Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Formo Toys Legends of Dragonore

Evil Master of Propane Ghost of Vapor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    There's some speculation online that Mattel may be giving them a hard time.
    They're notoriously overprotective. But I can't say it's not understandable.

I tried to be especially cautious about this myself. I tweaked some things (size/proportions, names, even color schemes and power sets) to differentiate the characters. Even went so far as to hire (and put on retainer) an intellectual property firm to examine everything (thanks to some push from members here actually). Better to be safe than sorry. It doesn't mean they won't still bring some kind of action against you, but at least you'll feel more secure that your case is solid against them.
    Novel Arriving Fall 2022!: Visit www.orderofcosmicchampions.com for info on the novel, figures, soundtrack, mini-comic, and more!

There's some speculation online that Mattel may be giving them a hard time.

I have no background knowledge on what is causing the delay, but that was my instant thought as well. Hopefully Mattel doesn't put the kibosh on this project.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Well, until an official explanation is provided, people will speculate.
    Yep, especially when no emails have been sent out about the delay.

Bring back Classics! The All American's Avatar
    This is on the Formo Toys page....

https://www.formotoys.com/

Pre-order Update
    ​There's no easy way to say this: due to unforeseen circumstances, we regretfully have decided to put the pre-orders on hold and delay them by one week.

Your support has been amazing from the beginning of this adventure, and WE NEED YOU NOW more than ever. We understand this could be a major inconvenience for some of you that were ready to put money on us. We won't disappoint you, but we need more time.

Emiliano, our creative director, was back to the drawing board as soon as the issue arose.

There are moments in life in which things try to push you in the corner: we take this challenge as an opportunity to rethink, improve and come back with new, stunning products.

We will continue to update you in the following days on any changes as they occur.

Interesting. I wonder what the changes will be.

Hey guys,
    as we pledged total transparency with our customers, it's particularly hard for me not being able to give you more informations about what is causing the delay.
    As written in our statement, we're working very hard to solve this last minute issue, and while I cannot tell you more right now, we promise to share all we will be able to in the following days, as soon as a resolution is reached.
    Thank you for your support and patience.
    [COLOR="Red"][B]Support The Power and The Honor Foundation.

No problem here Emiliano. I trust you are doing the best you can to work out whatever it is that popped up. Best of luck sorting things out. I'm sure it can't be fun.

That being the case, I would say it's highly likely that there is an issue with some kind of legal ramifications.
    Novel Arriving Fall 2022!: Visit www.orderofcosmicchampions.com for info on the novel, figures, soundtrack, mini-comic, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Vapor View Post
    That being the case, I would say it's highly likely that there is an issue with some kind of legal ramifications.
    My guess is that Mattel will agree not to pursue legal action in exchange for a cut of royalties.

If Formo has to make changes because someone said something to them, then I'm not bothered by it.
    We've already seen the quality of the line. So if some characters, or names, or even the title needs to altered, it won't change the fact it's a great looking line with a lot of skill and heart behind it. So I'm still on board, no matter what the changes are.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2021!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Kind of messed up being called out a week before pre-orders.

Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    Kind of messed up being called out a week before pre-orders.
    Reminds me of what happened to "The Return of Faker" by James Eatock, where he got a threatening letter from Universal's lawyers literally a couple of days before was to screen it at Power Con even though he had been publicly working on it for over 2 years...

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    If Formo has to make changes because someone said something to them, then I'm not bothered by it.
    We've already seen the quality of the line. So if some characters, or names, or even the title needs to altered, it won't change the fact it's a great looking line with a lot of skill and heart behind it. So I'm still on board, no matter what the changes are.
    Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reminds me of what happened to "The Return of Faker" by James Eatock, where he got a threatening letter from Universal's lawyers literally a couple of days before was to screen it at Power Con even though he had been publicly working on it for over 2 years...
    WOW! That is REALLY messed up. Why would they wait so late to do something like that?

WOW! That is REALLY messed up. Why would they wait so late to do something like that?
    Because they can and doing that causes the most pain. Why tell someone in advance and give them plenty of time to change things when you can do it last min and watch them scramble or have to cancel something. It comes down to being petty.
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Because they can and doing that causes the most pain. Why tell someone in advance and give them plenty of time to change things when you can do it last min and watch them scramble or have to cancel something. It comes down to being petty.
    Geez. Now I wish I could find the full RETURN OF FAKER episode!

Geez. Now I wish I could find the full RETURN OF FAKER episode!
    It was made available to backers.

He-Man historian
    You get to learn a bit more about it in the upcoming "Faking Filmation" documentary.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Hope all goes well with this amazing looking toyline. Whenever things get moving you've got my order for sure.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Count me in as well. Need more interesting female figures to balance out the line of that scale and these look terrific. All the best for the current developments.

I really hope there won't be any changes to character design. They all look fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Hey guys,
    as we pledged total transparency with our customers, it's particularly hard for me not being able to give you more informations about what is causing the delay.
    As written in our statement, we're working very hard to solve this last minute issue, and while I cannot tell you more right now, we promise to share all we will be able to in the following days, as soon as a resolution is reached.
    Thank you for your support and patience.
    Sounds like legal problems sadly. Given Mattels investment in the brand (we got Origins, Revelations, the childrens line and minis) I understand their legal team will fight anything that tries to ride on that wave so to speak. Formo Lords of Power might be too close to Masters of the Universe. Mattel might even dispute the naming rights to Lords of Power.

Yeah I think it's the name. When this was first announced, the first thing to cross my mind was, that name is gonna be a problem.

Two years ago, they released the LOP set, so that name is in more people's heads now then 5 years ago.

I can only speculate like everyone else, but "likeness" might be a problem here. From my understanding all original Mark Taylor concepts for Masters of the Universe are property of Mattel too. I wish Mattel would handle these things more generous but lets not forget they cancelled Classics for Super7 too even though a niche high-priced collectors line would hardly compete with Origins.

I don't see 'this' being resolved by Tuesday for them to start preorders.