Page 178 of 213 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,450 of 5305

Thread: Origins: General News

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Are those wings on the comic behind He-Man? Since they often (not always) put characters in the same wave in the comic together, could we be getting a winged figure/beast soon? Is there anything winged in the Snake Men lore?

Personally, I'd love to get Swiftwind and a Griffin someday soon.
    Those are pretty big wings since they fill the whole cover. The middle of cover is definitely TP He-Man and King Hiss facing each other, which made me think that this is some kind of stadium and they're fighting in the arena. But it could be wings too. Title seems to have "of the" in it. "King of the snakes", perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by ToyCulture View Post
    Pretty lame Mattel skipped the action figure. How hard can it be to design something so simple?
    Probably because of the ball join arms. The hole is quite deep. Either way, good or bad reason for skipping the action feature- he's not for me

Quote Originally Posted by binkibonsai View Post
    ... Is it just me or does it seem like Thunder Punch's action gimmick is just the urine splash?

That does not look worth the $25 price tag. He's just a basic figure!

https://media.entertainmentearth.com...258f9f39xl.jpg
    No vac metal on the harness??

The callout on the card clearly states there is a thunder punch action feature. This would otherwise not be a deluxe figure. I think complaints about it should cease until we learn how the feature works. Based on the backpack it looks like there might be electronic sounds? I dunno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    No vac metal on the harness??
    Yeah I noticed that as well. Looks more like a flatter gray with a bit of sheen. Some of their design choices are boggling to me lol.

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Ever since I made the decision to get in fairly deep with Origins, I've been looking forward to the Snake Men. The only Snake Man I was allowed to get as a kid (other than Kobra Khan, if you want to count him) was Tung Lashor. My mom doesn't like snakes and she thought they were creepy; I guess she thought they would warp my fragile little mind or something. I thoroughly enjoyed the Snake Men in Classics and thought it would be fun to have the more "toy like" version of Origins that I missed from my childhood. Now that they're here, however, I have very mixed feelings.

I was especially looking forward to King Hiss. I never was particularly broken up about missing out on most of the Snake Men as a kid, but I always really wanted King Hiss. I always felt like this Origins figure would remedy what I recognize as an adult to be a pretty poorly designed original toy, and also be a "toy like" King Hiss that I could actually have in my collection. However, this figure is tremendously disappointing to me. His snake form is just...terrible. When they first revealed him, I was in state of denial. I told myself, "Surely the final version won't be banana yellow" and "surely it'll look a little more detailed and imposing in the final version." But apparently no: King Hiss' snake form does indeed look like a Happy Meal toy for 3 year olds. I honestly don't know where to go from here. A part of me almost wants you guys to perpetuate my denial; to tell me that it'll look better in hand or something. I could just get him and leave him in human disguise form all the time; he looks fine that way. However, even if I did that, every time I would look at those cold, false eyes and that knowing derisive smirk, I would hear him saying to me "You know deep down that I'm a trash toy."

And honestly, I don't feel much better about the other Snake Men. What is the deal with Rattlor? Why does it look like his torso is 3.5 in tall and his legs are 1.5 in tall? I know his original toy was kind of like this too, but I assume that was to allow for the action feature. Why does the Origins figure need to look like this? And you know what? Maybe it's not actually as bad as it looks, but I literally can't find a single picture of the Origins figure where his knees aren't bent up like he's... we'll I won't say it. Anyway, why is he posed like this in every picture? Is his tail rigid in that position and the goofy poise is the only way to keep him balanced? I honestly don't know. And even as someone who doesn't like action features, Kobra Khan without the action feature is just...uninteresting. At least Classics Kobra Khan was pretty much the pinnacle of the character aesthetically; this figure doesn't really bring anything to the table. It mimics a goofy looking action feature figure without actually having the action feature; it's the worst of both worlds. And why does he have hairy arms?

I'm honestly on the fence about even getting the Snake Men at all now.

