Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix He-Man & the Masters of the Universe Season #1 Talkback Thread *SPOILERS*

Jumping in for a second to say I just finished the first season and was blown away by how good it was. I hope it's not too long a wait for the next batch of episodes (and here's hoping they didn't teleport the castle to earth ).
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Got one more to go. We are taking it slow to make it last a bit. Again, we LOVE it. Super fun. But also awesome, the art at the end of each episode!
    12 Step Rebels-Erie Americana Punk Rock/Psychobilly
    https://music.apple.com/us/artist/12...ebels/28428100

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfan87 View Post
    Is it, though?
    Ideally yes it would be great to go to a new planet but I bet it goes to a place like Avion which was name dropped and we get stratos and also Merman whose kingdom was name dropped as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    In my headcanon ,I've always had this idea that due to time travel and Cosmic key shenanigans, castle grayskull becomes nordor , and nordor eventually , in a final battle scenario between he man and skeletor , crashes through a time gate to eternias ancient past , so I'm eager to see if something along these lines could happen

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
    I think the spaceship line was an easter egg for New Adventures and Starship Eternia where the power of Grayskull was transported to along with the "new adventures" line that was said.
    cogito ergo doleo

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldfan87 View Post
    Is it, though?
    Ten years ago, Eldress did not appear to

teleport Castle Grayskull, but teleported Adam and Keldor, and made Castle Grayskull invisible and inaccessible without the Sword of Power. This time, she is specifically teleporting the entire Castle, and is not certain where in the Universe it will end up. In the New Adventures of He-Man, Sorceress transfers the Power of Grayskull to Starship Eternia to save it from Skeletor. In this context, Eldress saying, "a New Adventure begins," is too overt to not be a reference to this. I suspect Castle Grayskull will not be teleported to the future or to Primus, but to space, and may even take on a more technological form. This would be consistent with the current design of the Castle, which appears to be a technological-magical gateway with an entire Universe inside of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Me thinks that your obvious affinity to new adventures may be clouding your judgement. Personally I'd be ok with Primus showing up, but I think they may end up in Avalon ( or wherever Stratos calls home )

Heroic Warrior
    Id rather they leave She-ra out myself - she is getting her own shows, don't need to overcrowd this one.
    On the other hand New Adventures is totally dormant and would totally fit this show, I don't think they will do it but if they did bring those elements in it would be awesome. Flogg and his cronies totally need to be the 4th badguy faction in MOTU.

Heroic Warrior
    The only thing that keeps me from believing they'd do any major changes with the format at this point is that Teela and Ork-0 didn't even go with them, they're still in Eternos. Wherever the castle ends up, they can't really stay there that long unless either a) Teela and maybe ork-0 end up finding their own way over or b) we get a dedicated B-plot with them every episode. It's way too early to just put one of your main characters and a major secondary character onto the bus indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    Me thinks that your obvious affinity to new adventures may be clouding your judgement. Personally I'd be ok with Primus showing up, but I think they may end up in Avalon ( or wherever Stratos calls home )
    I am not particularly fond of the New Adventures of He-Man series outside of the pilot. And I am not the only person who had the same thought:

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    I think the spaceship line was an easter egg for New Adventures and Starship Eternia where the power of Grayskull was transported to along with the "new adventures" line that was said.

eh, I still think it was a generous nod to NA and not a clue to them time traveling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RiverToad View Post
    The only thing that keeps me from believing they'd do any major changes with the format at this point is that Teela and Ork-0 didn't even go with them, they're still in Eternos. Wherever the castle ends up, they can't really stay there that long unless either a) Teela and maybe ork-0 end up finding their own way over or b) we get a dedicated B-plot with them every episode. It's way too early to just put one of your main characters and a major secondary character onto the bus indefinitely.
    I am sure the 2nd season/part will be a 'getting the band back together' scenario where we see the story from adam's view point, whereever he is and a viewpoint of the people left at eternia or eternos and skeletor's reign.
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    eh, I still think it was a generous nod to NA and not a clue to them time traveling.
    I do not think they will be time travelling. I think Castle Grayskull may be teleported to space.

