Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix He-Man & the Masters of the Universe Season #1 Talkback Thread *SPOILERS*

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    Yep, it's pretty awful. I don't mind the character in the show, but ffs, stop swaping races of characters. Why is Kronis green now? I didn't even know who that was supposed to be in the first episode. Why is Keldor white? Do they hate blue skin Gars that much? Just create new characters. Oh wait, the writers and designers can't. They can only take someone else's idea and make it their own, better version instead. Dumb.
    Trap Jaw was green in the mini comics at first aaaand his face is green as Trap Jaw. The blue could be read, like MAA, as a body suit. The Gar may not even be a thing since they were a 200x and Classics thing. They werenít in vintage or Filmation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surprisingly I've enjoyed this show a lot more than Revelation!

The smart writing, the whimsical acting and the polished visuals made me smile through out the whole first season!

This isn't a serious show by any means, but it worked for what it is better than the other 3D kiddie shows I've check out earlier!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

So, I just watched episode two again tonight, and they might be dropping a huge hint at one point....

In the Royal Family Portrait, Marlena is seated next to Adam, and next to Adam is an empty spot on the dais... with a single pillow sporting a starburst design. Possible Adora hint??
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    Why is Kronis green now? I didn't even know who that was supposed to be in the first episode.
    I thought he was Whiplash until episode 5.
    Check out my Etsy page for items ready to ship.
    Contact BadVermin for all your custom projects and repaints.

Quote Originally Posted by BadVermin View Post
    I thought he was Whiplash until episode 5.
    Whiplash without a tail?!

TBH, I thought Kronis was just another unknown new character at first just like Krass/Ram-Ma'am!

Im about 4 episodes into this show and im really enjoying this very new and fresh look.
    I was not really having any expections for liking this as a die hard MOTU fan but I have to say ive been greatly impresssed so far. Its really fresh and exciting and free from the demands I had coming to it. Its actually fun and face paced and I think kids will love it. It really is a breathe of fresh air after the huge demands Revelations has on its shoulders and I urge anyone who loves this franchaise to give it a go. It at its core has the spirit and nods to everything that came before it , just from a different angle. Skeletor actually feels much more scary and powerful in what ive seen so far.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    I don't know If there's a speculation thread , but the more I think about teela , the more I think that she's actually teela-na , and shell eventually become the eldress ( not AN eldress , the same one ) . If time travel does become a factor , teela could become cloned , and Duncan may volunteer to raise that clone in the past to change the Future ?

Might be wild speculation on my part , but it's all got precedent in other canons and this early on , anything could happen

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
    It's an interesting idea. Eldress says that Teela reminds her of her. We see a lot of concern that Teela has about rebuilding the statue of Eldress. If time travel is a thing, then Teela could have seen her death when watching the images of Eldress sacrificing herself for a young Adam, which could tie-in with how Eldress tries to reassure Teela about her fate, and so on... Who knows? Hopefully we'll see.

After watching it, I kind of expected General Dolos to become Tri-Klops, especially with the helmet, the guard/general who is mind-controlled by Skeletor, the machine drones, etc. Who knows? Maybe he still will become Tri-Klops in Season 2.

I'm curious whether they are setting up Adam with Teela or Krass. It really depends on whether the whole "childhood friends" or "like a sister" trope turns romantic or not.

‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Man-at-Arms View Post
    After watching it, I kind of expected General Dolos to become Tri-Klops, especially with the helmet, the guard/general who is mind-controlled by Skeletor, the machine drones, etc. Who knows? Maybe he still will become Tri-Klops in Season 2.
    Dolos is the Greek god of trickery and deception. General Dolos is so-named, because Kronis takes on his appearance as a disguise to fool Randor. It is not any deeper than that.

Co-Creator of the NV
    The show is odd for me because I hate just about everything about it, when I think of it as a form of motu. The sword is awful, somehow even worse than the 200x one, hate them giving them He Man other powers, can't stand the art style or focus in tech, etc... and yet I find myself enjoying the show

I might hate just about every choice they made, but the writing is good. It's funny and has good banter, the comradery is solid and it's quite entertaining.

One thing that's jarring is that every time I hear Cringer speak, all I hear is Liam Neeson. I'm waiting for Adam to be "taken" and then for Cringer to have a speech about how he's got a set of skills that make him a nightmare for people like the kidnapper.

Just finished all 10 episodes and I actually really enjoyed it and loved all the Easter eggs. I am interested to see where season 2 goes from here? There are many opportunities and I guess like many people are saying it could be heading into NA He-Man.
    But hopefully that wont last too long coz then that means Randor will be a prisoner of Skeletor for who knows how long?
    I still hope She-Ra might get introduced but not Netflix She-Ra, I would like to see their own version of She-Ra.
    I loved Cringer in this and his voice is the best and does also remind me of Liam Neeson like others have been saying.
    So all in all it is a cool new take on MOTU which I did enjoy to my surprise but if I had to choose I would still choose Revelation as that is more mature and I love story and animation in that show.
    Xena Warrior Princess & She-Ra Fan from Down Under

Heroic Warrior Beard of Stratos's Avatar
    Have watched the first five episodes with my daughter - she LOVES IT !!

As do I -- many reservations after watching the previews , but this is so much fun.

Whistling the themesong on the way into work this morning !

