Page 135 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137 LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,375 of 3404

Thread: Origins: General News

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Masters IG posted this image today along with Terror Claws. Maybe ScubAttack coming?
    What the heck!? Was that actually REAL in the vintage line? I've never seen that before in my life. Makes me think of Centurions lol. So unnecessary - they were really scraping the barrel at this point. At least with dinosaurs they were tapping into a medium that so many 80s kids loved, so I can see why they went there. ScubaAttack, not so much!

I'm still waiting on just a normal Prince Adam figure with actual SOFT GOODS vest in the proper purple vintage coloring. They should do a rubber belt this time around though with a gold buckle painted on. I really want a redo of the original, which this line is supposed to be about.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Including an un-released figure would be the only way to entice me to buy any of those lame accessory sets. If Mattel puts them out on their own like the vintage ones, they're a hard pass for me.

I think Tower Tools is the only other one you didn't mention.
    I like the idea that the Jet Sled could come with Flip Shot, but I also like the idea that the packed in accessory could give the figure an ability that they don't have.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 8/10/2022

Quote Originally Posted by MCX-Eternia View Post
    I really don't think they'd manage to poll the 6-year-old Billys of the world.
    Exactly. Just like the 6-year-old Billys aren't logging in to a website to purchase a figure (and fight bots) that should be waiting for them on a shelf at the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Like how Mattel had on their social media with Masterverse figures?
    Yep. I posted these in the Revelation thread when they were dropped.

I love the use of stop-motion with figures, and it could be a real selling point for Mattel... BUT, the figures HAVE got to be available for kids to buy at the store!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Exactly. Just like the 6-year-old Billys aren't logging in to a website to purchase a figure (and fight bots) that should be waiting for them on a shelf at the store.
    I love the use of stop-motion with figures, and it could be a real selling point for Mattel... BUT, the figures HAVE got to be available for kids to buy at the store!!
    I don't see how it's even possible to please you on this point. Chain toy stores don't exist in the US anymore, and the general chains that carry action figures (Wal-Mart and Target) do have MotU Origins on the shelves. You know what that means at the Target I checked at 11:00 AM today? 4 nude Stratoi, 2 Jitsus and a Buzz Off on the basic peg and a mix of Battle Armor main characters, Clamp Champ and Mosquitor on the deluxe peg. So what's Mattel supposed to do, make animation starring the newest characters they offer to retailers? Those would also be characters 6-year-old boys can't find at the brick & mortar stores. Make animation starring the pegwarmers so kids will want them? They're not pegwarming in every store (apparently adult collectors are finding the Mantenna wave and Leech/Snout in some states), so if animation convinced 6-year-olds to like (non-CGI) MotU, in some markets they'd only find the new figures in stores.
    You simply cannot make every figure available to kids when they don't care about a line. Toys kids like sell through. If they don't like '80s He-Man, the limited shelf space for an SKU will quickly fill up because the 8 adult collectors in a mid-sized city like mine who go to Target instead of buying online weren't completionists.

The scubattack may be lame, but the vintage box is my favorite art. Skeletor looks so evil.

I wonder what happened to those tens of thousands of first run He-Man and Skeletors that were as far as the eye can see at Target and Walmart during the beginning of the pandemic? Now they are gone. Same with the Rise Of Evil 2-pack. I wonder where they were offloaded to. Maybe Big Lots or Dollar General?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by eightbit View Post
    I wonder what happened to those tens of thousands of first run He-Man and Skeletors that were as far as the eye can see at Target and Walmart during the beginning of the pandemic? Now they are gone. Same with the Rise Of Evil 2-pack. I wonder where they were offloaded to. Maybe Big Lots or Dollar General?
    Not sure if they're American or European, but a load turned up in a discount store in the UK.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy Skeletor View Post
    Not sure if they're American or European, but a load turned up in a discount store in the UK.
    Which one?

B & m...............

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    B & m...............
    Yup, bought a few for 'eventualities', now down to a tenner.

I'm just guessing here but I wonder if Mattel brought them back in, switched the heads to classic style, and re-sold them under some kind of a deal for the retailer?
    “It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Heroic Warrior
    Oh, hang on, I misread the post! B&M got the vintage heads.

Heroic Warrior
    get ready for tons of this stuff at ollies for xmas. they already starting getting in the wind raider and deluxe cgi heman. im sure much much more will follow. they basically get stock in from August through November. Also they got tons of gi joe snakes eyes merch to kick things off.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    B & m...............
    Clearly not the Barking one.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm confused. Pixel Dan posted a video a few hours ago at Power-Con "just before the doors open" but I don't see anyone talking about it. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    I'm confused. Pixel Dan posted a video a few hours ago at Power-Con "just before the doors open" but I don't see anyone talking about it. Am I missing something?
    Well, there’s nothing Mattel here at all- if you are speaking of the scubattack.

If you just mean PowerCon, I have tried in the PowerCon thread but, nobody seems to care much now.

For the record, the only reveal I know of will be from Formo Toys tomorrow with their product samples. Everyone loves Four Horseman but, there was nothing new. I think Savage Crucible’s figures are the most awesome things on the horizon with the crazy articulation and it was awesom e to see them in person. I bought some art from Rudy Obrero and Nate B but, otherwise, there’s a few rows of toys.
    Last edited by Glasstor; August 5, 2022 at 08:10pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Well, there’s nothing Mattel here at all- if you are speaking of the scubattack.

If you just mean PowerCon, I have tried in the PowerCon thread but, nobody seems to care much now.

For the record, the only reveal I know of will be from Formo Toys tomorrow with their product samples. Everyone loves Four Horseman but, there was nothing new. I think Savage Crucible’s figures are the most awesome things on the horizon with the crazy articulation and it was awesom e to see them in person. I bought some art from Rudy Obrero and Nate B but, otherwise, there’s a few rows of toys.
    He was showing of NECA's latex masks.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    He was showing of NECA's latex masks.
    Oh, I see. Check out the artist’s other mask work at @mortarheads on IG. He is an awesome mask maker.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by classic View Post
    get ready for tons of this stuff at ollies for xmas. they already starting getting in the wind raider and deluxe cgi heman. im sure much much more will follow. they basically get stock in from August through November. Also they got tons of gi joe snakes eyes merch to kick things off.
    Yeah tell me about it I was able to pick up a slew of transformers I missed out on at ollies

Can I ask one quick question does any one here really think people are paying over $90 for Sun-man (Mattel. Creation one) Mini comics Triklops and Kol-Darr or is it a ton of shill bidding to try to raise the price?
    Last edited by tmthor; August 6, 2022 at 12:56am.

Quote Originally Posted by tmthor View Post
    Yeah tell me about it I was able to pick up a slew of transformers I missed out on at ollies

Can I ask one quick question does any one here really think people are paying over $90 for Sun-man (Mattel. Creation one) Mini comics Triklops and Kol-Darr or is it a ton of shill bidding to try to raise the price?
    Around 60 to 90 dollar completed sales at ebay.com for Kol-Dar. I didnt look up Sun-Man.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by tmthor View Post

Yes, I do think that comics Tri-Klops is regularly selling at that price.

It’s been a good Origins week for me. Earlier this week, my EBay Wun-Dar arrived, then I got a very cheap Flying Fists from Amazon, and today my Creations Kol-Dar arrived. They all look great, and I’m excited for all the mini-comics!

Unpacked Flying Fists first, he gives me such a fun retro vibe, with the vac metal and the action feature! The wind-swept head is cool, too, and it also provided me with my first full power sword. Such a fun set.

At the time of this posting, Pig-Head and 200X He-Man are in stock at BBTS in case anyone wants to know...

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Searc...New&Brand=2603

I have never bought from BBTS, do the figures generally arrive in excellent condition carefully packaged?

Heroic Warrior Ultimate Sorceress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Faker78 View Post
    I have never bought from BBTS, do the figures generally arrive in excellent condition carefully packaged?
    It depends on the condition/grade you've selected. I received 5 items last week, they were all standard items (not collector) and honestly they weren't well packaged. Lots of space/pockets for the items to bump against each other. Half of the cards were in good condition, the other would not pass as 'mint on card' due to creases on the corners, etc.