Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 117

Thread: The Halloween movie series

  1. #76
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    8,317
    This is great... reading through these posts reminds me of the conversations I used to have with some of my buddies who are horror buffs.

    Of the "big three" (F13, Nightmare, Halloween), Friday the 13th has always been my jam. My wife absolutely loves the first Halloween and Nightmare movies, and we both really enjoyed Freddy vs. Jason when it came out...

    Anyway, I thought this was a good place to share another of my dioramas:

    Friday 13th Diorama.jpg

    Fiday 13th Diorama2.jpg
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  2. #77
    Heroic Warrior Thrawn29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Anyway, I thought this was a good place to share another of my dioramas:

    Friday 13th Diorama.jpg

    Fiday 13th Diorama2.jpg
    I'm jealous. Those look great.

    Halloween 1 and 2 are my favorite slashers. Possibly my 2 favorite horror movies?

    I love Freddy and NOES.

    But for watchability Friday the 13th is my go-to.

    Pinhead is my favorite horror character followed insanely close by Michael and Jason.

    Between Michael and Jason my preference is so close it really depends on which one I'm watching at the time.

  3. #78
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    465
    My son has that diorama set from neca. He collects all the neca horror characters. Loves them. Jason is his fave. He has Freddy Jason n Michael plus Chucky n a ton of alien n predators

  4. #79
    Heroic Warrior Thrawn29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,894
    Quote Originally Posted by dan1980 View Post
    My son has that diorama set from neca. He collects all the neca horror characters. Loves them. Jason is his fave. He has Freddy Jason n Michael plus Chucky n a ton of alien n predators
    What's his favorite Neca Jason?

  5. #80
    The First Avenger Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Golden Age
    Posts
    5,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    This is great... reading through these posts reminds me of the conversations I used to have with some of my buddies who are horror buffs.

    Of the "big three" (F13, Nightmare, Halloween), Friday the 13th has always been my jam. My wife absolutely loves the first Halloween and Nightmare movies, and we both really enjoyed Freddy vs. Jason when it came out...

    Anyway, I thought this was a good place to share another of my dioramas:

    Friday 13th Diorama.jpg

    Fiday 13th Diorama2.jpg
    Cool these are the NECA Mego type figures (8" scale) with clothes right?

  6. #81
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    8,317
    Quote Originally Posted by dan1980 View Post
    My son has that diorama set from neca. He collects all the neca horror characters. Loves them. Jason is his fave. He has Freddy Jason n Michael plus Chucky n a ton of alien n predators
    Yeah, the Neca diorama set is fantastic. I sculpted / painted the ground, rocks and shore - and used actual leaves and sticks for the setting and 'firewood...'

    I still need to get a Phicen seamless 6" female body for a victim... they come with a bathing suit, so it will be perfect once I add the gore.

    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Cool these are the NECA Mego type figures (8" scale) with clothes right?
    No, this is the Mezco One:12 Friday the 13th Part III Jason figure.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  7. #82
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    What's his favorite Neca Jason?
    He has part 3 and 6. They’re his two faves of the series. He wants to get the Freddy vs Jason set cos he loves that movie.

    And he has the ultimate neca 2018 Michael and Laurie strode.

    His biggest annoyance is they don’t have Nancy from noes and Tommy from f13 6

  8. #83
    The First Avenger Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Golden Age
    Posts
    5,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Yeah, the Neca diorama set is fantastic. I sculpted / painted the ground, rocks and shore - and used actual leaves and sticks for the setting and 'firewood...'

    I still need to get a Phicen seamless 6" female body for a victim... they come with a bathing suit, so it will be perfect once I add the gore.



    No, this is the Mezco One:12 Friday the 13th Part III Jason figure.
    I've got all of the 1/9 Scale Neca figures they are cool and very detailed:


  9. #84
    Heroic Warrior Thrawn29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,894
    Quote Originally Posted by dan1980 View Post
    He has part 3 and 6. They¬’re his two faves of the series.
    My favorite version of Jason - design, performance, etc - is Part 7 ANB by far.

    I don't have Neca's Part 7 Jason yet.

