Thread: MOTUCGI in Masterverse

MOTUCGI in Masterverse

So....any theories as to what the CGI versions will look like in the Masterverse line?

Will He-Man and Skelly have super jacked, oversized torsos with short, chicken legs?

Will the CGI versions be more 'realistic' versions that fit in with the Revelation style?

Will they make powered down versions of characters like Beast Man, Evil Lyn, Man-at-Arms, etc...?

Who might we see show up?
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; September 28, 2021 at 11:15am.
    Odd Man Out

I think they'll be in scale and proportion with what's already released. If you think about , for example , the " eternia minis" line , when they bought " revelation" version's into that line, the "revelation" figures kept the super deformed look . I think masterverse will have a similar deal

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

I am very curious to see what they end up doing.
    Tweeterhead Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

Court Magician
    I'm going to guess that they're going to be on the same body we've already seen, just with the costume designs, and new heads that invoke the CGI show. If they were going to make new molds for these rather than have overlays that would be a lot of new molds, and I don't see that happening. I wouldn't be surprised if He-Man at least gets a new lower body though, since he's got pants. Mattel have shown that they'll add create new molds when required. I'm definitely interested in seeing how they turn out though. I have to imagine we're going to at least get both He-Man and Skeletor.
    Last edited by Agranymere; September 26, 2021 at 09:29pm.

I think it will be highly articulated versions of the figures that have already been released. Same sculpts, but different engineering.

Seeing as how there isn't *as much* parts-reuse in Masterverse... I am hoping for screen-accurate figures.

I would love a line that has the beefy upper body and squat lower, just with the Multiverse articulation and accessories... (like a removable helmet for Krass, for example.)
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    Depends on the budget to create a new buck for it. They could use it as an opportunity to introduce a new body type to the tooling similar to Legends having three male bucks and two female (three if you count the rarely used Moonstone buck)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Agranymere View Post
    I'm going to guess that they're going to be on the same body we've already seen, just with the costume designs, and new heads that invoke the CGI show. If they were going to make new molds for these rather than have overlays that would be a lot of new molds […]
    My money is in that, too. Roughly the Masterverse buck, with some tweaks. The whole point of making Masterverse versions of HatMotu would be for me, making a more “realistic” cgi He-Man version? That they would apply the Masterverse buck to all sorts of other characters. Kind of like they incorporated NA into Classics.
    And, when I look at Origins “200X Evil Lyn” and “Minicomic Stratos”, a cost-averse approach would be expected…

It's not Masterverse... but, here is how He-Man could look if put in Origins:

We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Hmmm....interesting.

I guess it is possible to do him that way in Masterverse, since it's supposed to be an all encompassing line. Maybe all the bucks don't have to be the same style.

Who knows??
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; October 4, 2021 at 12:52pm.
    Odd Man Out

Widget
    I was thinking that Masterverse is just a updated Classics line. Kinda like where Classics pulled from all over and made it in it’s own style.

Quote Originally Posted by SVantley View Post
    I was thinking that Masterverse is just a updated Classics line. Kinda like where Classics pulled from all over and made it in it’s own style.
    The bucks for the figures and the overall line philosophy is different, so I'm not sure I would call Masterverse anything other than perhaps a spiritual successor to Classics. They are both adult collector focused, so I guess they have that in common but otherwise not sure. And I do get what you mean as far as how Classics pulled from all over the mythology, but I guess I bristle at the idea of even uttering them in the same breath. Classics was its thing and Masterverse is well... different. At least to me.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

For me MOTU Classics is an entirely different entity, and Masterverse is a far cry from having any place in my Classics collection.
    Last edited by depp76; October 4, 2021 at 09:37am.

Masterverse isn't fit to sniff Classics' loincloth.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post

Heroic Warrior King Daddy Bo-Hog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    loincloth.jpg

Not my creation, but something I saw on a facebook group.

I can't really comment too much on Masterverse vs Classics, as I have never even held a Classics figure, but... Just looking at the images online of Classics vs holding the Masterverse figures, I greatly prefer the Masterverse. The joints are far from perfect, visually, but much better than the peg and hole looking things I've seen on the Classics. Some have said the heads are too small... maybe a little, but at least from the pictures I've seen, Classics appeared slightly disproportioned as well. But to be fair about it all, I wasn't overly thrilled with Masterverse until I saw them in person. Now I love them.
    Last edited by King Daddy Bo-Hog; October 5, 2021 at 02:00pm.