View Poll Results: Do you like Revelation so far?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

46 68.66%
  • No

18 26.87%
  • Undecided

3 4.48%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you like Revelation so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Those are very impressive looking HeMan and Skeletor revelation toys indeed . I will buy that and hope for a classic Teela .
    There is a classic Teela coming; I believe some pictures were shown.

No. In general, there are characters written out of character (Teela, Randor, the Sorceress), the voice-acting is subpar in some places (Orko especially), and the story is confusing (e.g. the entire episode with Scareglow).

There is so much I love about this show that I can over-look the things I don't like. I love the music, the designs (mostly, just not modern Teela and Andra), the voice cast, the premise, and "quest" aspect, and characterizations and arcs. For me, it's my favorite productions of MotU so far.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

(mostly, just not modern Teela and Andra)
    There is no modern update . These people are complete strangers .

Andra appeared in a few comics in the good ol days having slightly more exposure than goatman . I never knew Andra existed before revelation .

UglyAngry La does not look or have the personality or the sexual orientation of Teela .....and dresses funny .

UglyAngry La does not look or have the personality or the sexual orientation of Teela
    I challenge you to prove this.

I'll understand though if you have difficulty "explaining" women.
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

I mean, I thought they were gonna "go there" with Teela, as well, until I went and watched the show. And hey, they still might, and if they do I'll whine about it then.

So far, Teela just has an awful haircut, which in and of itself says nothing. People sure do project a lot.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    I challenge you to prove this.

I'll understand though if you have difficulty "explaining" women.
    Obvious trolls are gonna troll....

Don't feed him, and hopefully he will just go away.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Oh my sweet summer children . This troll predicts before the series ends , Angry and Andy are going to show us just how loud and proud they are .

The creators dont want us guessing . That wont fit with their politics

Oh my sweet summer children . This troll predicts before the series ends , Angry and Andy are going to show us just how loud and proud they are .

The creators dont want us guessing . That wont fit with their politics
    So you can't prove it? Is that what you're saying? Pitiful!!

I really hate the internet.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    I really hate the internet.
    Why, because the internet makes everyone tough?
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

It's more like it makes everyone an unapologetic jackass for no good reason.

Everybody gets a voice, and so few use it responsibly.

Believe me, being the snarkiest snark on a message board in no way makes anyone "tough". In my experience, those are the ones who unfailingly buckle like a belt during any sort of real-life conflict.

But I mean, they get to be a Tough Guy on the internet, so if that makes them feel like they're wiser or better than the next guy, well... whatever gets 'em hard. Personally, to me it always reads as a sign of severe insecurity.

I define insecurity as someone who cannot handle the fact that people are different and have different opinions that might not align with their opinions .

The person who made this thread does not only want people to say YES they love it . I could have just said No I dont like it and nothing more . I have done that in the past here and always some user X would have just quoted me then asked , Why dont you like so and so ? Then i ignore them .

Who is the troll exactly ? There is a protected positivity thread . Why are you not posting there ? Hmmm ?

Heroic Warrior King Daddy Bo-Hog's Avatar
    I mean, I thought they were gonna "go there" with Teela, as well, until I went and watched the show. And hey, they still might, and if they do I'll whine about it then.

So far, Teela just has an awful haircut, which in and of itself says nothing. People sure do project a lot.
    Agreed, but as I read your post it occurred to me that I think I would have just preferred if her head were completely shaved. Looks good on some chicks, especially more buff ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    There is so much I love about this show that I can over-look the things I don't like. I love the music, the designs (mostly, just not modern Teela and Andra), the voice cast, the premise, and "quest" aspect, and characterizations and arcs. For me, it's my favorite productions of MotU so far.
    That's all what I love about it as well. It is very modern, exactly what it should be for the newest incarnation of MOTU. And at the same time has enough call backs to previous material that it lets you know the creators care about where the property has been.

The first 5 episodes, if done Filmation style, could largely have been handled in 1 or 2 episodes, by skipping some of the questing, like Teela and Evil-Lyn talking on the ship across the Crystal Sea, or skipping the entire scenes in Snake Mountain, and several others. But those things ad depth to the characters that we haven't really seen before in animation. It brings together aspects of characters that might have been hinted at before, but were never explored... for example, Teela's reactions to the things happening around her. I remember in some Filmation episodes, even the sweet, almost-always demeanor of Teela shifting to a scowl of certain things. Now those are explored. She had deeper, darker, issues, namely knowing that things were being kept from her, even if it was on a subconscious level. Now in Revelation we get to see the fruits of the seeds that were planted.

I define insecurity as someone who cannot handle the fact that people are different and have different opinions that might not align with their opinions .

Who is the troll exactly ? There is a protected positivity thread . Why are you not posting there ? Hmmm ?
    Insecurity is all about one's view of self. Not really sure this little conversation qualifies.

You made a statement that I personally find, let's say, hard to believe. I asked for proof or supporting facts. You gave none.

Now was I being troll-like with my response after you called people "sweet summer children"

Heck yeah!

It's a pet peeve of mine when someone wants to criticize but can't back up those criticisms with reasoning. When you make a claim like you did all I see is that dolt on my Facebook site repeating over and over "Teela lesbon".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by King Daddy Bo-Hog View Post
    The first 5 episodes, if done Filmation style, could largely have been handled in 1 or 2 episodes, by skipping some of the questing, like Teela and Evil-Lyn talking on the ship across the Crystal Sea, or skipping the entire scenes in Snake Mountain, and several others. But those things ad depth to the characters that we haven't really seen before in animation. It brings together aspects of characters that might have been hinted at before, but were never explored... for example, Teela's reactions to the things happening around her. I remember in some Filmation episodes, even the sweet, almost-always demeanor of Teela shifting to a scowl of certain things. Now those are explored. She had deeper, darker, issues, namely knowing that things were being kept from her, even if it was on a subconscious level. Now in Revelation we get to see the fruits of the seeds that were planted.
    I disagree and would instead say I think the first 5 episodes could have benefited by being 7 or 8 episodes. I feel like they had to rush certain things, reactions, and plot lines that, if expanded upon, would have made better sense and been a better watch.

I feel like the first 5 episodes get better once you've seen all 5 and get what they were trying to do. So more time for more story I think would have helped immensely.

It's more like it makes everyone an unapologetic jackass for no good reason.
    I believe internet will give you some anonymity that give the trolls some immunity regarding their own insecurity. Gladly there was a few dude here in my country would just shut up and leave social media when "we" discovered their personal identity.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

I asked for proof or supporting facts. You gave none.
    She was clearly talking to Andra as if they are in a relationship . Thats good enough for me . I feel thats an indication of more to come not unlike the Dreamworks She Ra sucking face and rolling on the floor with Catra .

You are more than welcome to rub it in my face if nothing of that sort happens in any of the Part 2 episodes . I might be wrong , I hope i am wrong .

She was clearly talking to Andra as if they are in a relationship . Thats good enough for me . I feel thats an indication of more to come not unlike the Dreamworks She Ra sucking face and rolling on the floor with Catra .

You are more than welcome to rub it in my face if nothing of that sort happens in any of the Part 2 episodes . I might be wrong , I hope i am wrong .
    I really do think you're wrong. I have to also say that what she said to Andra could be said by any pair of friends or family members. Take anything they said and apply it to a father and son talking to each other. And the physical interaction? I hug my sons like that all the time.

I'm not a rub it in your face kind of guy. Maybe a side hug and I'll say "Don't be too hard on yourself, tiger!".

Heroic Warrior King Daddy Bo-Hog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post

I disagree and would instead say I think the first 5 episodes could have benefited by being 7 or 8 episodes. I feel like they had to rush certain things, reactions, and plot lines that, if expanded upon, would have made better sense and been a better watch.

I feel like the first 5 episodes get better once you've seen all 5 and get what they were trying to do. So more time for more story I think would have helped immensely.
    Umm... I don't really think there was a disagreement there. It definitely would have benefitted from being expanded even further. Or is that not the part you say you disagree with? Maybe I'm confuseled.

- - - Updated - - -

Nonsense. Sure, one could interpret it that way if they chose to. But it is by no means obvious or apparent that that is what the writers were going for. There was nothing out of the characteristics of a friendship in Revelation. I've watched it enough, even paying close attention to see if that was their intent. It may have been written in such a way that those who choose to can interpret it that way, and those who don't want to can interpret it their own way. But that is not the same as what you seem to be pushing. And I would notice, because it is for exactly that agenda that I do not at all like SPOP--amongst other things. Its just not there in Revelation, man.

But that is not the same as what you seem to be pushing.
    What am I pushing ?

Quote Originally Posted by King Daddy Bo-Hog View Post
    Umm... I don't really think there was a disagreement there. It definitely would have benefitted from being expanded even further. Or is that not the part you say you disagree with? Maybe I'm confuseled.
    Maybe it was my fault? I took your statement:

The first 5 episodes, if done Filmation style, could largely have been handled in 1 or 2 episodes...
    To mean that it could have been shortened and would have been better. Am I misunderstanding what you were trying to say?

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    In somewhat related news, YouTube announced that it will be hiding dislike counts on all videos across the site, starting today.

They say the change is to protect creators from targeted harassment, and to promote "respectful interactions between viewers and creators." The dislike button will still be there, but it will be for private feedback, eliminating the incentive for viewers to review bomb videos.

With this change, YouTube will be joining other social media networks such as Facebook and Instagram, that permit users to hide rating metrics that can be weaponized on their platforms.

This trend is exactly why Netflix does not consider reviews from aggregate sites like MetaCritic and RottenTomatoes in its success metrics.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    In somewhat related news, YouTube announced that it will be hiding dislike counts on all videos across the site, starting today.

They say the change is to protect creators from targeted harassment, and to promote "respectful interactions between viewers and creators." The dislike button will still be there, but it will be for private feedback, eliminating the incentive for viewers to review bomb videos.

With this change, YouTube will be joining other social media networks such as Facebook and Instagram, that permit users to hide rating metrics that can be weaponized on their platforms.

This trend is exactly why Netflix does not consider reviews from aggregate sites like MetaCritic and RottenTomatoes in its success metrics.
    Yeah, the harassment and threats are rather big because of anonymity of the people who criticized or review bombing any franchise. They might think they're part of the majority but to be honest they are rather the loudest minority. I think I saw like Org admin refusal to put like and dislike post in this forum many moons ago. It just make sense now why he refuses to do it.

Like that meme says: Everybody's a tough guy until you meet face to face with him.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Good.

When the legions of mindless sheep who, most of the time don't even know why they are raging, realize that the "world" can't see their concerted smear efforts - they'll hopefully just go away. (Or, try thinking for themselves...)
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Then You Tube should disable the Like button too or be called out as hypocrites .