    I do have almost all the Neca Jasons (Minus the remake). I have the old McFarland Movie Maniac's Jason. I have the Sideshow Collectible's Part 7 Jason.

    All that being said, my favorite Jason figure that I own to date is Neca's Friday the 13th Part 5 Dream Jason.

    I love the wet rain effect they gave it with the paint. I love the 4 different face sculpts. The dirty mask coated in grave dirt is just the best thing ever to me. It's the classic Paramount Jason mask, but the really dirtied up with a unique look. Pants and hands are also coated with grave dirt.

    I just usually ends up in the rain or the lake (Part 4, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8) so having a rain soaked Jason just really hits the right notes for me.

    As one of the best bonuses ever the plain head with the bloody hockey mask pluses up both the Part 4 and Part 3 Jasons.

    If you put that head on the Part 4 Jason you have a Part 5 Dream Jason from the final scene in Part 5.

    When you place it on Neca's newer bloody Part 3 Jason you can put the axe he comes with in the slit on his mask and outstretch his arms and you can perfectly replicate the final 3D effect of that movie.

    It's pretty cool.

    His biggest annoyance is they don¬’t have Nancy from noes and Tommy from f13 6
    I really would love both a Nancy and Tommy.

  10. #85
    Heroic Warrior King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    6,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post

    Then my work is done.
    Nope. I was thinking about this and a way to reconcile all the ďnot JasonĒ killers, and Roy, is to actually think about jason goes to hell. In that money we see he can posses other bodies. So what if all the killers ARE jason, but just a body possessed by jason. So no matter what sort of damage is done he just gets a new body. That sort of fits the idea of dif killers etc.

    His body at some point is buried before 5. So he possesses Roy since his body canít get out of the grave. In 6 his body is unburied so he hops back in/gets dragged back in to the decomposing body by Tommy. Giving the birth of the zombie Jason.
    cogito ergo doleo

  11. #86
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    8,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    My favorite version of Jason - design, performance, etc - is Part 7 ANB by far.

    I don't have Neca's Part 7 Jason yet.

    I do have almost all the Neca Jasons (Minus the remake). I have the old McFarland Movie Maniac's Jason. I have the Sideshow Collectible's Part 7 Jason.

    All that being said, my favorite Jason figure that I own to date is Neca's Friday the 13th Part 5 Dream Jason.

    I love the wet rain effect they gave it with the paint. I love the 4 different face sculpts. The dirty mask coated in grave dirt is just the best thing ever to me. It's the classic Paramount Jason mask, but the really dirtied up with a unique look. Pants and hands are also coated with grave dirt.

    I just usually ends up in the rain or the lake (Part 4, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8) so having a rain soaked Jason just really hits the right notes for me.

    As one of the best bonuses ever the plain head with the bloody hockey mask pluses up both the Part 4 and Part 3 Jasons.

    If you put that head on the Part 4 Jason you have a Part 5 Dream Jason from the final scene in Part 5.

    When you place it on Neca's newer bloody Part 3 Jason you can put the axe he comes with in the slit on his mask and outstretch his arms and you can perfectly replicate the final 3D effect of that movie.

    It's pretty cool.
    As far as I know, the Part VII Jason hasn't been released yet... BBTS has sent me two notices that they are "expecting it to arrive soon." So far, nothing...

    I have all of the Mezco and Neca Jason figures... the Part 3 Mezco figure is fantastic, but if I had to choose my favorite Neca Jason, it would probably have to be the NES homage Jason (aka purple Jason) or the Part 6 Jason (even though that isn't my favorite design, it is a fantastic figure.)

    Hopefully, the F13 Licensing Rights dispute will be settled soon and Neca can get us Jason Takes Manhattan and Jason Goes to Hell figures to complete the set...

    BTW, the Freddy vs Jason figure is an incredible figure too... but, IMO, the Remake Jason is awful.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  12. #87
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    465
    So I had an interesting conversation with my brother in law last night. He said he’d come to see the new Halloween with me so booked him a ticket. I then said you have seen the Halloween movies, his answer was no and he knew nothing about it. So I lent him the first one and the 2018 sequel to watch. He really liked them but his confusion was that Laurie went to a complete extreme on what was really less than 30min experience. When I explained that in the previous timeline Laurie and Michael were siblings. He said that would’ve made more sense of why she would be so scared that he was going to return for her.
    It was refreshing to talk to someone who had experienced just this timeline of Halloween.

    On another note, I have just finished reading the novelisation of the original Halloween. And I see where the thorn trilogy of Halloween films came from. In the novel Michael dreams and sees of the dawn of the Celtic age in particular the murder of a young girl and her partner by a deformed boy she rejected,during Samhain . And the evil of that act has followed him through the ages. Also in a chapter he sits with his grandmother and she talks to him about Halloween and his dreams and the voices he hears and hints that his grandfather experienced a similar thing.

    Another little fun fact. A probationary fire fighter has launched a petition on change.org to have the firefighter massacre we see in the trailer removed from the film. Insisting that Michael Myers would not kill the people who saved his life. And it is offensive to firefighters who risk their lives and disrespectful to have them killed with their own equipment. (Rolls eyes)
    Last edited by dan1980; October 11, 2021 at 11:26am.

  13. #88
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    ia
    Posts
    1,014
    Quote Originally Posted by urrutiap View Post
    well there's Psycho i guess if youre talking about the proper timeline stuff

    Psycho IV while kind of crappy anyway its both a prequel and a sequel so you decide where it fits in the movie series

    Even with Hellraiser. Beginning of Hellraiser Bloodline has a good origin flashback segment then the rest of the movie take place after Hellraiser III and then it jumps into the future. Then there's Hellraiser Hellseeker and Hellraiser Inferno.

    also Leprechaun has a decent reboot sequel which came out for DVD and was on Sy Fy Channel like 2 or 3 years ago
    Ive never minded Psycho IV The Beginning, like you mention it works as a prequel and a sequel and it ends the series well IMO.

    Hellraiser should have ended with Bloodline, a decent ending to the series and an end to the theatrical films in the series.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

  14. #89
    Heroic Warrior Thrawn29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,894
    Quote Originally Posted by dan1980 View Post
    He really liked them but his confusion was that Laurie went to a complete extreme on what was really less than 30min experience.
    Did he miss the part where she was attacked by someone who survived being stabbed in the next with a crochet needle, stabbed in the eye, stabbed in the stomach with butcher knife, shot 6 times, fell off a two story balcony and still managed to walk away?

    The first movie makes abundantly clear Michael Myers is a supernatural entity.

    On another note, I have just finished reading the novelisation of the original Halloween. And I see where the thorn trilogy of Halloween films came from. In the novel Michael dreams and sees of the dawn of the Celtic age in particular the murder of a young girl and her partner by a deformed boy she rejected,during Samhain . And the evil of that act has followed him through the ages. Also in a chapter he sits with his grandmother and she talks to him about Halloween and his dreams and the voices he hears and hints that his grandfather experienced a similar thing.
    The Halloween novelization was written after Halloween 2 was released in 1981. I haven't read it, so it would appear that the novel took its ques from Dr. Loomis' speech about Samhain in the movie as well as Halloween 5 and 6. That's a neat bit of trivia.


  15. #90
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    Did he miss the part where she was attacked by someone who survived being stabbed in the next with a crochet needle, stabbed in the eye, stabbed in the stomach with butcher knife, shot 6 times, fell off a two story balcony and still managed to walk away?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iirUmQhNAZc
    Heís special forces with the marines so I bet he saw them as just mere flesh wounds

  16. #91
    Heroic Warrior Thrawn29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,894
    Quote Originally Posted by dan1980 View Post
    He’s special forces with the marines so I bet he saw them as just mere flesh wounds
    As someone who patches people up for a living, I think he needs to reevaluate what he saw in the movie. Humans can survive quite a bit.

    I stand by what I stated.

  17. #92
    Heroic Warrior King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    6,471
    Quote Originally Posted by dan1980 View Post
    Another little fun fact. A probationary fire fighter has launched a petition on change.org to have the firefighter massacre we see in the trailer removed from the film. Insisting that Michael Myers would not kill the people who saved his life. And it is offensive to firefighters who risk their lives and disrespectful to have them killed with their own equipment. (Rolls eyes)
    I read that as well with eyes rolling very very much.
    cogito ergo doleo

  18. #93
    Heroic Warrior Rikki Roxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    nWo Country
    Posts
    1,359
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Nope. I was thinking about this and a way to reconcile all the ďnot JasonĒ killers, and Roy, is to actually think about jason goes to hell. In that money we see he can posses other bodies. So what if all the killers ARE jason, but just a body possessed by jason. So no matter what sort of damage is done he just gets a new body. That sort of fits the idea of dif killers etc.

    His body at some point is buried before 5. So he possesses Roy since his body canít get out of the grave. In 6 his body is unburied so he hops back in/gets dragged back in to the decomposing body by Tommy. Giving the birth of the zombie Jason.
    For any of that to work, though, Jason Goes To Hell has to count. Which means people have to acknowledge it not only exists, but is the most important movie in the entire series in a very literal sense.

    ....Nah, we're not gonna be doing that.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

  19. #94
    Heroic Warrior King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    6,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    For any of that to work, though, Jason Goes To Hell has to count. Which means people have to acknowledge it not only exists, but is the most important movie in the entire series in a very literal sense.

    ....Nah, we're not gonna be doing that.
    lol true point but Jason Goes to Hell will have a soft spot in my heart as that is the only one I was ever able to see in the theater as a kid.
    cogito ergo doleo

  20. #95
    The First Avenger Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Golden Age
    Posts
    5,740
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    lol true point but Jason Goes to Hell will have a soft spot in my heart as that is the only one I was ever able to see in the theater as a kid.
    Jason Goes to Hell was........

    But Freddy Vs. Jason was SO bad on so many levels....

    Jason X gave us this:



    This was a BAD ASS look...the rest of the film.....

    Too bad we never got this version in a film of some kind (Jason Vs. Freddy maybe?)



    Tom Savini's Jason in Hell from the Friday the 13th Video Game

  21. #96
    Heroic Warrior Thrawn29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,894
    I actually don't mind Jason X. It's not my favorite, but it's not bad. The humorous nature of the movie was fun, but Jason himself is exactly the same as he is in the prior films. He's still treated as a threat.

    I think that's how you do an "different" Jason movie. The surroundings can change, but Jason must remain the same. That's where JGTH erred.

  22. #97
    Heroic Warrior Rikki Roxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    nWo Country
    Posts
    1,359
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    lol true point but Jason Goes to Hell will have a soft spot in my heart as that is the only one I was ever able to see in the theater as a kid.
    Honestly, I'm not proud of this but it was the first Jason movie I actually watched beginning-to-end when I rented the unrated cut on VHS. I'd seen little bits on cable here and there, mostly edited on USA Network or whatever, but that was the first one I actually watched in its entirety and thus my first "initiation" into the franchise.

    I'll never forget sitting down to watch it with my Dad. Even by then, I'd caught on that there were "good" horror movies and "bad" ones, and as mentioned I'd already been a bit "conditioned" by the Freddy movies, which at their worst are still pretty slick and altogether pretty competent movies. So as it was starting, I suddenly had the thought and asked my Dad, "Y'know how some horror movies are good movies, but other ones are like, crappy but they're just 'good' because it's a horror movie? Are the Jason movies actually, like... any good as movies, or what?" And he just laughed, and said "Nah." So I'd already kind of lowered my standards before the intro was even done with.

    That scene with the chick in the tent was really nice, though. Right before she got vertically bisected by Jason, anyways.

    But yeah, based on the fact it was the first one I really saw, I have a... I guess "a certain appreciation" is fairly apt. But I really don't like it.
    ----------------

    Just for fun, since we were talking about all the remakes and such, here's a video my buddy did last year where he reviewed the Nightmare on Elm Street remake. I was fortunate enough to be asked to do a pop-in, and it came out really great. I honestly still like the movie more than most people and disagree with several of his points, but the video itself is great and worth a look.

    We might be doing something else in a similar vein soon, we'll see.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BnL3B_U4yA
    Last edited by Rikki Roxx; October 13, 2021 at 08:28pm.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

  23. #98
    Heroic Warrior King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    6,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Jason Goes to Hell was........