... its in the swo-o-orrrd

Court Magician
    I finished watching the series last night. I enjoyed it. It is a departure from the familiar mythos and some of Jeff Matsuda's designs I wish were toned back (Man-At-Arms). But for the most part, it was a cool kids story. However, there were a few quite adult themes here and there such as Skeletor telling his monsters to rip them a part or something like that and the whole everyone bowing down to Skeletor in a scene that kind of gave off a Nazi Germany vibe.

Also, I guess there is no such thing as secret identities anymore. I would have thought at least Adam would keep his from Randor, but even that didn't happen. It's funny how since Iron Man, they don't seem to mean much anymore, yet Adam's secret identity in Revelation is the reason for the whole world to end apparently. Quite the contrast.

In any case, the show was fun. I'm sure we were all waiting for the two Eternos comedy relief guards to be combined into Two-Bad.

I also do find the whole Sword of Justice and staff of Havoc story intriguing. The vintage toys/Mini-comics introduced the two swords halves so in a round about way, it went back to that story and how they are both "key" to the powers of Grayskull.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Dolos is the Greek god of trickery and deception. General Dolos is so-named, because Kronis takes on his appearance as a disguise to fool Randor. It is not any deeper than that.
    Maybe not. It would be nice if there was more payoff to the character, if they are going to be a recurring character, than just being a one-trick pony of mindwash and illusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    Whiplash without a tail?!

TBH, I thought Kronis was just another unknown new character at first just like Krass/Ram-Ma'am!
    I love the way that they portray Kronis in this... it's great to see the character who would eventually become Trap-Jaw!

And, I really like both his 'before' and 'after' designs.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    So, I just watched episode two again tonight, and they might be dropping a huge hint at one point....

In the Royal Family Portrait, Marlena is seated next to Adam, and next to Adam is an empty spot on the dais... with a single pillow sporting a starburst design. Possible Adora hint??
    I agree. They could have simply displayed Adam alone but that pillow hints they left an empty space to add someone. They may never introduce her but I think they did that on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I love the way that they portray Kronis in this... it's great to see the character who would eventually become Trap-Jaw!

And, I really like both his 'before' and 'after' designs.
    I don't disagree, the character in the show was very intriguing, and I'm looking forward to see on how he develops furthermore in the show... I was just surprised to know he was actually the pre-Trap-Jaw dude since his design didn't hint much him being Kronis the guy we knew from the 200X/MYP!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadobr View Post
    I agree. They could have simply displayed Adam alone but that pillow hints they left an empty space to add someone. They may never introduce her but I think they did that on purpose.
    I think that is the best way of looking at it cause they may not touch on POP in this series at all...

Not sure if this was mentioned before: but is R'Qazz an Avion? I mean, he's got the gray skin and "fur", wears goggles, and what looks like feathers on his fore-arm. Maybe he was an Avion that was cast out for being too evil? And then they took his power of flight away?

It would make sense, since the vintage toy Stratos was based on the Beast Man body.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    It'd be interesting to see what everyone's rankings were for the various tv and cinema adaptation's now there's a fair few of them . Personally I don't think there's a single iteration I HATE but I think my ranking thus far would have to be

200x
    Cgi
    Live action movie
    Revelation
    New adventures
    Filmation she Ra
    Filmation he man
    Netflix she Ra

I think they all did thier own thing and have different strengths and weaknesses but the cgi toon for me has the best mix of humour and action , and has loads of potential to go in some pretty exciting directions

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
    My favorite versions of MotU:

1. Revelation
    2. MYP (200x)
    3. Netflix CGI He-Man
    4. Netflix She-Ra
    5. 1987 MotU movie
    6. Filmation She-Ra
    7. Filmation He-Man
    8. New Adventures

I LOVE the top five on my list. And I appreciate the bottom three on my list for existing, but I don't like watching them.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    Not sure if this was mentioned before: but is R'Qazz an Avion? I mean, he's got the gray skin and "fur", wears goggles, and what looks like feathers on his fore-arm. Maybe he was an Avion that was cast out for being too evil? And then they took his power of flight away?

It would make sense, since the vintage toy Stratos was based on the Beast Man body.
    Nice observation and an interesting possibility!
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: Zodak (200X style), King Grayskull (Revelation style), He-Man 2.0, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Beast Man, Trap-Jaw, Kobra Khan

Co-Creator of the NV
    The realization that Ram Ma'am's helmet has on occasion been used a chamber pot was hilarious.. and also made me wonder why she continues to wear it

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    The realization that Ram Ma'am's helmet has on occasion been used a chamber pot was hilarious.. and also made me wonder why she continues to wear it
    A combination of people being gross, especially children... and because of the sentimental value the helmet holds for her.
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: Zodak (200X style), King Grayskull (Revelation style), He-Man 2.0, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Beast Man, Trap-Jaw, Kobra Khan

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    Cause it's a memento of her dad and is probably her for lack of a better term safety blanket.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    Cause it's a memento of her dad and is probably her for lack of a better term safety blanket.
    Which begs the question why she herself used it as a chamber pot -- Eternian culture may differ , but where I like we try to avoid defecating on cherished mementos

Pretty sure itís just a joke in a kids show. Itís gross and kids find that sort of thing funny, no need to over analyse everything

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    Pretty sure itís just a joke in a kids show. Itís gross and kids find that sort of thing funny, no need to over analyse everything
    I actually love it - it is absolutely bonkers and weird, but also funny

Another thing I'm liking is Adam being raised by the Liam the Tiger. The Tiger tribe is really lovely. I wonder what Adam getting his stripes means.. like literally. Is it a tattoo maybe?

On episode 7 or so and not liking Orko thus far. I've always had a soft spot for him but I don't really like how they set him up.