Quote Originally Posted by eightbit View Post
    I've pre-ordered all of the new figures except those Sun-Man figures. I have come to the decision that I am not going to have those in my collection as I just have no nostalgia for them (never owned those as a kid nor did I follow the adventures of "Sun-Man") and quite honestly all of their faces look quite durpy.
    I feel the same way. I got Sun Man when he was released because I think his real world backstory is noteworthy, and he makes an interesting addition to the collection. His character design is also sufficient enough to merit inclusion. However, I have no connection to the lore and don't gravitate to the designs of any of the other characters. I think it's cool that it exists for those who are familiar with it, but I imagine that's a small group. I do think that some of the human figures have good face/head sculpts for more diverse looks for people who may like to create their own characters. Or you could have a really diverse squad of unhelmeted Eternian Palace Guards. That's pretty cool too.

Oh, and on the topic of TP He-Man: When I first looked at him, I was like "Why on earth is this figure deluxe?" I forgot about the vac metal shield, but that still doesn't make it worth it to me. Of course, I don't care about TP He-Man anyway, so that might have something to do with it. For those thinking that there is some action feature that hasn't been mentioned even as the item is in preorder...well, I think you guys must have found my King Hiss Denial Juice.
    Last edited by Sword2Blanket; October 5, 2022 at 11:52am.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymousmoose View Post
    I had a think over the last few days and decided to buy a vintage Mekaneck due to lack of 'pull-out action' on the Origins. Managed to snag a complete one for $27.50 AUD today.
    https://i.postimg.cc/Qt2SzYcR/s-l1600-1-1.jpg

I don't mind Fisto's arm missing spring-action. But the neck extension needing the head to come off - nah
    Yeah, some figures really need their action feature, and Mekaneck is one of them.

I am considering tracking down a vintage Thunder Punch He-Man for the same reason. It was the only variant of He-Man I had as a kid, so to see his gimmick removed is really sad.

I especially hate the fact that Mattel are charging deluxe prices for the Origins version, when he doesn't even come with a second head or a pseudo ring of caps.

Even the Classics one came with facsimile caps to replicate how they fit inside the armour and shield.

Well as expected my Mekaneck/Ground Ripper set status changed today on the day it was to be delivered to "order received" lol. Of course it hadn't even shipped yet so I've just been waiting for that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    ...Banana Yellow Juice.
    I dunno, if I weren't out of space I would have considered getting King Hiss. I rather like the bright neon colours of Origins and it tempted me to get figures I otherwise never would have looked at, such as Faker.

Just as well I don't have room for the snake men or more sun people.

Otherwise I'd take Hiss apart, give him a normal torso and slot the snake torso and limbs onto another set of legs (maybe grab a Skeletor on sale) so I have him in his human and snake form (kinda-sorta). I like their modular nature so Hiss continues to tempt me.

Fairly certain that origins is a collector line now so I think we'll be seeing less action features going forward.
    Last edited by binkibonsai; October 5, 2022 at 02:55pm. Reason: Banana Yellow!

Vote with your wallet.

Companies will stop predatory business practices when we stop rewarding it and scrabbling for the newest shiny like brain-damaged junkies.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Yeah I noticed that as well. Looks more like a flatter gray with a bit of sheen. Some of their design choices are boggling to me lol.
    They had a hard enough time with VUM on Flying Fists He-Man and Terror Claws Skeletor. Typically the armor is made from a more rubbery plastic so putting VMU on that may be impossible or they were concerned about how long it would last.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 12/3/2022

TP He-Man is such a hard pill for me to swallow. This was it - the guy was going to stop at. No translucent yellow sword? What the hell were they thinking? It's some fugly gold solid mass now and it's atrocious to my eyes. Even CLASSICS got this right!

The non action feature really burns me too, vac-metal or not. Caps (or even a snap) or bust. I hate that his harness is now a removable backpack - that sucker should have been built into the figure just like the original. Mattel is phoning this crap in - right on the heels of charging us MORE for less ALA Eternia. Great job, Mattel!

I'm surprised harness being removable was so important to people. I don't recall complaints about Snout Spout.

I'd add we're still not sure what's up with his gimmick.

If you Google Thunder Punch He-man on the card... I can ALMOST see how one would think the sword he came with was gold from the carded pics there. I wonder if they researched that versus getting a physical copy? It's hard to understand. They could have just made it the same plastic as the punch effect.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    If you Google Thunder Punch He-man on the card... I can ALMOST see how one would think the sword he came with was gold from the carded pics there. I wonder if they researched that versus getting a physical copy? It's hard to understand. They could have just made it the same plastic as the punch effect.
    It's so annoying. I LOVED that translucent yellow sword when I was a kid.

Heroic Warrior Ultimate Sorceress's Avatar
    Personally, I'm a little less concerned if the figures aren't exact faithful copies of the vintage. I agree the sword is a weird copper/gold colour. I think a translucent sword, similar to the Rise of Evil Keldor sword would've been much nicer (more yellow obviously).

I like the idea of the harness being removable. I wasn't expecting the caps action. The spring action for the waist should be offered as the bare minimum.

Vintage Thunder Punch He-Man:

From the Dark Horse MOTU Toy Guide:

- - - Updated - - -

This one seems much more translucent. Maybe it's a COO thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Vintage Thunder Punch He-Man:

https://battleramblog.com/wp-content...6-789x1024.jpg

From the Dark Horse MOTU Toy Guide:

https://i.imgur.com/WYE4Pm5.png

- - - Updated - - -

This one seems much more translucent. Maybe it's a COO thing?

https://i.imgur.com/jTwAv00.png
    Yes, that bottom sword in package is the one we all know and love. I owned this as a kid and it certainly was never dark gold! It was light yellow translucent plastic. I think the Classics version went a little too light, but I appreciated that they actually stuck to the original.

I guess my hope is that they could give us the proper translucent yellow sword with another figure? Like, kind of an apology? Of course, an apology attached to the obligation of having to buy another figure - man I really hate Mattel these days....

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    It's so annoying. I LOVED that translucent yellow sword when I was a kid.
    It's one of the coolest aspects of the figure. One of the coolest sword variants in the line! I am bummed.

Quote Originally Posted by Stridor83 View Post

I guess my hope is that they could give us the proper translucent yellow sword with another figure? Like, kind of an apology? Of course, an apology attached to the obligation of having to buy another figure - man I really hate Mattel these days....
    I hope so. I'd like to see it make it into the line somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by binkibonsai View Post
    ... Is it just me or does it seem like Thunder Punch's action gimmick is just the urine splash?

That does not look worth the $25 price tag. He's just a basic figure!

https://media.entertainmentearth.com...258f9f39xl.jpg
    Dang!! That is one good looking figure!

I like the vintage TP He-Man, but he always had weird proportions... this Origins version puts him on a standard buck which improves the figure 100% for me!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Dang!! That is one good looking figure!

I like the vintage TP He-Man, but he always had weird proportions... this Origins version puts him on a standard buck which improves the figure 100% for me!
    It's a good looking display piece certainly and I've always liked TP's cap harness, but this really shouldn't be more than the standard retail price unless they give him the spring loaded punch and even then...

... They really should have made the lightning more angular though; now I can't look at him without my brain calling him Pe-Man.

Vote with your wallet.

Companies will stop predatory business practices when we stop rewarding it and scrabbling for the newest shiny like brain-damaged junkies.

In lieu of an action feature, I would liked to have seen an extra closed-eyes, teeth-gritting head sculpt for He-Man and a surprised, broken-jaw, mangled head sculpt for Skeletor.

Heroic Warrior
    Target has Masters of the Universe on sale online only today through Saturday.
    The Sun-Man 3 pack is $34.99

Other items like masterverse 40th He-man and She-ra & Hordak are also on sale.
    I had already bought and received so I had Target do a price adjustment

Quote Originally Posted by Powersword123 View Post
    Target has Masters of the Universe on sale online only today through Saturday.
    The Sun-Man 3 pack is $34.99

Other items like masterverse 40th He-man and She-ra & Hordak are also on sale.
    I had already bought and received so I had Target do a price adjustment

Thanks for the reminder. Just called about price adjustment. 29.99 coming back from 2 sets bought. Don't know why a straight up 30, since it was 15 bucks a set. And tax?

Anyways, canceled bbts order of she ra and 40th heman, and ordered from target, since that is a big difference in $ also.

Heroic Warrior
    Finally got a male figure that can sit down properly. Mantenna. I wish the male hip joints were more like this guy's.

Last edited by Etherius Eterno; October 6, 2022 at 07:28pm.

I wonder if it's an electronic gimmick? Maybe a sound effect?