Thread: Windows 11, Releases on 10/05/2021-05/10/2021

Windows 11, Releases on 10/05/2021-05/10/2021

Well folks, here it is. Windows 11, too restricted for my taste as my Computer Processing Unit are on 7th Intel gen. the minimum requirement for Windows 11 are 8th gen of Intel processor.

I can't review due for "old machine" but what do you think of Windows 11 if your pc meet the requirement?

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

I'm a sucker for new Windows releases. I know there's nothing substantial changed, and it's mostly appearance, but what can I say?

Cool, but I moved to Linux some time ago and with the Steam Deck, I'm not seeing a big reason for using Windows.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Right now I just installed Windows 11, my CPU are currently not under recommended requirement but I do have TPM 2.0 so it is run smoothly. I think I may need anti virus since there's no 100% guarantees on safety like viruses and stuff.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    Right now I just installed Windows 11, my CPU are currently not under recommended requirement but I do have TPM 2.0 so it is run smoothly. I think I may need anti virus since there's no 100% guarantees on safety like viruses and stuff.
    Does Microsoft Defender not work on your machine?

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Does Microsoft Defender not work on your machine?
    I thought my anti virus key were once used only, but I'm using my old Anti Virus and it works well, except for the damn firewall that's really really restrictive.

So far? I'm not impressed with Windows 11, it's feel like Windows 10 but heavier resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    I thought my anti virus key were once used only, but I'm using my old Anti Virus and it works well, except for the damn firewall that's really really restrictive.

So far? I'm not impressed with Windows 11, it's feel like Windows 10 but heavier resources.
    That's been how Windows O/S behaves since Windows 2000.

I generally wait a while for a new version of the Windows O/S to 'mature' before getting it - there's usually various kinds of security and system related patches that need to get put it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvart View Post
    That's been how Windows O/S behaves since Windows 2000.

I generally wait a while for a new version of the Windows O/S to 'mature' before getting it - there's usually various kinds of security and system related patches that need to get put it.
    HAH, I will never get any system related patches because I'm 1 generations older than the initials requirement, I'm just downloading this as curiosity but I do have TPM 2.0 though.

I can't wait to get that new 12th gen i7 CPU, with 8 Logical core + 4 background core. I thought that was a genius move.