Page 175 of 206 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,375 of 5138

Thread: Origins: General News

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    This may be a dumb question, will it be available on bbts or ee in the near future?
    Unless it's an Amazon exclusive.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 11/25/2022

First Snakemen wave up for preorder at GameStop if you wanna go that route.

For what it's worth, I'm glad we're getting substitutes for gimmicks like neck piece or plastic acid spit so as long as they don't pull Classics and throw their hands in the air while making Sy-Klone or Blast-Attak...

Got my 40th 4-pack in today. I know people are griping about the price but, I think they did a wonderful job on the TV inspired packaging and the cartoon-styled figures. I think I’m going to display the box with an old rabbit-ear antenna on top!

My real only grip is the thickness of the inner boxes- they’re real flimsy like regular cardstock. Could have used something that would stand up to handling better.

I placed a pre-order with Game Stop for Rattlor, Kobra Khan and Bolt Man. I've never ordered from their website what's it like?

My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 11/25/2022

Quote Originally Posted by binkibonsai View Post
    Too... Many... He... Men...

That being said, do ye suppose they'll at least give the ripper a pull back motor?

I don't reckon I'll be rushing to grab any more origins so this inquiry is more a matter of curiosity.

If not maybe they'll price it the same as Adam and the sky sled.
    A great question - at least THAT would be a suitable update to the action feature of the ripper and one less thing to lose. THAT is the kind ingenuity I'd like to see in the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    Corporate US has changed since the 80s.
    I think it’s hard to find places where the creatives / designers get so much freedom and faith and support as it was with MOTU in the 80s.
    I know it a bit from advertising and publishing– the finance people are running the show, and a lot of them are not that creative (but great at finance). I think there are some very talented and passionate people around, but they do not get to do their thing at these big companies.

Mostly, it’s smaller places that give that vibe these days, wether it’s movies, music, toys…

And then, costs have changed, prices for different things went up in ways that you just can’t make money that way anymore. There is just stuff you can’t do anymore. We’re talking the whole mass-produced, retail line, of course.

On the other hand, I’m still mostly very happy with Origins. It is really done for the fans. I do see passion and love in them. All the artwork, we even got an iteration of mini comics!
    I just got Snout Pout and while there’s a lot of workaround here, it has a lot going on.

That said, Mekaneck really ticks me off, along with Rattlor etc.
    They could have done a pull-out action… but having loose pieces of neck lying around, it just sucks.
    Agreed with you Cosmic and OP, ORKO, that there was so much more creativity and heart from the original designers. I do see it in the artwork now still, but the figures are lacking that spark. I also agree that nowadays creatives and real talents are so much harder to come by in the corporate world - look no further than the "music" industry, which is quite literally dead. All that exists are gatekeepers and celebrities with microphones and teams of "songwriters" doing the actual work while the star profits off their talent. Image is everything, substances is absolutely nothing. I dare say you can sense that in a lot other fields these days too. It's essentially capitalism gone rampant to the point of all the big fish eating the smaller fish and monopolies running every market from food, to toys, to music, to electronics even. It's a scary time to be living in that sense - everything is so formulaic and if it isn't, it only stays magical long enough for a monstrous company to eat it and gobble it up for their own monetary means, not for the soul of the product.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Counterpoint - gimmicks are what powered the creation of some of the most creative characters.

I'll admit that Two-Bad could have just been cool double-headed monster and no one will miss his gimmick that badly once they announce him in Origins but most guys like Stinkor, Extendar, Man-E-Faces, Modulok, Sy-Klone were all invented specifically around their gimmick. Most of those characters didn't have backstory giving context to who they are, they needed some instant pitch to make them memorable. Blast-Attak would never be invented if he didn't split.
    EXACTLY! The entire character assortment was practically based off their action features. Half of them are NAMED after their feature! How in the hell does Mattel not get that through their thickened hair brained skulls is beyond me....

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    I placed a pre-order with Game Stop for Rattlor, Kobra Khan and Bolt Man. I've never ordered from their website what's it like?

Never purchased origins from them but I get a lot of Star Wars and Funko and the shipping has always been good. Not sure what they do with the long card, though. The only thing I would keep an eye on is that they will probably send them separately and might try to charge you shipping on each figure(after a free shipping purchase). I’ve had to call them more times than I want to count to get the charge taken off. It’s a pain in the rear

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post

Delayed orders, canceled orders, I’m done even trying with GameStop.

Quote Originally Posted by JaseT View Post
    Delayed orders, canceled orders, I’m done even trying with GameStop.
    I don't want to yuck in anyone's yum... but, GameStop has become one of the worst online AND brick-&-mortar stores in the past couple of years.

They stopped offering free shipping for Pro-Members, raised their membership cost, and only let you apply coupons to a very select number of items. Plus, coupons expire after 90 days...

Add to that their notoriously awful customer service, laughable trade-in prices, and WAY overpriced merchandise (including USED GAMES?!?), and it's a wonder Target, Amazon, eBay and Best Buy haven't put 'em out of business yet.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

I don't buy anything from GameStop anymore either for those very reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I don't want to yuck in anyone's yum... but, GameStop has become one of the worst online AND brick-&-mortar stores in the past couple of years.

They stopped offering free shipping for Pro-Members, raised their membership cost, and only let you apply coupons to a very select number of items. Plus, coupons expire after 90 days...

Add to that their notoriously awful customer service, laughable trade-in prices, and WAY overpriced merchandise (including USED GAMES?!?), and it's a wonder Target, Amazon, eBay and Best Buy haven't put 'em out of business yet.
    Thank you for the warning... That's why I'd rather wait and get my items from reliable sources. At lease if things go wrong, you'd be able to get a replacement or your money back without a lot of headaches.
    Creativity is addictive.

Heroic Warrior Ultimate Sorceress's Avatar
    Thanks for posting this. It's pricey but I know that I will be placing my order next week!

I like the new pics of the playset. Seems like there will be three or four main gimmicks.
    Last edited by Ultimate Sorceress; October 4, 2022 at 02:53am.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Ugh. I just saw that and I am not financially ready for this!

They(YoTengoElPoder) also claim Camo Khan will be announced tomorrow
    Last edited by Glasstor; October 4, 2022 at 03:09am.

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Ugh. I just saw that and I am not financially ready for this!

They(YoTengoElPoder) also claim Camo Khan will be announced tomorrow
    Mattel Creations are truly being vampiric this October. I reeeeeeeeeally want Camo Khan but think my chances are pretty slim. Knowing my luck it will go on sale this Friday when I'm travelling back to Australia :/

Heroic Warrior
    So, Unicron pricing huh? Doesn't quite seem the same... We'll see how right they are. Hope they're wrong about the earlybird crap, that's one of the things that spoils Kickstarters. Just make it a damned pre-production order and nothing else, Mattel. No early-bird, no tiers or stretch bonuses - just one product, and one price.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Sorceress View Post
    Mattel Creations are truly being vampiric this October. I reeeeeeeeeally want Camo Khan but think my chances are pretty slim. Knowing my luck it will go on sale this Friday when I'm travelling back to Australia :/
    Surely you'll have no trouble getting someone local to grab an extra for you ;p
    Last edited by JJJ; October 4, 2022 at 03:24am.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Surely you'll have no trouble getting someone local to grab an extra for you ;p
    Hehe. It might mean a few peeps here ask their partners to wake up at 3am Let's see when the sale goes live.

I'd prefer Camo Khan to go on sale in November or December as it'd be closer to the first retail Origins Snake Men wave. But what do I know about marketing?!

I also think the order window for Eternia should last from now til December. It'd give people time to budget and make things a little easier financially. $550 plus shipping is a lot!

That would be over 700€ then.
    Easy pass in this case. I'm not playing along with Mattel's greed.

*uncontrollable hysterical laughter*

*wheeze*

*dull thud*

Vote with your wallet.

Companies will stop predatory business practices when we stop rewarding it and scrabbling for the newest shiny like brain-damaged junkies.

I'm assuming this is going to be the official MOTUesday announcement along with Camo Khan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by binkibonsai View Post

*uncontrollable hysterical laughter*

*wheeze*

*dull thud*

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Really wanted 2 King Grayskulls but cannot afford 2 Eternias! Would be nice if they add the option to add a second one to your order for the usual $18 price.

Price is about what I was expecting, though I do wish it weren't going up for pre-order until first quarter 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    Really wanted 2 King Grayskulls but cannot afford 2 Eternias! Would be nice if they add the option to add a second one to your order for the usual $18 price.
    You better hope someone will be putting him on ebay separately.

So, no weapon or any accessories for the king?

Ugh why do they have to do it right before the holidays……..
    Also the 5000 minimum should be automatic
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    Ugh why do they have to do it right before the holidays……..
    Also the 5000 minimum should be automatic
    The timing is bad for the holidays and also anyone waiting on Mondo’s Battle Cat. Kind of a double whammy for me. Eternia is about $150 north of where I hoped it would be. Gonna have to think on this one.