Page 17 of 78 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Origins: General News

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    They may be lame but in a good way
    True true.

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    One thing we need to remember is that stuff that was supposed to be in stores for Christmas just hit due to the dock issues. This is one time that we can't judge a situation by the shelves, at least not yet.
    Changed my blog Alexis' Treasures!/ Finally updated the address, now takes you to my toy blog again!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisLasek View Post
    One thing we need to remember is that stuff that was supposed to be in stores for Christmas just hit due to the dock issues. This is one time that we can't judge a situation by the shelves, at least not yet.
    It's really too bad because if the product had been this plentiful throughout 2021 there may have been more time to seed MOTU into the minds of kids. Frankly I'm not entirely sure I buy into the idea that Mattel cares so much about the kid buyer for MOTU at least not initially. Regardless of what Toy Guru has been saying, entire retail lines can be directed towards the adult collector and still be successful. I won't labor this point as this issue has been discussed to death, but it's worth noting that Marvel Legends has been successful I would argue larger due to adult buyers. Sure kids buy Marvel lines, especially due to the movies, but collectors by the thousands snatch up entire waves the minute they hit pegs. In other words, AF lines can abide at retail due to collector/adult buyers and still be considered by and large successful. I wonder if this is the mind set Mattel is going with where MOTU in all its various iterations is concerned.

Ultimately a company the size of Mattel can afford to take a loss on MOTU while it's getting started again. Furthermore likely retailers want to keep Mattel happy and keep that shelf space open for their product even if it does linger as Origins tends to do. The real question is when the inevitable attrition and consolidation of lines happens as retailers and Mattel assess what's working and what isn't, which MOTU lines will survive? I keep thinking 2022 will be the year that assessment and attrition happens-- and with Target resets happening this weekend seeing what stays should be telling-- but perhaps it's too soon to tell.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    I never owned any of the Meteorbs when I was a kid, but I do remember seeing them in stores near the end of the line and thinking how they just didn't "fit in". I didn't have the desire to collect them then and still don't now, which is why I really didn't miss them not being made in Classics.
    I had a few but they weren’t “must haves” for me as a kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    The fact that pretty much every toy department is wiped out of toys but there are massive amounts of masters sitting is a cause of concern.
    LOL! Wat?
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 5/14/2022

Only toy aisles still wiped from Christmas by me are the hot wheels and Lego sections. Action figure aisles are loaded to max. Transformers, Joes, power rangers and motu etc… everything
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

At my stores….Star wars is gone the day it comes in, gi Joe movie figures went to the clearance aisle in most stores. Power rangers, keeps selling out fast as well. Transformers is well stocked, but quick turnover. My target toy departments might as well be renamed motu departments.

Lego and hot wheels is a major problem at every store I’ve been to. Dollar stores included. I have know idea what happened with hot wheels. I guess the fact it’s a cheap toy?

On the adult collector side, I’m seeing targets well stocked with Neca and now even Walmarts are expanded the collectibles section to include a lot more Neca toys.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    LOL! Wat?
    Yes, smitty. When a bunch of product sits and doesn’t sell….that’s a problem. I know we love walking in toy toy departments and having it look like 1985, but it’s not 1985. Stores want product to sell. Not sit and collect dust.

Mattel has just shown wave 8 of origins which is not new and shown 2 of the 4 figures slated for mattel creations. I’m waiting for new product to be announced at retail.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Heroic Warrior
    This spring Mattel Creations will offer Wun-Darr and Kol-Darr and later in the fall there will be 2 more mystery Origins figures up on Mattel Creations.

https://toynewsi.com/13-41536

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    LOL! Wat?
    Here in Europe, (where I live, not entire Europe) there are no origins in stores whatsoever. Immediately sold out. And we didn't even get wave 6. I also never got a ninjor, Tri klops, Stratos, roboto and merman here. Had to import them from BBTS. Mattel's distribution is horrible. I hope we can buy Origins soon in Mattel creations.

Quote Originally Posted by 0RK0 View Post
    Here in Europe, (where I live, not entire Europe) there are no origins in stores whatsoever. Immediately sold out. And we didn't even get wave 6. I also never got a ninjor, Tri klops, Stratos, roboto and merman here. Had to import them from BBTS. Mattel's distribution is horrible. I hope we can buy Origins soon in Mattel creations.
    That's wired because I had to get Trapjaw and Man-E-Faces from the UK...

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 5/14/2022

Heroic Warrior
    Here in the UK you either have to preorder Origins or buy on the day of release. Anything else is asking for trouble. Even Amazon isn't reliable. Pre-pandemic there was no rhyme nor reason to delivery times for e/retailers and there still isn't. Smyths, the only major toy chain, seems to get one big lot to distribute between it's stores and that's all. Basically a wave lasts, at most, 2 weeks. And that's individual store-dependant.

Just to confuse matters however, Origins wave 5 hit a few online places again recently! This sorta madness is why I'm still doing safety orders all round the place!

Heroic Warrior
    Anyone know when Wun-Darr's coming?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    Anyone know when Wun-Darr's coming?
    Far as I know 'Spring' is all we've been told?

I hope he comes with a loaf of bread again. I missed out on the Classics version.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    Dear lord please. I hope this line finishes all the vintage figures. I know that’s a tall order, but with the now 40 year old figures starting to follow the laws of physics, I look at this line as a legacy line…protecting the past figures. I’m hoping mattel doesn’t go “Mattel” and these lines keep trucking. Even if it moves online to keep going.

I love classics and always will, but origins brings back those memories of being a kid again.
    At the absolute least, I would love to see them get through the last few heavy hitters from the vintage line— Moss Man, Mekanek, Two Bad, Kobra Kahn, Whiplash, Sy Klone, Spikor, and King Hiss. Any after that would be gravy IMO.

Heroic Warrior
    Target circle has 15% off masters of the universe until Feb 5th.
    032782E2-9019-4CEE-A7E9-18BC79A27DE9.jpeg

I had a gift card and some earned credit on Target's app, and with 15% off, managed to get a Stridor shipped to me for nothing! He should arrive tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I had a gift card and some earned credit on Target's app, and with 15% off, managed to get a Stridor shipped to me for nothing! He should arrive tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.
    Nice.

Order Success from DeepDiscount.com?

Hello! Has anyone in the group ordered from DeepDiscount.com? They have a few Origins items for pre-order (wave 8) but was wondering if anyone in the group has had success with any of the other waves there in the past. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MOTUBryan79 View Post
    Hello! Has anyone in the group ordered from DeepDiscount.com? They have a few Origins items for pre-order (wave 8) but was wondering if anyone in the group has had success with any of the other waves there in the past. Thanks!
    I have ordered from them three times or so and have never had any problems. It's where I got my vintage head He-Man and Skeletor. They are definitely a legit company.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm calling it now, Origins will end in early 2023

I disagree but to each his own
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

I'm glad you finally put a date on it. You've been calling for the end for like 9 months now. I'm not saying you are wrong because how would I know. But I respect that you are calling your shot unlike ToyGuru who keeps saying it's gonna end but doesn't say when. If you never call your shot then when it eventually ends you can just say see! I was right!

So what do you think, 2 more waves, 9 and 10? Easy reprints like Grizzlor, Night Stalker, Mekanek, mini comic Trap Jaw, Zodak, whiplash...

I hope you're wrong. I want a Tuvar and Badra 2 pack really bad.
    Last edited by jibernish; January 26, 2022 at 10:24pm.

Court Magician
    Oh, here we go again.

Well fine, I can play the stupid game too.

Origins isn't allowed to finish until we get a new Modulok, and I can buy it off the shelf here in central Australia.

Nyah!

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    I disagree but to each his own
    I’m definitely concerned about retail, but with mattel creations having 4 exclusives this year, this line could go online and survive. Prices just keep going up and there are 3 different motu lines to compete with each other.

I want so bad to have the vintage line finished, but with the repaints being so heavy in origins that seems to be slipping away.

Fact is they are still at retail. Walmart and target resets carried them forward and Mattel has not said anything about origins ending.
    Comedian on the matty forums.