Thread: Does anyone remember Bob and Margaret? (Animated Sitcom)

Does anyone remember Bob and Margaret? (Animated Sitcom)

The show ran for four seasons from around 1998 and was pretty popular in the UK and I believe in Canada if I'm not mistaken, I'm not sure if it was aired in the US as well but it did have a good fan base though it seemed kinda underrated if you get what I mean?

The full episodes are on YouTube however I'll link the first episode here just for you guys to see.

It was quite adult, as it had the odd swear word in (very few and far between but it would do at times) but I was just wondering if anyone ever saw this here and how familiar you may have been with it?

It's a great little show which used to be shown on TV late at night in the UK :)

I remember watching Bob and Margret. I recall it used to be on late at night on Channel 4 and I would leave the VHS on recording other shows like King of the Hill and Futurama and it would also record Bob and Margret.
    A channel on Pluto TV also shows Bob and Margret.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I remember watching Bob and Margret. I recall it used to be on late at night on Channel 4 and I would leave the VHS on recording other shows like King of the Hill and Futurama and it would also record Bob and Margret.
    A channel on Pluto TV also shows Bob and Margret.
    Yeah, I was going to mention Pluto TV, they have a 24/7 channel playing this, it's pretty good :)

And yeah, Channel 4 late at night, it used to be good did Channel 4 back in the 90's, they would often show animated sitcoms like Bob & Margaret, King of the Hill, South Park etc. but it's cool to see you remembered this show as you don't really hear about it as much but it was pretty cool :)

I've never actually watched it but I have seen it in passing while surfing channels lol.

Heroic Warrior Granamyr's Helmet's Avatar
    I'm in the USA and totally remember regularly watching this show on cable back in the day (looks like it was Comedy Central that aired it here). Good show for sure!
    Last edited by Granamyr's Helmet; June 18, 2022 at 10:54am.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    I've never actually watched it but I have seen it in passing while surfing channels lol.
    Yeah, I was never really sure what audiences it's reached to as initially I thought it was just a British show then I found out it was quite popular in Canada as well where it apparently was the highest rated Canadian made series ever when it first aired. As I say it's very British so initially I thought it was a British show but I'm guessing the creators have some ties to that, maybe they are British people living in Canada I'm not sure as it does say it originates from the UK and Canada from what I can gather :)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granamyr's Helmet View Post
    I'm in the USA and totally remember regularly watching this show on cable back in the day (looks like it was Comedy Central that aired it here). Good show for sure!
    Yeah, was it quite popular there then? As I say, I have no idea what audiences it reached to so it's interesting to hear :)

Quote Originally Posted by The 90'z Rules View Post
    Yeah, I was going to mention Pluto TV, they have a 24/7 channel playing this, it's pretty good

And yeah, Channel 4 late at night, it used to be good did Channel 4 back in the 90's, they would often show animated sitcoms like Bob & Margaret, King of the Hill, South Park etc. but it's cool to see you remembered this show as you don't really hear about it as much but it was pretty cool
    There was another odd show on Channel 4 in the mid 90s called Crapston Villas. A stop Motion shop like Wallace and Gromit. Did you ever watch it?

There was another odd show on Channel 4 in the mid 90s called Crapston Villas. A stop Motion shop like Wallace and Gromit. Did you ever watch it?
    No, I'm not sure what that is? :)

No, I'm not sure what that is?
    It's all on Youtube.

It's all on Youtube.
    I've just had a browse now, I hadn't seen it before haha

I see what you mean about the Wallace and Gromit thing haha

Channel 4 was so good back in the late 90's and early 00's wasn't it, specially late at night too lol
    Last edited by The 90'z Rules; June 19, 2022 at 08:46am.

I've just had a browse now, I hadn't seen it before haha

I see what you mean about the Wallace and Gromit thing haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmvOk17Ozq8

Channel 4 was so good back in the late 90's and early 00's wasn't it, specially late at night too lol
    It really was great. Back around 1999-2001 they used to show WWF.
    Channel 4 used to make great programmes.

It really was great. Back around 1999-2001 they used to show WWF.
    Channel 4 used to make great programmes.
    Yeah, I vaguely remember them showing WWF and also The Simpsons too but that wasn't late at night when they showed The Simpsons but yeah, they were great lol

They used to have all sorts of really unique shows, I was going to do a thread soon on another called Fly Tales but I don't want to spam the forum too much so I'll wait for a bit in regards to that one however you reminded me of the show earlier :)

Yeah, I vaguely remember them showing WWF and also The Simpsons too but that wasn't late at night when they showed The Simpsons but yeah, they were great lol

They used to have all sorts of really unique shows, I was going to do a thread soon on another called Fly Tales but I don't want to spam the forum too much so I'll wait for a bit in regards to that one however you reminded me of the show earlier
    Come to think of it Channel 4 also used to show Family Guy back then late at night. Back when it was funny.

Come to think of it Channel 4 also used to show Family Guy back then late at night. Back when it was funny.
    Yeah I think they did actually haha, they were really good back then weren't they lol

Yeah I think they did actually haha, they were really good back then weren't they lol
    Channel 4 also used to show some cool cartoon in the 80s and early 90s on Sunday mornings.

Channel 4 also used to show some cool cartoon in the 80s and early 90s on Sunday mornings.
    Yeah, I never actually realised how good Channel 4 was until recently, it probably was the best for late night TV back then for sure

Yeah, I never actually realised how good Channel 4 was until recently, it probably was the best for late night TV back then for sure
    Definitely, they used to have a good show about video games called Bits. Lots of real good comedies. Something they are really lacking now is good comedy shows.

Definitely, they used to have a good show about video games called Bits. Lots of real good comedies. Something they are really lacking now is good comedy shows.
    Yeah, Men Behaving Badly I always felt was quite underrated, it was really popular back then but it seems to have been forgotten about a bit over the years I reckon.

Yeah, Men Behaving Badly I always felt was quite underrated, it was really popular back then but it seems to have been forgotten about a bit over the years I reckon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Notix2iMqA
    I honestly never seen much of Men Behaving Badly growing up, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was really underrated.
    There is quite a lot of very overrated UK sitcoms.

I honestly never seen much of Men Behaving Badly growing up, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was really underrated.
    There is quite a lot of very overrated UK sitcoms.
    Yeah, maybe give it some time if you fancy it and can be bothered, there's lots of episodes on YouTube and I think they're on Amazon Prime too for free but it's really good.

I'd probably skip the first season as it's with Harry Enfield and nothing against Harry but it just didn't click in the first season where as when Neil Morrissey came into the show it just worked and was great, they did a Christmas special too and a 3 part movie kind of thing called "Last Orders" which they finished the show with (wait until you see the big fish haha) but yeah, it was a really great show and different really as every episode was unique and not the same if you get what I mean.

It's like Bottom was great, I loved that show however the episodes were pretty much the same thing about them getting into fights mainly, the same with Royle Family too which again was also really great (and unique) but it became a bit samey at times where as Men Behaving Badly had so much variety in the episodes that they were all different but kept to the basis of the show so it worked :)

Obviously only if you fancy it of course, but it is a really good show and is definitely very underrated I feel :)

Yeah, maybe give it some time if you fancy it and can be bothered, there's lots of episodes on YouTube and I think they're on Amazon Prime too for free but it's really good.

I'd probably skip the first season as it's with Harry Enfield and nothing against Harry but it just didn't click in the first season where as when Neil Morrissey came into the show it just worked and was great, they did a Christmas special too and a 3 part movie kind of thing called "Last Orders" which they finished the show with (wait until you see the big fish haha) but yeah, it was a really great show and different really as every episode was unique and not the same if you get what I mean.

It's like Bottom was great, I loved that show however the episodes were pretty much the same thing about them getting into fights mainly, the same with Royle Family too which again was also really great (and unique) but it became a bit samey at times where as Men Behaving Badly had so much variety in the episodes that they were all different but kept to the basis of the show so it worked

Obviously only if you fancy it of course, but it is a really good show and is definitely very underrated I feel
    I will watch some episodes. I never knew Harry Enfield acted in it.

Did you ever see the other show Neil Morrissey acted in called Boon? I really enjoyed it. Neil Morrissey became a regular member around the end of season 2.

I will watch some episodes. I never knew Harry Enfield acted in it.

Did you ever see the other show Neil Morrissey acted in called Boon? I really enjoyed it. Neil Morrissey became a regular member around the end of season 2.
    No but I heard about that and yeah Harry Enfield was in the first full season and then from season two it was Neil Morrissey :)

This was the first ever episode but as I say the show really picks up when Neil Morrissey came in, it's not bad with Harry Enfield and he is good but you'll know what I mean if you manage to watch it :)

Heroic Warrior Granamyr's Helmet's Avatar
    Yeah, was it quite popular there then? As I say, I have no idea what audiences it reached to so it's interesting to hear
    I don't recall it making much of an impression here. Might have done better here on the Adult Swim block on Cartoon Network, but that wasn't around yet at the start of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Granamyr's Helmet View Post
    I don't recall it making much of an impression here. Might have done better here on the Adult Swim block on Cartoon Network, but that wasn't around yet at the start of the series.
    Yeah, it seems a lot of these shows seem to get more recognition in hindsight, I wonder how the show would do if it was added to Adult Swim in the US for example?
    Kindness is king.