Page 170 of 210 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180 ... LastLast
Results 4,226 to 4,250 of 5229

Thread: Origins: General News

Quote Originally Posted by timrollpickering2 View Post
    Worryingly this is going to give scalpers in other countries a new lease of life if they can offer the goods to here at a cheaper rate than Mattel.
    Maybe we are witnessing the end of the line... global distribution is still chaotic. Some countries get tons of certain figures, other countries get none. Big chains get three of four figures in a wave but never the fourth. Prices are going up, Mattelcreations decides to almost double their prices for the world while economy is going down hill fast with the rising cost of energy.

Exciting times. I assume 9/10 would rather not buy another plastic figurine when the money is tight. Wer are in a bubble in this forum.

Heroic Warrior Ultimate Sorceress's Avatar
    I think the Origins line is still doing relatively well. I think the currency exchange issue with MC is unfortunate and a big mistake. I hope they change it back or they will lose a lot of sales.
    Last edited by Ultimate Sorceress; September 24, 2022 at 05:33pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Powersword123 View Post
    Found on clearance Ram-man, Mosquitor, and Clamp Champ for $6.59 each at Target today.
    Sweet! Good bargain!

Vote with your wallet.

Companies will stop predatory business practices when we stop rewarding it and scrabbling for the newest shiny like brain-damaged junkies.

Quote Originally Posted by ToyCulture View Post
    Maybe we are witnessing the end of the line... global distribution is still chaotic. Some countries get tons of certain figures, other countries get none. Big chains get three of four figures in a wave but never the fourth. Prices are going up, Mattelcreations decides to almost double their prices for the world while economy is going down hill fast with the rising cost of energy.

Exciting times. I assume 9/10 would rather not buy another plastic figurine when the money is tight. Wer are in a bubble in this forum.
    Exactly. Besides, Mattel is a worldwide powerhouse when it comes to toys. It doesn't make any sense that Mattel Creations products cost the double, while at the same time millions of other Mattel products, inclusive Motu, are being sold in European shops at a normal price where taxes are already included.
    It's not like NECA or Super7 who are based in the US only.

So why is Mattel scalping international buyers??? They can easily distribute their Mattel Creations stuff in Europe, same as all the other millions of Mattel toys....

Quote Originally Posted by 0RK0 View Post
    Exactly. Besides, Mattel is a worldwide powerhouse when it comes to toys. It doesn't make any sense that Mattel Creations products cost the double, while at the same time millions of other Mattel products, inclusive Motu, are being sold in European shops at a normal price where taxes are already included.
    It's not like NECA or Super7 who are based in the US only.

So why is Mattel scalping international buyers??? They can easily distribute their Mattel Creations stuff in Europe, same as all the other millions of Mattel toys....
    Iīm with you. Mattel ships in bulk directly from Chinese factories. It doesnt make sense to root stuff through the US and double, triple tax the buyer.

On top of that, I hear Netherlands still has the lower US price for no apparent reason. Maybe we should all get PO boxes in NL and root our stuff tax free from there.

Heroic Warrior
    It's not all European countries that are experiencing, just France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom. And also Canada and Japan.

i.e. the bigger countries in what we used to call the west.

I am looking to see if there's a good remailer in the Republic of Ireland.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by timrollpickering2 View Post
    It's not all European countries that are experiencing, just France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom. And also Canada and Japan.

i.e. the bigger countries in what we used to call the west.

I am looking to see if there's a good remailer in the Republic of Ireland.
    I'd be interested to know how you get on with the remailer!

FedEx delivered on a Sunday? Is that normalACE3046E-8A53-4643-9AF4-6E2F12BDA446.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by volksnuts View Post
    FedEx delivered on a Sunday? Is that normalACE3046E-8A53-4643-9AF4-6E2F12BDA446.jpg
    Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Heroic Warrior
    Is the Mantenna wave still making the rounds, or has it's time passed? I haven't seen anything new since the Jitsu wave, not even FF He-Man or TC Skele. But now I'm finding Leech and Snout Spout here and there, which have Mantenna's wave on their cardback. Is there hope of finding him, or should I save the gas money?

