Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Formo Toys Legends of Dragonore

Evil Master of Propane Ghost of Vapor's Avatar
    This line is awesome! So much of this mirrors what I did with Order of Cosmic Champions.

I'd really like to have Emiliano or the others provide some inside information on how this all came together. I'd like to know if they experienced some of the same trials and tribulations that I did.
    Novel Arriving Fall 2022!: Visit www.orderofcosmicchampions.com for info on the novel, figures, soundtrack, mini-comic, and more!

You should watch this then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_JdaRYZGBM

Emiliano goes into a ton of detail on the line, how it came together, and even shows the prototypes live.

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    You should watch this then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_JdaRYZGBM

Emiliano goes into a ton of detail on the line, how it came together, and even shows the prototypes live.
    Sweet! I'll check that out now.

EDIT: Oh man... a gold mine of info there. Thanks for that link. Every step he discusses rings familiar to me.
    Last edited by Ghost of Vapor; December 29, 2021 at 05:36pm.
    Novel Arriving Fall 2022!: Visit www.orderofcosmicchampions.com for info on the novel, figures, soundtrack, mini-comic, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Vapor View Post
    Sweet! I'll check that out now.

EDIT: Oh man... a gold mine of info there. Thanks for that link. Every step he discusses rings familiar to me.
    Wow, you created a toy line? That's crazy! How many people have done that?

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Wow, you created a toy line? That's crazy! How many people have done that?
    If the barriers weren’t so limiting, a lot more people could! I give mad props to Emiliano, Josh, and Peer for busting right through them. Loving what they’re doing here.

Any peeks at the cards? That will be the selling point for me.

Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    Any peeks at the cards? That will be the selling point for me.
    We were thinking of saving the reveal for after the preorders, but I suspect that many collectors would prefer to see how they look in package.
    So we'll discuss it between us and we'll decide if it's a better idea to show it before the 18th
    [COLOR="Red"][B]Support The Power and The Honor Foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    We were thinking of saving the reveal for after the preorders, but I suspect that many collectors would prefer to see how they look in package.
    So we'll discuss it between us and we'll decide if it's a better idea to show it before the 18th
    *Fingers crossed!!*
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

It is.

Heroic Warrior
    i ship Pantera with Derlok sort of like Evil-Lyn and Skeletor.

This line gets better with every reveal. I love a LOT of other action figure lines. But this is the first time I've been super excited about action figures since MOTUC and Mythic Legions.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2021!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

I may be addicted to social media, but I'd love to "like" so many posts in this thread!
    Thank you!

Formo Toys’ latest Facebook post made mention of a network of retailers and distributors around the world. Any idea when we might hear about who they are?
    Being in Canada I would love to preorder from a Canadian retailer offering these figures, for cheaper shipping, no Customs charges, etc.

I understand Formo Toys is going to ship internationally, but unless Formo Toys is using USPS, we Canadians will have to pay exorbitant ‘brokerage fees’ on top of Customs of dealing with UPS, FedEx, etc. The couriers brokerage fees can be absolutely insane, sometimes nearly doubling the overall cost of an entire purchase.

So that’s why I’m looking forward to finding out more about which international retailers will carry the line.

Might just be me but I`m fed up with month-long pre-orders, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by ToyCulture View Post
    Might just be me but I`m fed up with month-long pre-orders, sorry.
    That is the face of collecting now.

Either pre-orders or instant sell outs when things go in stock. I much rather prefer a guaranteed pre-order than a 5 min sell out.
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post

Either pre-orders or instant sell outs when things go in stock. I much rather prefer a guaranteed pre-order than a 5 min sell out.
    Yep...and yep.

Except for the notorious con exclusives nothing from Mattel needs to be pre-ordered or sells out in 5 minutes. The pre-orders I have placed so far never required full payment in advance (not counting Mattel Creations, which ultimately is a multi-million dollar company if things go wrong...).

Agreed. This is the hobby now. Outside of the really big companies, this is how the smaller companies do it.
    Made-to-order pre-orders. And with the made-to-order aspect, everyone has a shot of getting in on it.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2021!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by ToyCulture View Post
    Except for the notorious con exclusives nothing from Mattel needs to be pre-ordered or sells out in 5 minutes. The pre-orders I have placed so far never required full payment in advance (not counting Mattel Creations, which ultimately is a multi-million dollar company if things go wrong...).
    Yeah and billion dollar companies like Mattel can sometimes do that but smaller companies need the capital up front to fund the figures. Think of pre-orders just like any other kickstarter except they aren't going through the kickstarter platform.

If you want more diversity of choice in the kind of toys that are out there then the little guys will bring that but they will likely need funding up front.
    cogito ergo doleo

Great to see the pre-order information up.

Can I ask where these will be shipping from? I'm just trying to factory in things like customs fee's.

Many thanks,
    UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    MOTUC He-Ro Staff with green gem
    Keshi Mantenna in red

Really digging the art for the packaging! It looks great. If you haven't seen it, sign up for their newsletter.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Great to see the pre-order information up.

Can I ask where these will be shipping from? I'm just trying to factory in things like customs fee's.

Many thanks,
    We will ship from the USA, NJ.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah and billion dollar companies like Mattel can sometimes do that but smaller companies need the capital up front to fund the figures. Think of pre-orders just like any other kickstarter except they aren't going through the kickstarter platform.

If you want more diversity of choice in the kind of toys that are out there then the little guys will bring that but they will likely need funding up front.
    All true.
    No one would love more than us to have the figures ready to ship with no preorders. But the reality is that the cost of making toys is just too hight for a small company like us. We need the preorders so we can produce the toys, is as simple as that. And then the process takes time
    But also look at it this way: if wave one is very successful, we can invest some of the profits immediately and get the tooling for wave 2 ready, so the waiting time for that will be much shorter.

Very cool looking line! I think the cardboard display is a great option! Would love to see some indie toymakers do this more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Vapor View Post
    Really digging the art for the packaging! It looks great. If you haven't seen it, sign up for their newsletter.
    Really like the cards. The colors pop. And will be a nice difference of the vintage/origins cards.

Don't really care about the cardboard stuff, but for only 20 bucks more, might as well go for a complete collection.

I may be addicted to social media, but I'd love to "like" so many posts in this thread!
    Thank you!
    Just watched you on Fans of Power and am just super excited about this. Each figure looks absolutely fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk