View Poll Results: Do you like Revelation so far?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

49 69.01%
  • No

19 26.76%
  • Undecided

3 4.23%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you like Revelation so far?

Heroic Warrior

Do you like Revelation so far?

Important: Please only vote if you have seen the first 5 episodes of the Masters of the Universe Revelation cartoon.

There are multiple things about the show I don't care for and believe it could be better but... I'm still enjoying it and anxious to see the second half.
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

Heroic Warrior
    Sure, if you enjoyed it, that's what matters.

It's really about whether the overall impression is mostly positive, mostly negative, or somewhere in between.

My personal overall impression is negative -- even though I can appreciate the art.

Overall positive. However I was surprised that I actually liked the kid's show better in terms of dialog, pacing, plot, voice acting, etc. I like that Revelation mainly sticks to classic designs though.

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Great voice acting and talent, fantastic score, loving the story, oh those feels!, the visuals are fantastic... this Filmation fan is so far very happy with Revelation.

And I'm thrilled this was on Netflixís Overall Top-10 TV for 4 straight days! MOTU still has the POWER!
    ~ CALL YOUR CHAMPION ~

I liked it, but that positivity decreases the longer we don't have a release date for the second half.

Even at my highest positivity for this one, it doesn't hold a candle to how much I love the new CG show. I liked Revelation, but I absolutely LOVE the CG show!
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

I have watched it through three times, and am enjoying it immensely.

Despite what some people want to believe, Revelation has delivered on everything that was promised thus far.

Critically, it's a success... and, for me personally, it is as well.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Critically, it's a success... and, for me personally, it is as well.
    I love how much you LOVE this show! Wish I could say the same, but your enthusiasm is certainly contagious. Maybe I'll have to give it another try...

Heroic Warrior
    While Revelation might be far from perfect, to me it is also far from being bad. I have enjoyed the first half and very much looking forward to the second half. I just hope we can get additional seasons and we donít see our beloved franchise put back on the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by dzathamza View Post
    I just hope we can get additional seasons and we donít see our beloved franchise put back on the shelf.
    I'm am extremely hopeful for this as well.

Oh, I really liked it. I cannot wait for the next 5 episodes to drop! I've watched the first five episodes 4 times already. I love the visuals of the show, the voice acting is top notch, and I found the character development for characters like Orko and Evil-Lyn to be well done. When are the next 5 episodes coming?
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Kevin Smith turned Teela into a disgusting horrible unattractive unrelatable borderline sociopath hopelessly addicted to steroids who should have been Slapped and arrested in chains by Duncan to protect her from being justly murdered by the king for being so insensitive while the king and queen are grieving and processing the death of their child .

Great visuals and superb voice caste .

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Kevin Smith turned Teela into a disgusting horrible unattractive unrelatable borderline sociopath hopelessly addicted to steroids who should have been Slapped and arrested in chains by Duncan to protect her from being justly murdered by the king for being so insensitive while the king and queen are grieving and processing the death of their child .

Great visuals and superb voice caste .
    What a roller-coaster of emotions! This poll confirms that the vocal minority aren't indicative of the fandom as a whole. There's a lot to like about Revelations.

Heroic Warrior
    I thinks it's great!!! Fav Motu cartoon so far!
    nope

The new poster that came out basically shows Adam as "Oo-Larr." I'm thinking the second half might be more appealing to me. Maybe Adam has to "power up" without any magic this time? More of an original minicomic approach to the character this time, perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by benvoliothefirst View Post
    What a roller-coaster of emotions! This poll confirms that the vocal minority aren't indicative of the fandom as a whole. There's a lot to like about Revelations.
    Rotton tomatoes says you are mistaken .
    Last edited by Lokus; October 13, 2021 at 03:08am.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Rotton tomatoes says you are mistaken .
    You do know what "vocal minority" means right?

Rotten Tomatoes is a perfect example of a vocal minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    You do know what "vocal minority" means right?

Rotten Tomatoes is a perfect example of a vocal minority.
    So you're saying a majority is watching and loving Revelation? I'd be curious to know what you're basing that on. From every indication I can see, it kind of came and went and nobody cared. Even the toys are easy as heck to find.

This forum is a tiny sliver of geek culture on the internet, and there's only like a handful of people here saying how great this show is. Like, if you have to try that hard to convince people it's good (while running off normal He-Fans in droves), then it's probably not that good.

Edit: To clarify, by "normal" I mean people who don't go into every thread chastising other fans for not loving this very mediocre product (imo).

Quote Originally Posted by They-Them View Post
    So you're saying a majority is watching and loving Revelation? I'd be curious to know what you're basing that on. From every indication I can see, it kind of came and went and nobody cared. Even the toys are easy as heck to find.

This forum is a tiny sliver of geek culture on the internet, and there's only like a handful of people here saying how great this show is. Like, if you have to try that hard to convince people it's good (while running off normal He-Fans in droves), then it's probably not that good.

Edit: To clarify, by "normal" I mean people who don't go into every thread chastising other fans for not loving this very mediocre product (imo).
    I'm saying that many people like myself didn't run to RT and make a new account to say we liked the show. While you can easily browse through the comments and see people who did exactly that in order to voice their displeasure over the show.

I find it ironic, your comment about needing to convince people it's good, when so many Youtubers put so much effort into convincing people it was bad. People watched those videos and went to RT and just gave it the lowest score possible without any real review. Many even admitting they did not watch beyond the first episode.

I'm saying that many people like myself didn't run to RT and make a new account to say we liked the show. While you can easily browse through the comments and see people who did exactly that in order to voice their displeasure over the show.

I find it ironic, your comment about needing to convince people it's good, when so many Youtubers put so much effort into convincing people it was bad. People watched those videos and went to RT and just gave it the lowest score possible without any real review. Many even admitting they did not watch beyond the first episode.
    Maybe itís just bad and people could tell after sampling an episode or two? I gave up on it midway through episode 1, but I still (mostly) watched it. It got worse as it went on.

And I ****ing love and will support He-Man anything.

Quote Originally Posted by They-Them View Post
    Maybe itís just bad and people could tell after sampling an episode or two? I gave up on it midway through episode 1, but I still (mostly) watched it. It got worse as it went on.

And I ****ing love and will support He-Man anything.
    So, sure, it could be that. But I've looked at these reviews multiple times now and many of them are just giving the lowest possible score. I understand if you don't like a show but at least give it an actual review rather than just a child-like "I hate it" or "Kevin Smith!". There are a few scores by people who didn't like it that are actual scores. Real reviews. Those I can respect and believe they were written by someone who actually put some thought into it. Too many of the others are by first time reviewers attempting a review bomb.

I personally do not love Revelations. I completely dislike how many of the characters have been treated. But overall I like it for what it is. And I too will support He-man and MOTU anything because I'd rather see ANYTHING than nothing. Regardless to what anyone thinks about the show, I can't remember a time when SO MUCH MOTU toys and memorabilia have been available! It's a great time to be a fan.

No. Utter fail.
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

Regardless to what anyone thinks about the show, I can't remember a time when SO MUCH MOTU toys and memorabilia have been available! It's a great time to be a fan.
    Now that's something we can agree on! I was lukewarm on the Revelation figures at first, but I picked up a Faker and absolutely love it. I have since pre-ordered Fisto, Viking He-Man and Barbarian Skeletor. So while I may not like the show, the people making the toys are getting it done (for the most part).

Those are very impressive looking HeMan and Skeletor revelation toys indeed . I will buy that and hope for a classic Teela .