Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 329

Thread: Formo Toys Legends of Dragonore

  1. #201
    Evil Master of Propane Ghost of Vapor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Southeastern Ohio
    Posts
    1,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    There's some speculation online that Mattel may be giving them a hard time.
    They're notoriously overprotective. But I can't say it's not understandable.

    I tried to be especially cautious about this myself. I tweaked some things (size/proportions, names, even color schemes and power sets) to differentiate the characters. Even went so far as to hire (and put on retainer) an intellectual property firm to examine everything (thanks to some push from members here actually). Better to be safe than sorry. It doesn't mean they won't still bring some kind of action against you, but at least you'll feel more secure that your case is solid against them.
    Novel Arriving Fall 2022!: Visit www.orderofcosmicchampions.com for info on the novel, figures, soundtrack, mini-comic, and more!

  2. #202
    Heroic Warrior wayne-klops's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    5,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    There's some speculation online that Mattel may be giving them a hard time.

    I have no background knowledge on what is causing the delay, but that was my instant thought as well. Hopefully Mattel doesn't put the kibosh on this project.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

  3. #203
    Heroic Warrior depp76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    2,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Well, until an official explanation is provided, people will speculate.
    Yep, especially when no emails have been sent out about the delay.

  4. #204
    Bring back Classics! The All American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    3,901
    This is on the Formo Toys page....

    https://www.formotoys.com/

    Pre-order Update
    ​There's no easy way to say this: due to unforeseen circumstances, we regretfully have decided to put the pre-orders on hold and delay them by one week.


    Your support has been amazing from the beginning of this adventure, and WE NEED YOU NOW more than ever. We understand this could be a major inconvenience for some of you that were ready to put money on us. We won't disappoint you, but we need more time.

    Emiliano, our creative director, was back to the drawing board as soon as the issue arose.

    There are moments in life in which things try to push you in the corner: we take this challenge as an opportunity to rethink, improve and come back with new, stunning products.

    We will continue to update you in the following days on any changes as they occur.

  5. #205
    Heroic Warrior UsernameMDM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    294
    Interesting. I wonder what the changes will be.

  6. #206
    Heroic Warrior Emiliano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Palermo, Italy
    Posts
    6,241
    Hey guys,
    as we pledged total transparency with our customers, it's particularly hard for me not being able to give you more informations about what is causing the delay.
    As written in our statement, we're working very hard to solve this last minute issue, and while I cannot tell you more right now, we promise to share all we will be able to in the following days, as soon as a resolution is reached.
    Thank you for your support and patience.
    [COLOR="Red"][B]Support The Power and The Honor Foundation.

  7. #207
    Evil Warrior jibernish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    2,353
    No problem here Emiliano. I trust you are doing the best you can to work out whatever it is that popped up. Best of luck sorting things out. I'm sure it can't be fun.

  8. #208
    Evil Master of Propane Ghost of Vapor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Southeastern Ohio
    Posts
    1,201
    That being the case, I would say it's highly likely that there is an issue with some kind of legal ramifications.
    Novel Arriving Fall 2022!: Visit www.orderofcosmicchampions.com for info on the novel, figures, soundtrack, mini-comic, and more!

  9. #209
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,938
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Vapor View Post
    That being the case, I would say it's highly likely that there is an issue with some kind of legal ramifications.
    My guess is that Mattel will agree not to pursue legal action in exchange for a cut of royalties.

  10. #210
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    37,979
    If Formo has to make changes because someone said something to them, then I'm not bothered by it.
    We've already seen the quality of the line. So if some characters, or names, or even the title needs to altered, it won't change the fact it's a great looking line with a lot of skill and heart behind it. So I'm still on board, no matter what the changes are.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2021!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

  11. #211
    Heroic Warrior UsernameMDM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    294
    Kind of messed up being called out a week before pre-orders.

  12. #212
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,938
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    Kind of messed up being called out a week before pre-orders.
    Reminds me of what happened to "The Return of Faker" by James Eatock, where he got a threatening letter from Universal's lawyers literally a couple of days before was to screen it at Power Con even though he had been publicly working on it for over 2 years...

  13. #213
    Heroic Warrior mizterfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    608
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    If Formo has to make changes because someone said something to them, then I'm not bothered by it.
    We've already seen the quality of the line. So if some characters, or names, or even the title needs to altered, it won't change the fact it's a great looking line with a lot of skill and heart behind it. So I'm still on board, no matter what the changes are.
    Agreed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #214
    Heroic Warrior UsernameMDM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Reminds me of what happened to "The Return of Faker" by James Eatock, where he got a threatening letter from Universal's lawyers literally a couple of days before was to screen it at Power Con even though he had been publicly working on it for over 2 years...
    WOW! That is REALLY messed up. Why would they wait so late to do something like that?

  15. #215
    Heroic Warrior King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    6,676
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    WOW! That is REALLY messed up. Why would they wait so late to do something like that?
    Because they can and doing that causes the most pain. Why tell someone in advance and give them plenty of time to change things when you can do it last min and watch them scramble or have to cancel something. It comes down to being petty.
    cogito ergo doleo

  16. #216
    Heroic Warrior UsernameMDM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Because they can and doing that causes the most pain. Why tell someone in advance and give them plenty of time to change things when you can do it last min and watch them scramble or have to cancel something. It comes down to being petty.
    Geez. Now I wish I could find the full RETURN OF FAKER episode!

  17. #217
    Evil Master of Propane Ghost of Vapor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Southeastern Ohio
    Posts
    1,201
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    Geez. Now I wish I could find the full RETURN OF FAKER episode!
    It was made available to backers.
    Novel Arriving Fall 2022!: Visit www.orderofcosmicchampions.com for info on the novel, figures, soundtrack, mini-comic, and more!

  18. #218
    He-Man historian
    Jukka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Hämeenlinna, Finland
    Posts
    14,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Reminds me of what happened to "The Return of Faker" by James Eatock, where he got a threatening letter from Universal's lawyers literally a couple of days before was to screen it at Power Con even though he had been publicly working on it for over 2 years...
    You get to learn a bit more about it in the upcoming "Faking Filmation" documentary.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

    · ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

  19. #219
    In disguise! Barbecue17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Shelby, NC
    Posts
    2,806
    Hope all goes well with this amazing looking toyline. Whenever things get moving you've got my order for sure.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!


    "We have a Ram-Man!"

  20. #220
    Evil Artist of Evil. Stampede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Cape Town South Africa
    Posts
    1,249
    Count me in as well. Need more interesting female figures to balance out the line of that scale and these look terrific. All the best for the current developments.

  21. #221
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,938
    I really hope there won't be any changes to character design. They all look fantastic.

  22. #222
    Heroic Warrior ToyCulture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Hey guys,
    as we pledged total transparency with our customers, it's particularly hard for me not being able to give you more informations about what is causing the delay.
    As written in our statement, we're working very hard to solve this last minute issue, and while I cannot tell you more right now, we promise to share all we will be able to in the following days, as soon as a resolution is reached.
    Thank you for your support and patience.
    Sounds like legal problems sadly. Given Mattels investment in the brand (we got Origins, Revelations, the childrens line and minis) I understand their legal team will fight anything that tries to ride on that wave so to speak. Formo Lords of Power might be too close to Masters of the Universe. Mattel might even dispute the naming rights to Lords of Power.

  23. #223
    Heroic Warrior banthafett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,080
    Yeah I think it's the name. When this was first announced, the first thing to cross my mind was, that name is gonna be a problem.

    Two years ago, they released the LOP set, so that name is in more people's heads now then 5 years ago.

  24. #224
    Heroic Warrior ToyCulture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    245
    I can only speculate like everyone else, but "likeness" might be a problem here. From my understanding all original Mark Taylor concepts for Masters of the Universe are property of Mattel too. I wish Mattel would handle these things more generous but lets not forget they cancelled Classics for Super7 too even though a niche high-priced collectors line would hardly compete with Origins.


  25. #225
    Heroic Warrior depp76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    2,412
    I don't see 'this' being resolved by Tuesday for them to start preorders.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •