Page 168 of 170 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170 LastLast
Results 4,176 to 4,200 of 4228

Thread: Origins: General News

  1. #4176
    Heroic Warrior binkibonsai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    402
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Saw on Facebook that someone got their Teela/Zoar set, and Teela's armour, sword and bracers don't have the gold paint that was shown in promo images, it's all just...yellow...
    Sooo... Like She-Ra's mustard bracers n boots then?

    Is that not wot was expected? Toys almost always look better in the promo pics than in person.

    Vote with your wallet.

    Companies will stop predatory business practices when we stop rewarding it and scrabbling for the newest shiny like brain-damaged junkies.

  2. #4177
    Lord of Nothingness Darkkosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by binkibonsai View Post
    It's a test. Hasbro tried the whole drop quality raise price schtick with TF in the mid 2000s and when sales dropped like an anvil in a lake, they jacked up quality again.

    Origins price hike wasn't a bait and switch, it was Mattel management making a change in direction.

    Origins failed with the kiddies so it's gonna become the new collectors line and like I said, collectors will get bled to make up the sales because suits see collectors the way dealers see addicts.

    There will be justifications of course; covid, the Chinese labor upgrade, the economy, the fuel crisis, climate change, etc.

    If we let ourselves get suckered this bad we'll eventually see em test whether they can charge Four Horsemen prices with retail level quality.

    If a producer of goods cannot provide a product at wot customers deem an acceptable price, then they have simply failed as a provider of their goods.

    I don't see all this understanding and unconditional acceptance directed towards Formo's pricing and as an indie company their margins are probably way lower than Mattel's.

    Blind brand loyalty is wot keeps people from creating a healthy competitive environment in which the collectors would be spoiled for choice and companies would be beholden to the consumer, not the other way round.
    Again, good post....

    Some people here just love to argue either with a condescending attitude as if they're the experts, or don't have a good perspective on how the toy industry work in general... There are a lot of factors involved on how toy companies direct certain products and how they funnel funds from one channel to another to make things work on their end without losing or cutting profits if things go as planned.
    Creativity is addictive.

  3. #4178
    Widget
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Saw on Facebook that someone got their Teela/Zoar set, and Teela's armour, sword and bracers don't have the gold paint that was shown in promo images, it's all just...yellow...
    First youtube reviews are out:

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0-FhOKmkzT8

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj3BJeM49cM

  4. #4179
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastermind View Post
    First youtube reviews are out:

    [video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0-FhOKmkzT8[/url]

    [video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj3BJeM49cM[/url]
    Teela is like a mix of at least vintage, Ladybird book and mini comic, depending on which ones you had!

  5. #4180
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Saw on Facebook that someone got their Teela/Zoar set, and Teela's armour, sword and bracers don't have the gold paint that was shown in promo images, it's all just...yellow...
    I just got my set and can confirm this is true. However, I don't mind. I can also confirm that I got the US version from BBTS, not the international one.

  6. #4181
    Heroic Warrior d0od's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    187
    I don't have a Teela yet, so I was kinda planning to not get her and just get this set but… that not-gold is quite a disappointment.

  7. #4182
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by timrollpickering2 View Post
    Hmm - can someone not in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Spain, Italy or Japan have a look and see what the prices are there?
    Australia, and everything is as it was before - all USD, all the same prices as previously listed, all the way though checkout (except for actually paying, not going that far ).

  8. #4183
    Heroic Warrior Lich Leech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Battle Ram Blog
    Posts
    4,668
    Not happy with the colors I'm seeing for Zoar/Teela. Problems as I see them:

    • Extreme neon yellow colors on weapons and outfit - not gold or even faux gold
    • Very pale skin for some reason
    • Zoar's perch and accessories look orange, not red
    • Would it kill them to finally give her armor that matches her boots?


    I like most Origins figures, but it seems like every 10th figure or so they mess up pretty bad on the colors.

  9. #4184
    Heroic Warrior Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy Skeletor View Post
    Teela is like a mix of at least vintage, Ladybird book and mini comic, depending on which ones you had!
    200X too, particularly the sword.

  10. #4185
    Lord of Nothingness Darkkosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Not happy with the colors I'm seeing for Zoar/Teela. Problems as I see them:

    • Extreme neon yellow colors on weapons and outfit - not gold or even faux gold
    • Very pale skin for some reason
    • Zoar's perch and accessories look orange, not red
    • Would it kill them to finally give her armor that matches her boots?


    I like most Origins figures, but it seems like every 10th figure or so they mess up pretty bad on the colors.
    Adam, I think the first video is a little color saturated, so things might look a little off.
    Yes, things are little on the brighter side as a design choice with Origins, but wait until you get the merchandise in hand. Probably with his set they wanted to capture Teela's colors from the mini-comics being pale and all...
    Creativity is addictive.

  11. #4186
    Heroic Warrior depp76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    2,932
    My 40th four pack just shipped.

  12. #4187
    Heroic Warrior mizterfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by binkibonsai View Post
    It's a test. Hasbro tried the whole drop quality raise price schtick with TF in the mid 2000s and when sales dropped like an anvil in a lake, they jacked up quality again.

    Origins price hike wasn't a bait and switch, it was Mattel management making a change in direction.

    Origins failed with the kiddies so it's gonna become the new collectors line and like I said, collectors will get bled to make up the sales because suits see collectors the way dealers see addicts.

    There will be justifications of course; covid, the Chinese labor upgrade, the economy, the fuel crisis, climate change, etc.

    If we let ourselves get suckered this bad we'll eventually see em test whether they can charge Four Horsemen prices with retail level quality.

    If a producer of goods cannot provide a product at wot customers deem an acceptable price, then they have simply failed as a provider of their goods.

    I don't see all this understanding and unconditional acceptance directed towards Formo's pricing and as an indie company their margins are probably way lower than Mattel's.

    Blind brand loyalty is wot keeps people from creating a healthy competitive environment in which the collectors would be spoiled for choice and companies would be beholden to the consumer, not the other way round.
    Inevitably if things get too high, people need to make choices and Mattel will have to deal with it. I’ve already gone from “need it all” to “meh, not a huge fan of that particular figure- I can skip it”. Dropped Mega Construx and Minis from the list. Still am mostly in on Origins, Masterverse and CGI , but skipping some.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  13. #4188
    Heroic Warrior Ultimate Sorceress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Location
    Melbourne, Oz
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    My 40th four pack just shipped.
    Ooooh! That's awesome!

  14. #4189
    Heroic Warrior banthafett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,138
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    My 40th four pack just shipped.
    Mine also!

  15. #4190
    Heroic Warrior mizterfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    701
    Mine too.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  16. #4191
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    9,987
    I can't wait!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  17. #4192
    Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    957

    Origins: General News

    I didn't see that it was posted yet (sorry if it has been) but BBTS has the Randor (yes!) wave in stock. Just ordered him.

    Didn't see that coming. Seems BBTS has been last in line to get the Origins figures, generally.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

  18. #4193
    Lord of Nothingness Darkkosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRandorFacepalm View Post
    I didn't see that it was posted yet (sorry if it has been) but BBTS has the Randor (yes!) wave in stock. Just ordered him.

    Didn't see that coming. Seems BBTS has been last in line to get the Origins figures, generally.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We were talking about this wave in the last few pages of the other thread in regards to "The multi-language packaging; none American version"!
    This would probably mean textless mini-comics and less descriptive cardbacks! So be aware of this issue when ordering this wave (10) and the previous wave (9) from BBTS.
    Creativity is addictive.

  19. #4194
    Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    957
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    We were talking about this wave in the last few pages of the other thread in regards to "The multi-language packaging; none American version"!
    This would probably mean textless mini-comics and less descriptive cardbacks! So be aware of this issue when ordering this wave (10) and the previous wave (9) from BBTS.
    Thanks. I saw some of that discussion but didn't see that it was this wave that was being discussed. Thought it was Mantenna, etc. I just want the Randor figure. They can put it in a zip lock baggie for all I care.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

  20. #4195
    Heroic Warrior omee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by timrollpickering2 View Post
    Hmm - can someone not in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Spain, Italy or Japan have a look and see what the prices are there?
    40th anniversary pack is now $240 CAD. $150 usd to cad at todays rate is like $200 so they're charging an extra $40. With shipping and taxes it comes out almost $300 cad!!! This is price gauging. This could mean Wun-dar may be $50 cad. Ridiculous.
    Last edited by omee; Yesterday at 01:11am.

  21. #4196
    Heroic Warrior Smitty.81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Wichita Falls, TX, USA
    Posts
    2,142
    Quote Originally Posted by omee View Post
    40th anniversary pack is now $240 CAD. $150 usd to cad at todays rate is like $200 so they're charging an extra $40. With shipping and taxes it comes out almost $300 cad!!! This is price gauging. This could mean Wun-dar may be $50 cad. Ridiculous.
    That extra $40 may cover some of their shipping and import fees. But I don't thing Wun-Darr will be that much of a mark up.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    Do I get to go to SDCC as well if I buy this set, that’s not such a bad deal then.
    Mattel has to pay to go to SDCC.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    Again, I believe your assumptions aren't factual of how Mattel is pricing their exclusive products, unless you prove it... Plus how do you know the He-Man 4 pack high price was setup to actually cover the SDCC?
    I don't it's just an educated guess based on past observations.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 9/16/2022

  22. #4197
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    98
    The UK price for the 40th anniversary pack has fallen a whopping £5.

    The site has also updated the banner at the top and we now get "Enjoy £9 standard and £17 Express shipping on all orders. Prices are inclusive of Duty and Tax." Talk about misreading the room - every MC shipment so far to here has not needed any additional payments and in the UK displayed prices are what you pay with no additional charges added on at the check out.
    Last edited by timrollpickering2; Yesterday at 08:38am.

  23. #4198
    Heroic Warrior Smitty.81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Wichita Falls, TX, USA
    Posts
    2,142
    Quote Originally Posted by timrollpickering2 View Post
    The UK price for the 40th anniversary pack has fallen a whopping £5.

    The site has also update the banner at the top and we now get "Enjoy £9 standard and £17 Express shipping on all orders. Prices are inclusive of Duty and Tax." Talk about misreading the room - every MC shipment so far to here has not needed any additional payments and in the UK displayed prices are what you pay with no additional charges added on at the check out.
    I don't know all the ins and outs of international shipping but clearly something has changed.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 9/16/2022

  24. #4199
    Heroic Warrior Kinghsss456's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    612
    Anyone else waiting on their He-Man 4 pack to ship? They took their money but I have not received confirmation that they shipped

  25. #4200
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    98
    Digging by some people on the MC Hot Wheels forum has discovered this on the Shipping Rates & Policy page:

    https://creations.mattel.com/pages/s...g-rates-policy

    International Terms & Conditions

    Please carefully read the following terms and conditions concerning international orders with Mattel Creations.

    All prices on the Mattel Creations are shown in U.S. dollars (USD) except in the following countries: Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Japan. The price is exclusive of any shipping and processing charges (added during checkout), import duties, and taxes (assessed at Customs).
    (Note that is not on the Terms & Conditions page.)

    Is it a coincidence those seven seem to be amongst the biggest international markets for Mattel?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •