Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Home Alone: Sweet Home (2021)

Heroic Warrior
    I really wish they had kept Home Alone 2 entirely within the hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    I really wish they had kept Home Alone 2 entirely within the hotel.
    I agree. Having it set entirely in a Hotel and tweaking the story would have made the second movie so much better instead of just being so similar to the first movie. Tim Curry would have been great as the main villain of the movie like maybe a burglar stealing fro the hotel or even still working in the hotel but planning to rob it.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I agree. Having it set entirely in a Hotel and tweaking the story would have made the second movie so much better instead of just being so similar to the first movie. Tim Curry would have been great as the main villain of the movie like maybe a burglar stealing fro the hotel or even still working in the hotel but planning to rob it.
    Curry was simply the best, I was far more enamoured with his performance. I'd have kept Pidgeon Lady, but have her sic his fury on the hotel staff...do something truly Hitchcockian in the lobby with birds.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    Curry was simply the best, I was far more enamoured with his performance. I'd have kept Pidgeon Lady, but have her sic his fury on the hotel staff...do something truly Hitchcockian in the lobby with birds.
    Yes there is so much potential to what they could have done. I would also have liked a completely different setting like maybe in a more isolated area.

So after finally watching the trailer. Why did they use Hall of Te Mountain King as the music?

It dosn't make people think Christmas or Home Alone. Hell if you live in the UK there is something else entirely that music brings to mind.

So in the new movie, the "villains" aren't real villains and are actually the likeable characters while the "hero" of the movie is basically an unlikeable character and thanks to the usual great writers at Disney he is presented as a theif until near the end of the movie.

Wife put this on last night…..turned it off after she saw Keenan Thompson
    She’s like I’m not watching this
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

I watched this ... didn't enjoy it at all but my daughter wanted me to watch it with her.

The following night we watched the first film, and my daughter said it was definitely better.