It's actually pretty ironic how the CGI series that puts a crazy new spin on things feels more akin to MOTU than the Revelation series that was made "for the fans".

I do not think they will be time travelling. I think Castle Grayskull may be teleported to space.
    If that's the case, here's hoping we get some of the more spacey characters sprinkled into the show: Zodac, Rokkon, Stonedar, Sy-Klone (I always pegged him as a space dude with the lenticular sticker showing planets and the whole Saturny ring motif going on... I wasn't 100% down with the samurai-ish Anwat Gar thing from 200X that they came up with for him in that series)- heck I'd love for the Meteorbs to show up in this iteration... and of course whatever NA folks they decide to use (because I'm definitely not opposed to those characters making an appearance in this series). But, mostly, selfishly, Zodac on this show ASAP please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orko the Great View Post
    It's actually pretty ironic how the CGI series that puts a crazy new spin on things feels more akin to MOTU than the Revelation series that was made "for the fans".
    As someone who really loved Revelation, I kind of feel this too. But at the same time, I also feel like each show is presenting two sides of the same coin, if that makes sense. They're just each leaning into different directions that have always existed in the franchise (albeit airing pretty much at the same time, which is kind of odd but whatever the more animated MOTU the better I say! Who wants to wait 20 years between series anymore? Not me!).
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Heroic Warrior
    I genuinely feel like the lower standards coupled with the writing made it work. Revelation had the weight of the world on its shoulders and the rumors hit damn near immediately. This show came straight out of nowhere for the most part. No Bonnie Tyler trailer. No big campaign. No calling it anime.

That and I like the RPG party setup vs Teela’s actions.

I'm trying to take your guys word on this show, but I'm ready to turn this off after 5 minutes.

All the moaning about butch teela, but not a peep about black teela.

Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    I'm trying to take your guys word on this show, but I'm ready to turn this off after 5 minutes.

Do you not remember how people reacted when Teela's design was leaked?
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by jakobinsane View Post
    Got one more to go. We are taking it slow to make it last a bit. Again, we LOVE it. Super fun. But also awesome, the art at the end of each episode!
    Oh yes the art. Would not mind having prints of that for my collection.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    Oh yes the art. Would not mind having prints of that for my collection.
    Hopefully this series gets an art book
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Heroic Warrior
    It's subjective. I, personally, do not see much in terms of familiarity to MOTU. This is because I got into the show due to my liking for the character dynamics and established connections and lore that were already there. CGI shakes things up considerably, to the point where I can't really count it as a proper MOTU iteration for myself.

And that's okay! I really liked this show as it's own thing. I was pleasantly surprised by it.

I just hope Mattel doesn't see everyone trashing Revelation and then turning around and overhyping CGI and go "oh, i guess people just like the new motu now!" and bank everything on the new stuff while reserving the old version for just shallow, low effort nothings like app games or whatnot. Because Revelation has been a good show so far as well, and it'd break my heart if it ended up being the last of its kind.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverToad View Post
    It's subjective. I, personally, do not see much in terms of familiarity to MOTU. This is because I got into the show due to my liking for the character dynamics and established connections and lore that were already there. CGI shakes things up considerably, to the point where I can't really count it as a proper MOTU iteration for myself.

And that's okay! I really liked this show as it's own thing. I was pleasantly surprised by it.

