Thread: NYCC MOTU/Mattel

Heroic Warrior

NYCC MOTU/Mattel

Canít really find any info but does anyone know if we are expecting any MOTU reveals from Mattel for NYCC this weekend?

Seems unlikely so soon after Power Con, but I'd be thrilled to be wrong!

Heroic Warrior
    There were a couple things blacked out in the presentations at Power-Con, so we might hear something this week.

Yeah there are 2 secret figures in wave 4 of Masterverse. We also haven't seen anything of the Deluxe He-Man that went up for presale last week. Maybe they'll throw us a bone.

Also, and I know this is probably a pipe dream - but Castle Grayskull wasn't announced at Power Con last year. I wasn't following MOTU then so I'm not sure that it was announced at NYCC, but I'd love to hear something about an Origins Snake Mountain!

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Yeah there are 2 secret figures in wave 4 of Masterverse. We also haven't seen anything of the Deluxe He-Man that went up for presale last week. Maybe they'll throw us a bone.

Also, and I know this is probably a pipe dream - but Castle Grayskull wasn't announced at Power Con last year. I wasn't following MOTU then so I'm not sure that it was announced at NYCC, but I'd love to hear something about an Origins Snake Mountain!
    I guess I assumed the 2 secret figures were the Mer Man and Teela shown at PowerCon but, maybe thatís wrong. I would love to see a pic of the Deluxe/Savage He-Man.

Grayskull WAS announced at exactly this time of year (Oct 7or 9) so maybe, just maybe, they will grace us with an announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    There were a couple things blacked out in the presentations at Power-Con, so we might hear something this week.
    Nah. those won't be revealed until after the 2nd half of revelations due to show spoilers.
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    I guess I assumed the 2 secret figures were the Mer Man and Teela shown at PowerCon but, maybe thatís wrong. I would love to see a pic of the Deluxe/Savage He-Man.

Grayskull WAS announced at exactly this time of year (Oct 7or 9) so maybe, just maybe, they will grace us with an announcement.
    Hmmm, I didn't consider that it could be teela and mer man, but it could be. I would think BBTS would update the description as it might help sales, but you never know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Nah. those won't be revealed until after the 2nd half of revelations due to show spoilers.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    This is what I was thinking too...

But, it doesn't make the wait any easier!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post

Teela and Merman are the secret figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just left and none of the big names were there including funko, sideshow and Mattel
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    I just left and none of the big names were there including funko, sideshow and Mattel
    I may be wrong, but it just seems too soon for many big companies to forego precaution and attend big shows like NYCC and SDCC. Maybe next year, but who knows. In fact with all of the marketing mileage that companies get out of doing online shows and reveals (thinking of Hasbro's Fan First Friday/Monday events) some companies may stop attending shows altogether. That's probably going a bit far, but if I were Hasbro and Mattel I'd certainly be re-thinking any in person strategy.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    I may be wrong, but it just seems too soon for many big companies to forego precaution and attend big shows like NYCC and SDCC. Maybe next year, but who knows. In fact with all of the marketing mileage that companies get out of doing online shows and reveals (thinking of Hasbro's Fan First Friday/Monday events) some companies may stop attending shows altogether. That's probably going a bit far, but if I were Hasbro and Mattel I'd certainly be re-thinking any in person strategy.
    Agreed. The pandemic showed they can do their own press events and announcements in front of a web cam. There's really no need to have to pay for shipping of product and displays, pay for travel expenses when that is an option unless you are so completely out of touch with modern tech. If it can save money, the shareholders are for it again unless they are so stubborn about "this is the way it has always been done and must continue".