....

Iím 4 episodes in and as a complete reimagining itís actually pretty good so far.

So much better than Revelation in virtually every way, story, acting, humour, characterisation.

It even captured my 4 yr olds attention for the first 2 episodes (he made us watch the first one twice)

The thing I probably didnít like the most was cringer being the old wise mentor, why was his name even cringer if he was already brave?

200x and mini comics will still be ďmyĒ MotU but Iím pleasantly surprised.

Heroic Warrior
    So good. My wife came home and said ďthatís not He-manĒ and appalled by the theme song but by the third episode she was enjoying it and by the fifth singing the theme song. Then played it in the car while we were running errands and hopes to find it on Beat Saber at some point. I donít like the song but the series is amazing. Itís very much He-man right down to living in the jungle and getting his stuff from a Sorceress/Goddess after rescuing her. Itís just amazing. Gimme season 2 tomorrow. A notch above Revelation and better than 200x.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have completed watching all 10 episodes of this new version of He-Man and the MOTU 2021.
    I was extremely skeptical initially due to the toy image leaks and the way the characters are aged down.
    But after watching it all and internally processing, I am now growing to like this show, and is now among my favourites alongside the MYP 200x series and the classic Filmation one
    (and putting Revelation to last place in terms of MOTU cartoon ranking).

So I didn't think I would like this show when it was first teased but the trailer got me interested. I am up to episode 6 and I am actually really enjoying it. It's a very interesting and different take to the He-Man story which I don't mind. I still love Revelation though and think that is far better for an original fan and for adults of the original story but this CGI show is a cool new take that is fun for kids and adults.
    I Would love to see She-Ra in this but if I had to choose id prefer to see her in Revelation just being a bad ass warrior.
    Xena Warrior Princess & She-Ra Fan from Down Under

I think we are 5 episodes in now. Thank God for the skip intro button. I almost think Iím losing interest. We will see if the back half helps.

Seen the first episode.

It has tremendous potential, though I'm not very big on characters changing so much (in terms of design and personality) to the point they're literally unrecognizable.

It seems like a very good show for kids to fall in love with the MotU universe, but I can't help but feel certain characters are identical to the old ones in name only (Teela being the worst offender thus far, followed by Cringer). Ironically, Crush is the only character so far who seems to have the most similarities with the old Ram Man, followed by Evelyn.

Going back to watch the next episode.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Xena-She-Ra View Post
    I still love Revelation though and think that is far better for an original fan and for adults of the original story
    Revelation is nothing like the original story. It's easier to tolerate when you realize that. This show? Way better than it despite being so different.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    Revelation is nothing like the original story. It's easier to tolerate when you realize that. This show? Way better than it despite being so different.
    Revelation is the closest to the mini-comics weíve ever had. Itís the closest to pre-Filmation even.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Those things are not mutually-exclusive. If there can be two Masters of the Universe series on Netflix and a live action film in development at Sony, then a live action Princess of Power can be in development at Amazon, and still appear in animation on He-Man and/or Revelation.
    Perhaps so, but I honestly and truthfully hope she doesn't appear. This show takes a slow-burn approach to the mythos- carefully introducing and developing each character, instead of just dumping them on us with only a little backstory or fleshing out. We just got the full version of Beastman, Evil-lyn, and Trap Jaw, and people are already clamoring for She-ra, a character with her own franchise? What about Triklops or Merman first, or Stratos or Meckaneck or man-e-faces? we've barely explored eternia outside of the city of eternos, the jungle, castle greyskull, snake mountain, and the tiger tribe village. do we really have to bring etheria and it's plethora of characters right now? I personally hope not. I understand and respect other people wanting her, but I say give us toy, minicomic, and previous show characters and settings for MOTU/Eternia into this reboot, before jumping into PoP territory, which is already being explored elsewhere.
    Last edited by Oldfan87; September 18, 2021 at 10:16am.