I just hope Mattel doesn't see everyone trashing Revelation and then turning around and overhyping CGI and go "oh, i guess people just like the new motu now!" and bank everything on the new stuff while reserving the old version for just shallow, low effort nothings like app games or whatnot. Because Revelation has been a good show so far as well, and it'd break my heart if it ended up being the last of its kind.
    I still can't understand how fans do not like Revelation, I think it is outstanding. I have watched it four times and just love it more and more. I hope we continue to get this story and many more episodes to follow. I love the story, the animation/art, the characters, the action and so much more and just think it is definitely made for the fans.
    The CGI show is cool and I am enjoying it for what it is but still if I had to choose I would 100% choose Revelation.
    Xena Warrior Princess & She-Ra Fan from Down Under

Quote Originally Posted by Xena-She-Ra View Post
    I still can't understand how fans do not like Revelation, I think it is outstanding. I have watched it four times and just love it more and more. I hope we continue to get this story and many more episodes to follow. I love the story, the animation/art, the characters, the action and so much more and just think it is definitely made for the fans.
    The CGI show is cool and I am enjoying it for what it is but still if I had to choose I would 100% choose Revelation.
    Completely agree with you! I rewatched Revelation for a third time recently, a couple months removed from all the noise of its original release, and loved it even more this time around. Everything from the music to the animation to the emotional story being told is just top notch and I really will never get all the negativity.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Watched the 10 episodes. Like it on the whole.

It is a re-imagining. It is an alternate universe MOTU. Not keen on all the Masters drawing the power of Grayskull / havoc, but I respect that is the take here. Reminds me of how SPOP princesses were all linked into the power of Etheria (an element of that re-imagining I really enjoyed and would be happy to see make its way into the 'real' MOTU mythos for Etheria)

Despite being a re-imagining it is clear the writers have drawn deeply on existing lore (lots of Easter eggs), so it definitely feels MOTU despite the stark differences to vintage/classics canon.

It will be interesting to see how additional Masters get added to the storyline in future, whether they can draw on the power.

Re Revelation. I liked the art and elements of the storyline. I want to see more. But some of the characterisation was terrible and betrayed a lack of understanding of the core characters - especially Teela (awful - throughout most of the 1/2 series) and when He-man went to kill Skeletor ... that. Is. Not. What. He-man. Does. Ever.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    People LIKE black Teela

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    People LIKE black Teela
    Not all, like me. But I do not make a fuss about online, simply because its just my personal preference to have her recognizable as much as possible from her original appearance and characterization. But I respect those who do and love changes to stuff and all.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Not all, like me. But I do not make a fuss about online, simply because its just my personal preference to have her recognizable as much as possible from her original appearance and characterization. But I respect those who do and love changes to stuff and all.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    This new version of Teela is far more likable than her Revelation counterpart. She doesn't look like a muscular she-man with a terrible hair cut and who brags about how awesome she is.

The Teela in Revelation was toxic and unlikeable. The Sorceress asks her to find the Sword of Power to restore magic to the universe and Teela was like "screw the universe. You're all a pack of liars. It's all about my feelings because I am awesome." She was nothing like the aspiring and sympathetic heroine she was in Filmation or 200x.

But, yes, I prefer black Teela as the Sorceress of Grayskull than the one we got in Revelation. She looks like a girl and didn't need huge biceps to be important and she never bragged about how awesome she is. She was a team player. So thumbs up to this new Teela.
    "A true hero fights for justice and loves kindness." - He-Man, Buzz-Off's Pride, 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Roye View Post
    This new version of Teela is far more likable than her Revelation counterpart. She doesn't look like a muscular she-man with a terrible hair cut and who brags about how awesome she is.

The Teela in Revelation was toxic and unlikeable. The Sorceress asks her to find the Sword of Power to restore magic to the universe and Teela was like "screw the universe. You're all a pack of liars. It's all about my feelings because I am awesome." She was nothing like the aspiring and sympathetic heroine she was in Filmation or 200x.

But, yes, I prefer black Teela as the Sorceress of Grayskull than the one we got in Revelation.
    This. She’s probably my favorite character outside of the big guy. Cringer is up there too. I like them all actually!

And I’m one of the old dinosaurs who just “can’t accept change, man.” This is the best MOTU iteration since Filmation.