Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 214

Thread: Dungeons & Dragons Action Figures and Toys

  1. #1
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    4,288

    Dungeons & Dragons Action Figures and Toys

    NECA are making some 7" scale Advanced Dungeons & Dragons figures based on the LJN toy series.
    https://news.toyark.com/2021/09/23/d...figures-444789
    These look amazing.
    I wonder if they will be able to make the characters from the cartoon....

  2. #2
    Broncos lovin' admin! dorrmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    18,373
    Those are beautiful. They already have my money.

    I just hope BBTS or EE puts them up soon.

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,312
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Those are beautiful. They already have my money.

    I just hope BBTS or EE puts them up soon.
    Both are up for preorder on BBTS now

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior MJOLNIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    NECA are making some 7" scale Advanced Dungeons & Dragons figures based on the LJN toy series.
    https://news.toyark.com/2021/09/23/d...figures-444789
    These look amazing.
    I wonder if they will be able to make the characters from the cartoon....
    Hey Mark! Just looked at BBTS and WOW I had NO idea these were coming! I was yelling at the top of my lungs and my wife though something terrible happened. So excited for these. I have a vintage LJN collection and will buy all of these!!! It is the last of my beloved childhood toy lines that I was waiting on a modern collector line for.

    I do know what while some of the LJN toys did make into some episodes, that the kids, Venger, Shadow Demon, and Dungeon Master (all those created by the cartoon company [I think it was Sunbow?]) was a separate license. But yeah I would LOVE to grab all of the cartoon characters too. Though would be happy with just the old LJN line up.

    My incomplete LJN vintage collection.
    https://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]
    Last edited by MJOLNIR; September 24, 2021 at 04:20pm.

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    4,288
    Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    Hey Mark! Just looked at BBTS and WOW I had NO idea these were coming! I was yelling at the top of my lungs and my wife though something terrible happened. So excited for these. I have a vintage LJN collection and will buy all of these!!! It is the last of my beloved childhood toy lines that I was waiting on a modern collector line for.

    I do know what while some of the LJN toys did make into some episodes, that the kids, Venger, Shadow Demon, and Dungeon Master (all those created by the cartoon company [I think it was Sunbow?]) was a separate license. But yeah I would LOVE to grab all of the cartoon characters too. Though would be happy with just the old LJN line up.

    My incomplete LJN vintage collection.
    https://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]
    Awesome collection.
    I didn't know about the toyline growing up. Never even seen very much of the cartoon either.
    Seen the figures around 2002 and thought they wooled awesome.
    When I got the DVD of the cartoon I thought it was amazing.
    Several years back though I did track down several of the LJN figures, Strongheart, Warduke, Kelek, Northlord, Male Titan and Ogre King.

    I was also amazed when I seen these. So happy NECA are actually making these. If they are as good as their TMNT and Defenders of the Earth figures I will be very impressed. This is one line I want all charatcers.

  6. #6
    Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Posts
    13,088
    As expected, Warduke looks awesome but I am a bit bias since he was the only action I owned as a child from the LJN toyline (I also had the gold dragon deluxe beast but I consider that more than an action figure). I pre-ordered both figures from BBTS and I hope this line does well because I would really love a properly done TiamatÖ
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

    "It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

    Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

  7. #7
    Outlaw Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Monroe, LA
    Posts
    6,538
    These look great. I probably won't get these on account of I am broke, but I hope the line continues. Hopefully you'll see Strongheart, Kelek and the characters from the TV show all.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

    "From Hollywood to Babylon, holy war to kingdom come
    On a trail of dust and ashes, when the burning sky is done
    A tide of change is coming and that is what you fear
    The earthquake is a coming, but you don't want to hear"
    - Iron Maiden, "Writing on the Wall"

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    4,288
    NECa are sculpting the Wave 2 figures.

  9. #9
    Heroic sculptor of toys Battle_Brak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,420
    These are tempting but I quit buying NECA stuff years ago. Their figures are just so fragile and from everything Iíve heard they havenít improved that.
    Check out my artwork: https://aarondoyle.artstation.com/

  10. #10
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    4,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle_Brak View Post
    These are tempting but I quit buying NECA stuff years ago. Their figures are just so fragile and from everything Iíve heard they havenít improved that.
    Compared to several years ago their figures have vastly improved. All of my TMNT and Defenders of the Earth figures have been great. All are very sturdy and well built. Ming has even fallen off a high shelf with his weapons a few times and is fine.

  11. #11
    Heroic sculptor of toys Battle_Brak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Compared to several years ago their figures have vastly improved. All of my TMNT and Defenders of the Earth figures have been great. All are very sturdy and well built. Ming has even fallen off a high shelf with his weapons a few times and is fine.
    A close friend quit buying their stuff recently after he had a third TMNT figure break just removing it from the package. He said it only seems to be an issue with the toon based turtles though. He said the live action stuff is built much better. So I donít know.
    Check out my artwork: https://aarondoyle.artstation.com/

  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    4,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle_Brak View Post
    A close friend quit buying their stuff recently after he had a third TMNT figure break just removing it from the package. He said it only seems to be an issue with the toon based turtles though. He said the live action stuff is built much better. So I donít know.
    Aside from the movie Super Shredder all my other NECA TMNT figures are the cartoon figures. The only issue I have had with the TMNT figures is some of them have had stiff joints but some hot water loosened them easily.