Heroic Warrior
    This is true, DC has no fewer than three live action Superman projects both ongoing and in the pipeline (Superman and Lois, the Superman movie and the HBO Max Val-Zod series). I imagine a lot of it depends on the relationship between Dreamworks and Mattel, and more importantly, what kind of She Ra show theyíre making for Amazon. If itís something that has nothing in common with SPOP (She-Ra, Warrior Princess, anyone?) I could see Mattel being a bit more cooperative.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    Revelation IS mostly like the original show just more mature ( somewhat ) and WAY better written. This new one is aimed at children and it shows a lot of the time painfully so. It is fun though...

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    Iím 4 episodes in and as a complete reimagining itís actually pretty good so far.

So much better than Revelation in virtually every way, story, acting, humour, characterisation.

It even captured my 4 yr olds attention for the first 2 episodes (he made us watch the first one twice)

The thing I probably didnít like the most was cringer being the old wise mentor, why was his name even cringer if he was already brave?

200x and mini comics will still be ďmyĒ MotU but Iím pleasantly surprised.
    They explain that in a later episode so I don't want to spoil it for you.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Perhaps so, but I honestly and truthfully hope she doesn't appear. This show takes a slow-burn approach to the mythos- carefully introducing and developing each character, instead of just dumping them on us with only a little backstory or fleshing out. We just got the full version of Beastman, Evil-lyn, and Trap Jaw, and people are already clamoring for She-ra, a character with her own franchise? What about Triklops or Merman first, or Stratos or Meckaneck or man-e-faces? we've barely explored eternia outside of the city of eternos, the jungle, castle greyskull, snake mountain, and the tiger tribe village. do we really have to bring etheria and it's plethora of characters right now? I personally hope not. I understand and respect other people wanting her, but I say give us toy, minicomic, and previous show characters and settings for MOTU/Eternia into this reboot, before jumping into PoP territory, which is already being explored elsewhere.
    The season ended with

Castle Grayskull being transported away, and telegraphing New Adventures,
    so this seems like a moot point.

I love the castle being almost a portal feel to space and time! My big beef with the Kevin smith show was demoting the castle to a hologram. I love that Duncan wondered if it was a spaceshipÖman I see where this could go.

I said in the other thread as well. I had to search for this on Netflix. It was not front and center. This show had my 7 year old jumping up and down and my wife and I on the edge of our seats. I hope this gets the views, I think if people watch, they will be hooked.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

The season ended with so this seems like a moot point.
    Is it, though?

We don't know where the castle teleported I doubt it even left eternia. The last time elderess teleported it, to make sure Keldor didn't find it again, it just moved to another location on eternia. She had no control where it would end up this time, but I think It'll just go to another region on eternia. Just because she said 'a new adventure begins' does not telegraph we are headed to Primus.
    Last edited by Oldfan87; September 18, 2021 at 01:53pm.

Watched the first episode. It's honestly SHOCKING that so far it was better than Revelations. That isn't to say it's amazing or anything. But at least the first episode wasn't a dumpster fire like the other show was. The old, change characters just because is really sad and old. Imagine being the one person in the room proud that you decided to gender swap or race swap a character. Like that's what you brought to the table was taking someone else's character idea and thinking that, nah, I'm smarter and better than that person and changing their work. Just create a new character. People won't mind. If this fandom has taught me anything, it's that people WANT new characters. When people start wanting the idiot tugging on a rope wearing a yellow tunic to be made, maybe it's time to add new characters and not change existing ones. Just a thought.

I do like how Adam was portrayed in this one so far. Not a fan of Teelas design at all. Playing into the Sorceress is her mother in the series (if that's where it goes) would be nice however.

Man, I just read all the comments. Unreal that everyone is really enjoying this. Is it possible we all finally agree on something???
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    Man, I just read all the comments. Unreal that everyone is really enjoying this. Is it possible we all finally agree on something???
    This show is awesome, on that most of us can agree!

I do not think this series is related to She-Ra and the Princesses of Power.
    I'm sure it's a possibility that they're leaving the door open for at a later date. They're fans like we are and regret the business move to split up the franchises. If they can find a way to unify them again through narrative, they will. If they can't for legal or licensing reasons, I'm sure they have backup plans to go in a MOTU only direction.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post

In the royal family portrait there is a spot next to adam where adora could have sat and the queen looked really sad.

Perhaps, because adam has amnesia so doesn't remember his sister, and randor wouldn't have mentioned her at all when he was reunited with adam. I am just saying is there is wiggle room to add her. Instead of a spell to makepeople forget her, here it is just that adam forgot her and it is too painful for other to mention right now and since we are seeing this more so from his point of view, would have no reason yet for someone to mention it
    Good catch on the empty space in the portrait. I also think that empty spot is where Adora was.

For the rest, I think it's simply the usual thing... a spell that makes everyone forget Adora existed. Although that spell doesn't always work well on Marlena, so maybe she's off searching. She probably doesn't know who or what she's searching for, but the drive and need are there. Perhaps Randor knows her whereabouts and personal mission which is why he isn't lamenting her loss like with Adam and Keldor.

I love the slow-burn storytelling the show has and hope that continues. But in that storytelling you are able to sprinkle in hints to things you're going to pay off later. I don't think many of us are expecting a potential SPOP crossover to happen in season 2 or 3. But certain names will be dropped... certain locations will be seen... continuously building naturally and organically. I personally hope this show makes it to season 5 before any potential crossover happens. That's ample time to introduce other major MOTU characters and Eternia locations. But yeah, there a lot of similarities between the shows and it would be super easy to connect their stories naturally.
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

Quote Originally Posted by AlexApprobation View Post
    I'm sure it's a possibility that they're leaving the door open for at a later date. They're fans like we are and regret the business move to split up the franchises. If they can find a way to unify them again through narrative, they will. If they can't for legal or licensing reasons, I'm sure they have backup plans to go in a MOTU only direction.

Good catch on the empty space in the portrait. I also think that empty spot is where Adora was.

For the rest, I think it's simply the usual thing... a spell that makes everyone forget Adora existed. Although that spell doesn't always work well on Marlena, so maybe she's off searching. She probably doesn't know who or what she's searching for, but the drive and need are there. Perhaps Randor knows her whereabouts and personal mission which is why he isn't lamenting her loss like with Adam and Keldor.

I love the slow-burn storytelling the show has and hope that continues. But in that storytelling you are able to sprinkle in hints to things you're going to pay off later. I don't think many of us are expecting a potential SPOP crossover to happen in season 2 or 3. But certain names will be dropped... certain locations will be seen... continuously building naturally and organically. I personally hope this show makes it to season 5 before any potential crossover happens. That's ample time to introduce other major MOTU characters and Eternia locations. But yeah, there a lot of similarities between the shows and it would be super easy to connect their stories naturally.
    I wouldn't be upset at seeing She-ra and ethieria turning up in a few seasons. But I think it will be this show's own version of She-ra, not the previous one seen on the netflix series. There are legal issues there, and it would limit this series's writers creativity (being bound to that show's version of hordak and the horde, instead of making their own).

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    I love the castle being almost a portal feel to space and time! My big beef with the Kevin smith show was demoting the castle to a hologram. I love that Duncan wondered if it was a spaceshipÖman I see where this could go.

I said in the other thread as well. I had to search for this on Netflix. It was not front and center. This show had my 7 year old jumping up and down and my wife and I on the edge of our seats. I hope this gets the views, I think if people watch, they will be hooked.
    In my headcanon ,I've always had this idea that due to time travel and Cosmic key shenanigans, castle grayskull becomes nordor , and nordor eventually , in a final battle scenario between he man and skeletor , crashes through a time gate to eternias ancient past , so I'm eager to see if something along these lines could happen

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
    Last edited by davelove81; September 18, 2021 at 02:11pm.