Thread: "What Once Came Apart..." [He-Man & The Masters Of The Universe 2021 Fic)

Heroic Warrior

"What Once Came Apart..." [He-Man & The Masters Of The Universe 2021 Fic)

When she and Adam parted ways in the jungle, she felt as if they both had come of age, they were making decisions that would enable them to grow as people, give them the kind of head start in life they had often talked about, dreamed about.

Krass knew it was an inevitability, and what she feared the most had seemingly come to pass. They had grown alright...grown apart.

Krass had dreaded it, ever since the witch came to their village, ever since Adam wielded power none of them had ever truly tasted, before she too had been touched with that splendour, the ability to become something more than what she was, and the weight of responsibility that came with it was so great. She truly believed she and Adam owed it to the tribe to use their gifts for their familyís benefit, for the mercenaries could very well come again to burn down all they had accomplished and built as a people.

But Adam had become too distracted by destiny. Unable to unshackle himself from his newly discovered ties to the kingdom of Eternos and the father he barely remembered. A man whose royal decrees had left the more common amongst his people in poorer standing, a man who had denied Eternia the majesty of magic, powers they could use for the benefit of others.

She struggled to understand his personal conflict, but the differences had been too great to overcome that day. So they parted.
    She, Cringer, Adam, a team, divided over a definition of family.

She and her tribe was a family Adam simply didnít seem to need anymore.

She did not quite know how the tribe would take to her resorting to the magic within, so on her regular evening patrols she would keep such majesty on the down-low.

She could command the power on her own, she didnít need Adam anymore to supply that either, but it was never about the power for her. It was about the best friend, her partner, her hero.

So committed to her cause, so devoted to the idea that the needs of her tribe eclipsed the need of her friend that she was hesitant to answer Orkoís call to rally to the cause of the remaining Masters many days later.

That is, until the power of Grayskull was cut off.

It was she knew, Adam was in need of her again, if only for a time.

She reminded him of where they both stood as soon as she came to his rescue...her loyalties were to her own tribe, just as his priorities were to his family and people. She had come to accept they had grown apart, and she would not stray from her own unique and separate path.

But when the eleventh hour came, when Adam was faced with a choice by his deranged and disfigured Uncle Keldor, now known as Skeletor, thwart him or lose his father, she did not hesitate, she threw herself in the line of fire, and she put her own set path aside to pave his own with the noblest of intentions.
    Stubborn to the utmost, she assured King Randor she had not done this for him.

Many hours later, she stood with Adam among Grayskullís hallowed hallways, on the path to a new adventure, hurtling through time and space to an unknown destination, having seemingly left Eternia behind.

Krass and Adam had come of age in the jungle, and in that time, had grown apart.

But one never stops aging as time ticks by.

Perhaps now, what once came apart, can come together, grow, and blossom into something greater.

Something more.

Seems to me that we have a new MOTU character named Krass.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Neophron View Post
    Seems to me that we have a new MOTU character named Krass.
    New, yet familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    New, yet familiar.
    Isn't she Ram-Ma'am from the newest Netflix series?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
    Isn't she Ram-Ma'am from the newest Netflix series?
    Yeah, hence the 'familiar' part, plus she shares some characteristics of various versions of Teela

That's on me, sorry, I didn't realize you were the OP when you commented that.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
    That's on me, sorry, I didn't realize you were the OP when you commented that.
    All's good, rofl

I just finished reading this one-shot, and I loved it. Here's hoping that it's the first of many fanfics based on the CGI show.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko the Great View Post
    I just finished reading this one-shot, and I loved it. Here's hoping that it's the first of many fanfics based on the CGI show.
    Too kind. Thankyou.