Heroic Warrior Ultimate Sorceress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Is the Mantenna wave still making the rounds, or has it's time passed? I haven't seen anything new since the Jitsu wave, not even FF He-Man or TC Skele. But now I'm finding Leech and Snout Spout here and there, which have Mantenna's wave on their cardback. Is there hope of finding him, or should I save the gas money?
    I think it might depend on where you live? Which country or State and which large stores that usually stock Origins have you been checking, e.g. Target, etc. ?
    Last edited by Ultimate Sorceress; September 25, 2022 at 11:55pm.

Quote Originally Posted by mizterfish View Post
    Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Can't get over that other shows have their exact episode number listed bu CGI He-Man has "12+" episodes.
    Last edited by Bear; September 26, 2022 at 04:02am.

Heroic Warrior
    Mattel Creations 'UK' now wants £215 for the He-Man 4 pack and Grizzlor is a whopping £26 before £9 postage. They definitely need stronger coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy Skeletor View Post
    Mattel Creations 'UK' now wants £215 for the He-Man 4 pack and Grizzlor is a whopping £26 before £9 postage. They definitely need stronger coffee.
    We should coordinate and hammer their Motuesday posts with negative feedback on this issue tomorrow, it's simply outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by tumalu View Post
    We should coordinate and hammer their Motuesday posts with negative feedback on this issue tomorrow, it's simply outrageous.
    Yes, it's beyond ridiculous. It's scalping at this point.
    We are talking about Mattel!! They're international, and distribute toys worldwide. Origins figures are in European stores for around 18Ä, taxes included.

So no need for this new tax scam on creations. All products are being made in china. They could ship to European warehouse without any problems. But instead they opt to scalp.

38Ä for ONE Standart origins figure!!

Lets go my European brothers!

Heroic Warrior
    That's a good idea, I'll certainly be doing that.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    Emailing them doesn't always work, trust me... Call them, it's a lot faster. I've done that with other older orders I've placed with them, and also I've asked them to send me the tracking numbers for each unit they send, and so far they've managed to do so without issues...
    I followed your advice and I'm happy to report that my call was promptly answered and tracking numbers provided.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordakís Emissary View Post
    I followed your advice and I'm happy to report that my call was promptly answered and tracking numbers provided.
    Nice, and I hope it works well for you from now on...
    Creativity is addictive.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Sorceress View Post
    I think it might depend on where you live? Which country or State and which large stores that usually stock Origins have you been checking, e.g. Target, etc. ?
    I'm in Georgia. I check 3-4 Wal-Marts and 1 Target. My hometown's Wal-Mart is notoriously behind the times though. Then there's one that is 30 minutes north, which is pretty good sometimes, one 30 minutes south and one that is about 40 minutes south. It's a lot of gas just to check for no reason. In fact, I've pretty much abandoned them at this point, but the one in my town is likely to always disappoint, so every once in a while, I'll take a trip out. My hometown store has had 3 200x Evil-Lynn's for so long, and they don't seem to want to discount them. I don't think they understand that those are old figures that no one wants, and they probably won't get anything new until those sell out. It's all so very frustrating.

Btw, what wave number was she in, and what is the current wave?

Is there a list of the current releases somewhere?

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Got the 40th set in today. Iíll start by saying that value is subjective. We all see things differently. For various reasons the value was there in this set for me, but barely. Having it in hand though and opening it with my son was awesome. There are some cool details I didnít t know about like the TV guides and the differences in the shows. The vac metal is nowhere near as cool as actual metal but itís the next best thing as far as Iím concerned. Thereís a cheapness to vac metal sometimes that is charming in my opinion. This has that feel for me.

I am pretty critical of Mattel and some of their, in my opinion, boneheaded decisions. I really donít think this was one of them. We all have a willingness to pay for items and thereís nothing wrong with that. It can be frustrating for sure to have things priced out of your value range. For me this was on the edge but Iím glad I bought it after waffling a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiEternia He-Man View Post
    Got the 40th set in today. Iíll start by saying that value is subjective. We all see things differently. For various reasons the value was there in this set for me, but barely. Having it in hand though and opening it with my son was awesome. There are some cool details I didnít t know about like the TV guides and the differences in the shows. The vac metal is nowhere near as cool as actual metal but itís the next best thing as far as Iím concerned. Thereís a cheapness to vac metal sometimes that is charming in my opinion. This has that feel for me.

I am pretty critical of Mattel and some of their, in my opinion, boneheaded decisions. I really donít think this was one of them. We all have a willingness to pay for items and thereís nothing wrong with that. It can be frustrating for sure to have things priced out of your value range. For me this was on the edge but Iím glad I bought it after waffling a bit.
    I respect your point of view and I'm really glad that you liked the set... However, let me ask you this; do you think this set would've felt of a lesser value if you spent $50-$80 less on it?.. Just a genuine question.

I still personally think this set overall looks awesome, but not $150 awesome... These days, I tend to value things for what they would mean to me (or to the ones I love), rather than what I have to spend on it or how it was marketed it to me by some guy in a suit or a company.

Some people have sentimental values for what they spend on, others think of the aftermarket value of the things they purchase, some justify spending the money on toys over on harmful substances or a stupid date, and the list goes on...
    Creativity is addictive.

I respect your point of view and I'm really glad that you liked the set... However, let me ask you this; do you think this set would've felt of a lesser value if you spent $50-$80 less on it?.. Just a genuine question.

I still personally think this set overall looks awesome, but not $150 awesome... These days, I tend to value things for what they would mean to me (or to the ones I love), rather than what I have to spend on it or how it was marketed it to me by some guy in a suit or a company.

Some people have sentimental values for what they spend on, others think of the aftermarket value of the things they purchase, some justify spending the money on toys over on harmful substances or a stupid date, and the list goes on...
    I donít really tie too much of the value to price, though price is part of the equation. In the end Iím either willing to pay asking price or not, whether itís $80 cheaper or the full $150. I have things that are worth less than the dirt they sit on that I wouldnít take any amount of money for. Similarly, there are some expensive items out in the world that I wouldnít pay a nickel for. Maybe the set will end up clearanced and more people who have a lower willingness to pay can get a shot at it. That would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiEternia He-Man View Post
    I donít really tie too much of the value to price, though price is part of the equation. In the end Iím either willing to pay asking price or not, whether itís $80 cheaper or the full $150. I have things that are worth less than the dirt they sit on that I wouldnít take any amount of money for. Similarly, there are some expensive items out in the world that I wouldnít pay a nickel for. Maybe the set will end up clearanced and more people who have a lower willingness to pay can get a shot at it. That would be great.
    Thank you, and that's a good answer/outlook IMHO.
    As for the Origins line and its "exclusives", I hope Mattel will start treating this line and MOTU in general as "a love letter" to the adult fans and their kids rather than an opportunity to capitalize on them and on their wallets, especially If they are already making billions in profit from Barbie, Hotwheels and whatnot...
    Creativity is addictive.

Thank you, and that's a good answer/outlook IMHO.
    As for the Origins line and its "exclusives", I hope Mattel will start treating this line and MOTU in general as "a love letter" to the adult fans and their kids rather than an opportunity to capitalize on them and on their wallets, especially If they are already making billions in profit from Barbie, Hotwheels and whatnot...
    Believe me, I waffled on this set until the last minute. It was right at the edge of my comfort zone for what it was. If I knew it would go on sale Iíd have waited for sure. I do that with McFarlane figures. And I just did it with Masterverse TriKlops. I really liked that figure but was pretty sure it would drop below $20 at some point due to past sales on MOTU stuff. I would definitely have paid full price but gambled and won due to Deep Discountís sale. Now to wait on Trap JawÖ