Thread: Origins Custom "Cannon Arm" for Hordak

Origins Custom "Cannon Arm" for Hordak

Hey, guys!

As it will be very difficult to get an exclusive version of the Hordak from the "Evil Horde" pack, I decided to create my own version of its cannon arm.

I basically used foam(EVA), PVC, contact cement and acrylic paint.

IMG_9306.jpg
    IMG_9301.jpg

Thanks!

Dang that looks good! Hopefully I can try something like that out myself. I had bought some epoxy clay to try my hand someday, but foam... might be easier. I'll watch this video too.

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Dang that looks good! Hopefully I can try something like that out myself. I had bought some epoxy clay to try my hand someday, but foam... might be easier. I'll watch this video too.
    haha...thanks dude!

I was thinking about modeling in expoy too, but then I tried it with foam and the result surprised me... I think the painting gave it a more "convincing" look...

And by the way, I created a template for this project, so it's even easier for you to try.

Lovely work, and loved your channel!

You already have another suscriber.

Quote Originally Posted by Lápis de Esmeralda View Post
    haha...thanks dude!

I was thinking about modeling in expoy too, but then I tried it with foam and the result surprised me... I think the painting gave it a more "convincing" look...

And by the way, I created a template for this project, so it's even easier for you to try.
    Awesome - it's great when customizers are willing to share.
    I might not make the canon arm as I did get that set myself, but there are other things I'd like to make. Just not sure if I'll get around to it - I've been working on a Castle Grayskull build that is just taking me forever - and I have other projects I want to do. So many things... like I'd like to make a Tyrantisaurus someday... But I will try the foam method because yours looked great.

Quote Originally Posted by octavio View Post
    Lovely work, and loved your channel!

You already have another suscriber.

Hellyeah!
    Thank you so much, man.

Hope my idiom isn't a big problem for you.

Awesome - it's great when customizers are willing to share.
    I might not make the canon arm as I did get that set myself, but there are other things I'd like to make. Just not sure if I'll get around to it - I've been working on a Castle Grayskull build that is just taking me forever - and I have other projects I want to do. So many things... like I'd like to make a Tyrantisaurus someday... But I will try the foam method because yours looked great.
    Thank you jibernish!

Dude...I learned a lot from other tutorials throughout my life, hehe. So I feel honored to be able to share something too.

And I also have some project in mind... foam became one of the main materials in my customizations!
    At this point I want to make a new item for Trapjaw, and I want to sculpt myself a new head for He-Man Origins.

Anyway...so many ideas and so little time to realize them.

I would love to see your Castle project finished.

Hellyeah!
    Thank you so much, man.

Hope my idiom isn't a big problem for you.
    Not at all, i understand portuguese perfectly... Although i don't speak it that well, and i still don't know how to write it.

Keep the good content coming.

Thank you jibernish!

Dude...I learned a lot from other tutorials throughout my life, hehe. So I feel honored to be able to share something too.

And I also have some project in mind... foam became one of the main materials in my customizations!
    At this point I want to make a new item for Trapjaw, and I want to sculpt myself a new head for He-Man Origins.

Anyway...so many ideas and so little time to realize them.

I would love to see your Castle project finished.
    You're not kidding! I have so many ideas... I bought this:

s-l500.jpg

and want to paint it Golden Yellow to be a beast for the Green Goddess. Make a saddle somehow - probably just a couple of handles up high and stirrups below so she can ride it.

I'm curious to see your Trap Jaw item - don't spoil it You could make so many cool attachments for him. THere are lots of good custom He-Man heads for Revelations since that one is, in my opinion, terrible. I might buy one.

I'm going to start a thread for the Castle soon. I had started filming myself making it, but I actually hated that whole process, so decided not to. But I have some pictures from all along the way that I'll post here soon. I'm currently painting the castle. I work in layers so it'll take a while.

I'm also trying to sculpt/create the crest (is that the right word?) for Castle Grayskull's jawbridge (the shield/helmet/swords). I'm having a hard time with that. I have found that I can work pretty well in a large scale, but I am not good doing smaller items.

oh also, my friend and roommate watched the video with me. She's not into toys but does think mine are cool. And she was really impressed by your canon. She wasn't impressed at the beginning of the video (I didn't let her see the thumbnail showing the finished piece) but by the time you painted it she was like, "WOW! That's soo cool!" She really enjoyed how clean and crisp it looked (not sloppy at all).

Quote Originally Posted by octavio View Post
    Not at all, i understand portuguese perfectly... Although i don't speak it that well, and i still don't know how to write it.

Keep the good content coming.
    That's nice to know, man.

And I need to improve my English a lot, a lot, haha. But I will at least try to put some subtitles in the videos.
    Last edited by Lápis de Esmeralda; September 23, 2021 at 08:58pm.

You're not kidding! I have so many ideas... I bought this:

s-l500.jpg

and want to paint it Golden Yellow to be a beast for the Green Goddess. Make a saddle somehow - probably just a couple of handles up high and stirrups below so she can ride it.

I'm curious to see your Trap Jaw item - don't spoil it You could make so many cool attachments for him. THere are lots of good custom He-Man heads for Revelations since that one is, in my opinion, terrible. I might buy one.

I'm going to start a thread for the Castle soon. I had started filming myself making it, but I actually hated that whole process, so decided not to. But I have some pictures from all along the way that I'll post here soon. I'm currently painting the castle. I work in layers so it'll take a while.

I'm also trying to sculpt/create the crest (is that the right word?) for Castle Grayskull's jawbridge (the shield/helmet/swords). I'm having a hard time with that. I have found that I can work pretty well in a large scale, but I am not good doing smaller items.
    Hey jibernish!

Great idea with this snake! The Green Goddess will have an intimidating mount.

The Trapjaw is my favorite character, I'm going to make a really cool accessory for him.

I agree, He-Man Revelation's head disappointed... but as you said, the customs are saving us, haha

Even if you've given up on the castle process video, don't leave and create the topic with the photos, ok? In my projects and customs, painting is also the most time-consuming phase, but it is one of my favorite steps.

oh also, my friend and roommate watched the video with me. She's not into toys but does think mine are cool. And she was really impressed by your canon. She wasn't impressed at the beginning of the video (I didn't let her see the thumbnail showing the finished piece) but by the time you painted it she was like, "WOW! That's soo cool!" She really enjoyed how clean and crisp it looked (not sloppy at all).
    Wow dude!!!!
    Thank you so much for showing my video to her...tell her I was very happy to hear that the result didn't disappoint her.

A hug to everyone!

Hey jibernish!

Great idea with this snake! The Green Goddess will have an intimidating mount.

The Trapjaw is my favorite character, I'm going to make a really cool accessory for him.

I agree, He-Man Revelation's head disappointed... but as you said, the customs are saving us, haha

Even if you've given up on the castle process video, don't leave and create the topic with the photos, ok? In my projects and customs, painting is also the most time-consuming phase, but it is one of my favorite steps.

Wow dude!!!!
    Thank you so much for showing my video to her...tell her I was very happy to hear that the result didn't disappoint her.

A hug to everyone!
    I'll let her know and I will post pics of my castle. Got a couple of more layers of paint done this weekend. It's taking more layers than I thought. I'm having trouble deciding on the overall green color I want. There's the vintage castle muted green on one end and the Icon Heroes statue bright and bold green on the other. And then some light green's I've seen others use in their customs. I'll get there though.