    But Freddy Vs. Jason was SO bad on so many levels....

    Jason X gave us this:

    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/be/58...20484d1d55.jpg

    This was a BAD ASS look...the rest of the film.....

    Too bad we never got this version in a film of some kind (Jason Vs. Freddy maybe?)

    https://bloody-disgusting.com/wp-con...vini-jason.jpg

    Tom Savini's Jason in Hell from the Friday the 13th Video Game
    Space Jason did give me one of my favorite kills. Where he just whack someone in a sleeping bag against a tree.

    Yeah the savini Jason would be awesome.

    Speaking of F13. The movies that made us documentary series just dropped some horror themed episodes yesterday and F13 was one of them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    Honestly, I'm not proud of this but it was the first Jason movie I actually watched beginning-to-end when I rented the unrated cut on VHS. I'd seen little bits on cable here and there, mostly edited on USA Network or whatever, but that was the first one I actually watched in its entirety and thus my first "initiation" into the franchise.

    I'll never forget sitting down to watch it with my Dad. Even by then, I'd caught on that there were "good" horror movies and "bad" ones, and as mentioned I'd already been a bit "conditioned" by the Freddy movies, which at their worst are still pretty slick and altogether pretty competent movies. So as it was starting, I suddenly had the thought and asked my Dad, "Y'know how some horror movies are good movies, but other ones are like, crappy but they're just 'good' because it's a horror movie? Are the Jason movies actually, like... any good as movies, or what?" And he just laughed, and said "Nah." So I'd already kind of lowered my standards before the intro was even done with.

    That scene with the chick in the tent was really nice, though. Right before she got vertically bisected by Jason, anyways.

    But yeah, based on the fact it was the first one I really saw, I have a... I guess "a certain appreciation" is fairly apt. But I really don't like it.
    ----------------

    Just for fun, since we were talking about all the remakes and such, here's a video my buddy did last year where he reviewed the Nightmare on Elm Street remake. I was fortunate enough to be asked to do a pop-in, and it came out really great. I honestly still like the movie more than most people and disagree with several of his points, but the video itself is great and worth a look.

    We might be doing something else in a similar vein soon, we'll see.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BnL3B_U4yA
    Interesting that it was your first Jason movie.

    I think part 4 was my first f13 movie. I do remember seeing part 2 where you see unmasked Jasonís messed up head and heís just smiling and chasing the kids and thought it was creepy af.
    cogito ergo doleo

  24. #99
    The First Avenger Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Golden Age
    Posts
    5,740
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Space Jason did give me one of my favorite kills. Where he just whack someone in a sleeping bag against a tree.

    Yeah the savini Jason would be awesome.

    Speaking of F13. The movies that made us documentary series just dropped some horror themed episodes yesterday and F13 was one of them.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Interesting that it was your first Jason movie.

    I think part 4 was my first f13 movie. I do remember seeing part 2 where you see unmasked Jasonís messed up head and heís just smiling and chasing the kids and thought it was creepy af.
    I liked them all but I always wanted to see some big kill off type movie between Jason,Michael,Freddy.Leatherface,Candyman & Victor Crowley....

    Sorta like a contract who kills the most can be the devil's killer on Earth (What the concept of Freddy V Jason was SUPPOSED to be)

  25. #100
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    4,009
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Space Jason did give me one of my favorite kills. Where he just whack someone in a sleeping bag against a tree.
    Oh yes!! that's hands down my favorite Jason moment. Walks into a Holodeck and two topless teens are standing there all "Hi there! We're teenagers and like doing drugs and having premarital sex!" Jason cocks his heads with a combination of 'What the heck?' and 'Is it Christmas already?' Next scene cuts back to him just bashing a sleeping bag against a tree and against the other bag....

    Just... amazing!


    Jason X is such a weird thing to me. It's so cheesy and so... bad. that I used to hate it with a passion. However over the years there must be some Stockholm going on because I now realize they are ALL terrible movies... but Jason X may be the most 'Fun' of the whole bunch. And honestly had a tighter story than most

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •