Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Origins Playset Eternia

Heroic Warrior

Origins Playset Eternia

Origins Playset Eternia would be cool to get after a Snake Mountain, if they can get to it I would like to see it broke down into 3 sets one Tower at a time.

Grayskull Tower W/ Grayskull Man

Viper Tower W/Lady Slither

Castle Central Tower W/ Chief Carnivus

What do you guys think and what figure would you want to see with each Tower?

Leave Grayskull Man out of it. Maybe one of the past rulers of Eternia? That was each tower come with it's lord or lady. Here's my idea...

Central Tower w/ King Miro
    Grayskull Tower w/ Vikor
    Viper Tower w/ King Hiss, but in some alternate color scheme...

I'm not sure about how to really pack with Viper Tower. I like the idea that they would all come with a past ruler, but the Snakemen seem to only have the one, seemingly immoral, king.
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 11/6/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    Leave Grayskull Man out of it. Maybe one of the past rulers of Eternia? That was each tower come with it's lord or lady. Here's my idea...

Central Tower w/ King Miro
    Grayskull Tower w/ Vikor
    Viper Tower w/ King Hiss, but in some alternate color scheme...

I'm not sure about how to really pack with Viper Tower. I like the idea that they would all come with a past ruler, but the Snakemen seem to only have the one, seemingly immoral, king.
    Like your idea, but How about the Nameless one for Viper Tower

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    Like your idea, but How about the Nameless one for Viper Tower
    Is that the "evil Orko"? If so then no. Snakemen don't take orders from lower lifeforms.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 11/6/2021

Would be AMAZING, but I wonder if Mattel would be okay breaking it up into separate parts like that. I imagine Eternia would be preeeetttttyyyyyy expensive lol.

That would be amazing if they made an Origins Eternia. I like the idea of breaking it into 3 separate towers to break up the cost, but at the same time I kind of want it to be packaged like the original with the big beautiful box art. Either way I'd still get it and be super happy.
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    I think it's possible we'll see Eternia as a crowdfunding item on MattelCreations, like they did with the WWE New Generation Arena.

I'd rather they do it in Masterverse scale. Too big is better than too small; it'll work for both toylines (and classics!) that way. But yes, I'd be into any of the ideas presented here.
    Please check out my custom figures. The first few stink but I get better.

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?277602-Masters-of-the-Hadleyverse

I also wrote a fanfic. See the fanfic board. At least four people like it.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I'd rather they do it in Masterverse scale. Too big is better than too small; it'll work for both toylines (and classics!) that way. But yes, I'd be into any of the ideas presented here.
    I like this idea but it would mean they couldn't pack figures with it. Not that hindered the Netflix MOTU toys.

My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 11/6/2021

I like this idea but it would mean they couldn't pack figures with it. Not that hindered the Netflix MOTU toys.

Why couldn't they? They could do King Grayskull in one, Wundar in another, Kuduk in the third, or He-Ro, or Vikor... The Preternian legends are natural fits for pack-ins.

Unless you have your heart set on specific Origins pack-ins, in which case, yeah I get you.

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?277602-Masters-of-the-Hadleyverse

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Why couldn't they? They could do King Grayskull in one, Wundar in another, Kuduk in the third, or He-Ro, or Vikor... The Preternian legends are natural fits for pack-ins.

Unless you have your heart set on specific Origins pack-ins, in which case, yeah I get you.
    I mean if they make it Masterverse scale they couldn't pack in Origins figures and Masterverse figures might be too big as pack-ins.

I have a wild thought make each tower a Hotwheels set. Instead of a monorail each each tower has a Hotwheels track. Then the Central Tower comes with the various cars and accessories.

My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 11/6/2021

I mean if they make it Masterverse scale they couldn't pack in Origins figures and Masterverse figures might be too big as pack-ins.

I have a wild thought make each tower a Hotwheels set. Instead of a monorail each each tower has a Hotwheels track. Then the Central Tower comes with the various cars and accessories.

I follow you now. I thought we were talking about pack-ins in general.

The Hotwheels set idea is pretty hilarious. Makes sense with the MOTU Hotwheels cars!

I don't even like to speculate on things like this, on account of I can't take the heartbreak when they inevitably don't happen.

Man, what I'd give, though. I never had an Eternia playset as a kid so I would definitely find a way to obtain one if they put one out now. I might not, in fact, need both of my kidneys after all. Let's just say, all options would be considered.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Heroic Warrior
    I would not be surprised if Mattel has some plans for the Eternia playset, depending on how the next few waves sell. Eternia is such a legendary play set, it should fly off the shelves... That said, I also think that if they do this, it would be through some kind of kickstarter.

And I wouldn't even know where to put the damn thing, but it sure would be tempting
    Last edited by Lasastard; October 19, 2021 at 08:56am.

I mean it would only be the proper thing to do considering the fact that the majority of collectors never even had a chance to own the original.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I would LOVE an Eternia playset, especially as its shown up in Revelation.
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I would LOVE an Eternia playset, especially as its shown up in Revelation.
    Don't forget Origins Zodac's art work.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 11/6/2021

I would love it too. My only concern is (if)when they get to it. It will be so hard to get and so expensive on the 2nd market

I think Mattel should at least explore the possibility of this. The original set was released 35 years ago, and not many were made, thus their complete unaffordability. It's probably not feasible for retail, but I don't see why they couldn't try to crowdfund it on Mattel Creations.

Widget
    I would love it. Part of the joy of Origins for me is getting things that I didnít have as a kid, or even now, having hunted a lot of stuff down second hand, donít have ones in very good condition. I canít see me ever owning Eternia without a lotto win.

I know they want to stick close to the vintage, but to keep costs down and make it practical, Iíd settle for fewer features, or have them replaced with other more practical / cost-effective ones. The monorail is a big ask. Iíd love the towers, maybe they could do some kind of fabric terrain mat for all three to sit on, and have the vehicles go over land on paths or Ďtracksí printed on that instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Col01 View Post
    I would love it. Part of the joy of Origins for me is getting things that I didnít have as a kid, or even now, having hunted a lot of stuff down second hand, donít have ones in very good condition. I canít see me ever owning Eternia without a lotto win.

I know they want to stick close to the vintage, but to keep costs down and make it practical, Iíd settle for fewer features, or have them replaced with other more practical / cost-effective ones. The monorail is a big ask. Iíd love the towers, maybe they could do some kind of fabric terrain mat for all three to sit on, and have the vehicles go over land on paths or Ďtracksí printed on that instead?
    C'mon, that's just chincy. You can't just remove one of the set's defining features and replace it with some dollar-store level rendering. I'd rather not get anything than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    C'mon, that's just chincy. You can't just remove one of the set's defining features and replace it with some dollar-store level rendering. I'd rather not get anything than that.

Yeah, if anything the entire execution of Origins - especially in the vehicles and even to some degree the Grayskull playset - is in making "fixes" or small improvements to the originals. The vehicles being larger with more gimmicks, for example, or some of the little improvements in Grayskull's construction which make certain parts less likely to break, having things that were originally cardboard be molded in plastic, and so on.

So if they WERE to do an Eternia Playset, I can see a HUGE point of it being to not only have the monorail track, but to have said tracks be made of a more-sturdy and less-breakable plastic. I'll never own a vintage Eternia, but I do poke around online for fun and it seems that the single biggest issue with finding one loose in good shape is that the monorail tracks are very brittle. It's almost impossible to find one that has a complete, unbroken track. And I'm aware that some people online produce and sell replacement parts for that specific reason, as well.

So IF Mattel deigned to give us an updated Eternia playset for Origins, I think it's safe to say that Priority One would be to upgrade the track. Just based on their track record with the entire line, thus far, and those incremental improvements over the originals. Otherwise, I can't see how they'd even bother making it.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Quote Originally Posted by Zenshift View Post
    Would be AMAZING, but I wonder if Mattel would be okay breaking it up into separate parts like that. I imagine Eternia would be preeeetttttyyyyyy expensive lol.
    One of the towers will be a Power-Con 2022 exclusive that will be on sale at 6pm but sold out at 5:59pm. Luckily you will be able to get the missing tower on eBay with a little markup of 1000%.

I don't collect Origins.... but I'd sure buy an Origins Eternia playset!