Page 213 of 213 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213
Results 5,301 to 5,312 of 5312

Thread: Origins: General News

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorimir View Post
    I would have paid 30 bucks for Camo But shipping to Europe and taxes made it 46 euros. I'm not paying that for a Deluxe Cobra Khan ir any other figure. 30 is my top... If prices for over It I'm done...
    Shipping and tax within the US made it roughly $40. This is probably the closest international prices have been to the US in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Secret View Post
    Shipping and tax within the US made it roughly $40. This is probably the closest international prices have been to the US in awhile.
    Mine was exactly $40

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 12/6/2022

Court Magician
    was watching this on youtube and I wasn't shocked Mattel Creations could be this scummy.

basically, this was a story submitted by another customer of Mattel Creations whom pre-ordered three WWE New Generation Arena sets with 3 exclusive ultimate series Macho Man Randy Savage figures. and this was during the early bird pre-orders to get those figures. Now the guy gets the rings and finds 1 Macho Man figure and 2 MOTU Origins Grizzlor figures, the dude is upset by this and sends the Grizzlors back and Mattel Creations straight out rips the guy off sending him a $30 refund, now we all have seen the WWE Ultimates figures at retail for $30, and two of them would cost around $50 to $60!
    Last edited by LuckyDearly; December 4, 2022 at 02:46am.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDearly View Post
    was watching this on youtube and I wasn't shocked Mattel Creations could be this scummy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZSPjtVt8bo

basically, this was a story submitted by another customer of Mattel Creations whom pre-ordered three WWE New Generation Arena sets with 3 exclusive ultimate series Macho Man Randy Savage figures. and this was during the early bird pre-orders to get those figures. Now the guy gets the rings and finds 1 Macho Man figure and 2 MOTU Origins Grizzlor figures, the dude is upset by this and sends the Grizzlors back and Mattel Creations straight out rips the guy off sending him a $30 refund, now we all have seen the WWE Ultimates figures at retail for $30, and two of them would cost around $50 to $60!
    The whole ordeal has been crazy for a few months before eternia even went up. Missing figures, missing pieces, broken pieces, electronics that don't work. Mattel would tell one person they have no replacement, then turn around and tell someone else to send it back for replacement (for same issue). Partial refunds. Varied amounts. Seems a nightmare.

It's why I was hesitant to even back eternia. They already made people mad by screwing around with KG being available to all if it hit a certain number. Could be a giant cluster fudge.

And what about people who ordered grizzlor in first round, but didn't get it because they sent them for something else.

Bang Your Head
    Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    The whole ordeal has been crazy for a few months before eternia even went up. Missing figures, missing pieces, broken pieces, electronics that don't work. Mattel would tell one person they have no replacement, then turn around and tell someone else to send it back for replacement (for same issue). Partial refunds. Varied amounts. Seems a nightmare.

It's why I was hesitant to even back eternia. They already made people mad by screwing around with KG being available to all if it hit a certain number. Could be a giant cluster fudge.

And what about people who ordered grizzlor in first round, but didn't get it because they sent them for something else.
    The first Shogun Skeletor that was offered, I ended up returning it because it was missing his missile hand. The tie holding it in place was broken, and some of the ties in the package were missing. When I reached out to customer support via email, it was a nightmare with the back and fourths. One of the things they requested was a number that I had no clue where it was and it sounded like it was on the figure itself. I just told them that I want a return label and would like a replacement or refund because I didn't have the time to give them what they wanted (I was working 6 days a week and 14-16 hours a day at the time, and this was the last thing I wanted to spend my time on with my day off).
    I finally had the chance to send the thing off and I waited months expecting a refund or replacement, and I finally looked up the tracking number... it still had not been delivered to Mattel and looks to have been lost in transit. I reached out to Mattel and didn't give them any slack, and told them this was the worst experience I have ever had with them and that for what I paid on this item, I wanted it back, shipping included. I got what I wanted, but I am still without that Shogun Skeletor (as weird as this sounds, I hope that the one I sent back found its way to a nice home). I can't bring myself to purchase any of those pet projects of theirs that aren't mainline MOTU after that experience. It's too risky on what you'll get. The mailer box on that Skeletor was damaged, thus the figure box had some slight damage to it as well. After receiving the Haslab Galactus, and it arriving in 2 boxes, I'd like to see Mattel do that with those Shogun figures going forward...

Not that I want any company to go belly-up and fail (except for maybe Super 7 because of their hubris), or watch the world burn, but sometimes a wildfire now and again might be nice to set things right.

Mattel is in business to make money. Period.

BUT, this doesn't mean that they can't be ethical, civil and humble once in a while... customers are their bread-and-butter (obviously), so why not treat them with respect? Do whatever needs to be done to make the customer happy and I guarantee that they will come back - even if the product they want might be more expensive, because they like being appreciated and treated like they matter. (Because they do!)

It seems the days of going above and beyond in the name of customer service grow fewer each year... and we are all worse off because of it.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Not that I want any company to go belly-up and fail (except for maybe Super 7 because of their hubris), or watch the world burn, but sometimes a wildfire now and again might be nice to set things right.

BUT, this doesn't mean that they can't be ethical, civil and humble once in a while... customers are their bread-and-butter (obviously), so why not treat them with respect? Do whatever needs to be done to make the customer happy and I guarantee that they will come back - even if the product they want might be more expensive, because they like being appreciated and treated like they matter. (Because they do!)

It seems the days of going above and beyond in the name of customer service grow fewer each year... and we are all worse off because of it.
    Totally agree. The insane amounts adult collectors spend has left Hasbro and Mattel thinking there's no limit to what they can get away with. To the point where serious money is left on the table because they're nickel and diming even with crowdfunds! But Mattel's biggest problem, in my view, is there's no consistency with anything. Not distribution, release times, Creations, exclusives... nothing. I just don't understand, it's nearly 2023!

I also agree with all of your post...

Screwups are inevitable to happen here and there, but it's up to the customer service to fix it especially with the sincere customers who're purchasing your products and taking the risk by paying upfront!
    If something cannot be replaced, at least offer a full refund and take it as a business loss out of your taxes, rather than losing your fanbase altogether.
    Creativity is addictive.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    Mine was exactly $40
    That's odd, I'm only a few states away and mine was 38.15 exactly. Maybe tax differences?

- - - Updated - - -

I understand what you're saying but sometimes I look at it like this: Mattel and these origins figures are basically the "fast food" of toy collecting. There's tons of customers, sure, but we want as high as quality product with the best service possible at the lowest cost possible.

You recently bought a Darkstalker's Demitri figure (which looks awesome BTW). You paid a good amount and expect (rightfully so) a high quality figure and excellent customer service.

With Origins we want to pay less than the cost of 4 breakfast biscuits from Hardee's (Carl's Jr. to some of you) and get our favorite figures with all the bells and whistles.

Origins aren't "cheap" by any means but I guess I'm wondering, what current line out there is? For me and the things I want to collect, it's the cheapest product I buy (excluding Eternia).
    It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    That's odd, I'm only a few states away and mine was 38.15 exactly. Maybe tax differences?
    That's not odd at all. taxes can be different for city to city, or if you go outside the city limits with out crossing into another city.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 12/6/2022

Mine was $39.23.

Also, FedEx shipping notice has been created so, its on its way very soon! Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Mine was $39.23.

Also, FedEx shipping notice has been created so, its on its way very soon! Yay!
    Same here.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 12/6/2022