    It's awful when a figure breaks taking ti out of the package. I do recall several years back my NECA Ryu broke taking it out the package, the shoulder joint snapped off. Aside from Ryu the only other time that happened was with a Yamato Macross Valkyrie.

  13. #13
    Heroic sculptor of toys Battle_Brak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Aside from the movie Super Shredder all my other NECA TMNT figures are the cartoon figures. The only issue I have had with the TMNT figures is some of them have had stiff joints but some hot water loosened them easily.

    It's awful when a figure breaks taking ti out of the package. I do recall several years back my NECA Ryu broke taking it out the package, the shoulder joint snapped off. Aside from Ryu the only other time that happened was with a Yamato Macross Valkyrie.
    I personally had two of the Street Fighter figures break upon removing them from the package. And my Crimson Viper had some really awful joints. She feels like sheíll break any time you pose her. Thatís when I stopped buying their stuff.
    Check out my artwork: https://aarondoyle.artstation.com/

  14. #14
    The First Avenger Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Golden Age
    Posts
    6,134
    Both are a MUST buy can't wait to see more...

  15. #15
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    4,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle_Brak View Post
    I personally had two of the Street Fighter figures break upon removing them from the package. And my Crimson Viper had some really awful joints. She feels like sheíll break any time you pose her. Thatís when I stopped buying their stuff.
    Around 2009 I had 8x NECA figures and of those figures 4x had issues.
    I had 4x Street Fighter figures. Ryu, Ken, Guile and Akuma. 4x comic TMNT figures.
    Ryu's shoulder snapped out of the package, Ken's ankle was stuck, Raphael's sai snapped, Leonardo's sheath broke off his shell and the sword blade snapped. I was able to repair the turtles wirth some super glue.
    After those figures though I stopped buying NECA figures until this year when I got Super Shredder. I was very impressed with it, the TMNT cartoon and Defenders of the Earth figures.

  16. #16
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    10,689
    New images!!










    Warduke has the pre-superhero male buck from Neca... it looks good, but I thought that they would have used the Defenders of the Earth buck. His knee looks weird...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  17. #17
    Heroic Warrior Glasstor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Caliternia
    Posts
    1,948
    Me: OMG, I had a lot of these figures when I was a kid! These are amazing! I wish I could afford to grab them.

    Also Me: Hereís some money, BBTS! FOMO to the rescue!

  18. #18
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    4,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    New images!!

    https://www.figures.com/wordpress/wp...66610982_n.jpg

    https://www.figures.com/wordpress/wp...89204052_n.jpg

    https://www.figures.com/wordpress/wp...39251615_n.jpg

    https://www.figures.com/wordpress/wp...88549546_n.jpg


    Warduke has the pre-superhero male buck from Neca... it looks good, but I thought that they would have used the Defenders of the Earth buck. His knee looks weird...
    Those look really stunning. Can't wait to see who they do next and hopefully they produce them a lot faster than Defenders of the Earth.
    It would be great to have unique line-up of different looking characters like Elkhorn, Kelek, Mercion Northlord etc.
    Although I really want the cartoon characters.
    Last edited by Mark M; May 20, 2022 at 06:47am.

  19. #19
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA, USA
    Posts
    832
    So who/what else do they plan to do?

  20. #20
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    4,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    His knee looks weird...
    I think the thigh just isn't rotated fully for the kneed piece to be over the knee joint.

  21. #21
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,530
    Those would fit in great with MOTU Classics figures...

  22. #22
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    634
    The buck is interesting..its like somewhere between their Arnold and Stallone bucks.But not sure its something theyve actually used before. Hope Warduke doesnt end up having that odd flesh colored plastic like the Rocky figures had.

  23. #23
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    4,288
    WOW! These NECA D&D retro figures based on unreleased prototypes lppk amazing.
    https://news.toyark.com/2022/05/25/n...ls-2022-469024

  24. #24
    Heroic Warrior Glasstor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Caliternia
    Posts
    1,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    WOW! These NECA D&D retro figures based on unreleased prototypes lppk amazing.
    https://news.toyark.com/2022/05/25/n...ls-2022-469024
    Really cool. I love that they are doing prototypes! I hope they are not too spendy and I wonder if they will translate these into the 7Ē figures? Slap them on that retro card and Iím in!

  25. #25
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    10,689
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    WOW! These NECA D&D retro figures based on unreleased prototypes lppk amazing.
    https://news.toyark.com/2022/05/25/n...ls-2022-469024
    While these are certainly cool, I'm wondering who the audience is for them?

    I mean, my '80s D&D figure collection is packed away somewhere in storage and most are the originals I received as a kid, i.e. pretty beat up.

    I would much rather see more 7 inch interpretations of the vintage characters... or, better yet, figures of the cartoon cast!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •