Page 86 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 2705

Thread: Origins: General News

I always turn into a nervous chihuahua with these drops lol.

Just got the email about the figure and sale. Way to go mattel. But get emails days in advance for their art garbage and other crap no one wants.

20 minutes in, seems still avalaible. I got mine in the first minute lol.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Got my two, no problems
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Just hope Wun-Dar goes this smoothly.

I got 2. Since it isn't sold out yet, anyone that was on the site at the start of the sale should have been able to get one. Are there any more MOTU exclusives coming soon?

Sold out, so about the same time as the first run of Tri-Klops. Not bad for an obscure Filmation figure.

Wow. 45 minutes. That was a heck of alot faster than I thought it would be.

Heroic Warrior
    Damnit... Forgot about this guy today

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I got 2. Since it isn't sold out yet, anyone that was on the site at the start of the sale should have been able to get one. Are there any more MOTU exclusives coming soon?
    Wun-Dar was revealed the same time as Koldar and they were both listed as coming out this spring. That give them about three weeks to get him out. There are also two more yet to be announced motu figures coming this fall.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 7/3/2022

I'm surprised how many of you need two of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    I'm still really surprised that out of all the awesome Filmation created characters that Mattel chose to go with this guy first. I wonder what the thinking was behind that decision.
    My guess is they wanted to do someone who never got a toy before. The way Kol-Darr is designed, he literally looks as if his creator hoped he'll get a toy.

What I find funny is that the first two characters they went with are both named "-Dar". What are next 2 releases, Eldor and Keldor?

So, I'm understanding that after this big reveal and countdown, now we have to wait all the way to August for him? That bites. I'm used to thinking that once you can actually see the toy in the package, it will be out in less than a month.I hope at least minicomic somehow leaks earlier...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    Just got the email about the figure and sale. Way to go mattel. But get emails days in advance for their art garbage and other crap no one wants.
    12:08 PM they sent me an email to say that he drops today, 5 minutes after I already purchased one lol.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Had a bit of a delay with the stupid captcha thing,
    Had similar and I wish they would stop requiring people to have an understanding of how precisely terms are used in the US. I had to stop and think what the term "tractor" means there - obviously the farm machine but doesn't it also mean a lorry's cab unit and is there anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by timrollpickering2 View Post
    I'm a little curious about the Hot Wheels membership as some of the items on there have membership listed on the page (e.g. the Batmobile) but others don't (e.g. the MOTU character car set). Is it only the former ones that require membership in hand or would adding the latter trigger off check out problems?
    To answer my own question it seems it's only items that flag the exclusivity and/or offer membership at the same time. So the character cars are available to all. I think the Barbie section handles this better with the explicit term "Member exclusive" displayed and so they're well placed for the increased attention they're getting at the moment.

Got 3! Was in and out of the site within about 3 minutes - no issues!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Two is minimum, one to keep on card, one to pose and "play with". Not talking about the scalpers buying 5. 60$ already on eBay...

Widget
    I didn’t get a figure…

But I did get flashbacks to every other time Mattel has burned me in the past with their short-lived availability after months of waiting.

I can’t wait to do this all over again for Wun-Dar.

Well that sucks. I didn't even know this was happening till right now and it is already sold out. I'm pretty tired of the false scarcity. Not sure why it has to be this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    I'm a MOC collector. For me, it is kind of insurance against getting one in bad shape. Usually, the whole order isn't bad unless the shipping box gets heavily damaged in the mail. If it is a very large item, expensive, or a bunch of other things are on sale at the same time, then I might only get one. Shipping is the same for 1 or 2 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by whakojacko View Post
    12:08 PM they sent me an email to say that he drops today, 5 minutes after I already purchased one lol.
    Yeah, I got my order confirmation email at 11:03 and then the Mattel Creations email for the drop at 11:06.

I have to assume that a D-Lister like Kol-Darr selling out in under an hour bodes well for this brand.

That said, he doesn't require a lot of tooling, and I have no idea how many were actually made.
    Odd Man Out

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I'm a MOC collector. For me, it is kind of insurance against getting one in bad shape. Usually, the whole order isn't bad unless the shipping box gets heavily damaged in the mail. If it is a very large item, expensive, or a bunch of other things are on sale at the same time, then I might only get one. Shipping is the same for 1 or 2 as well.
    This is a good plan. One of my mini comic Tri-Klopses looked fine from the outside, but inside the mailer the cardback was bent up like an accordian. The other one was perfect.

I decided to skip it. It doesn't look very much like the source material and is mostly recycled tooling.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I decided to skip it. It doesn't look very much like the source material and is mostly recycled tooling.
    Yeah I decided to skip it as well (honestly don’t remember him from Filmation or think it looks very good) but damn it, there is still a feeling of “I missed out” or “maybe one day I’ll regret not grabbing it”.

I think that’s the idea behind limited release. Create FOMO so people just blindly buy it.
    Calling all fellow Aussies to post in the Australian Collectors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Welcome to MOTU.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 7/3/2022