Page 16 of 82 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Origins: General News

Quote Originally Posted by octavio View Post
    Mattel should hire an employee per city, who guarantees and ensures that the product is in constant movement between the stores and markets of the city... First, guaranteeing that the different companies receive a varied product; that is to say: they are not going to send the same merchandise to each store, but each one is going to receive a varied product, and this advisor would be in charge of making the merchandise move between stores regardless of the company, in this way it guarantees that the product is accessible, attractive and varied for the consumer, and that it is not stuck in the warehouses for months, or put up for auction, thus the scalpers also run out of business, and that utility is left to the company. Plus Mattel could get plenty of volunteers who are willing to do the job for a couple of hours a week, and they might as well be paid in Mattel product, instead of money.

We live in a moment of time where you need to try diferent methods and innovate. Hope they don`t take the same route as always: that is to quite on their product, and never leaving time for it to grow instead.

- - - Updated - - -

You can even make a network of volunteers between cities who, digitally and in contact with the company, are reporting the status of sales, which characters are selling more, which ones need to be re-stocked, which ones need to be moved to other stores. , or to other cities, states or countries, and take advantage of the digital age, in this intelligent, innovative and captivating way, thus attracting the customer to the stores and acquiring the product in the old way, so as not to end up converting us into a completely , cold, inhuman and socially dead society
    I can't imagine them hiring anyone, but they could just make an app and we'd all help them out for free. We just log the inventory when we hit stores. I think you are right. They should try something new.

Mattel already has representatives at retail stores. They visit every store that mattel has a presence in. They make sure stock is filled and bins from the back are worked. Their concerns are more with games, Barbie and Hot wheels.

Neca has an ambassador program where a volunteer takes 1 target. Their job is to straighten the Neca section up and take a pic to send to Neca once a week. You were then entered in to a contrast to win gift cards. This program did very little to effect the fact the some stores overflowed with product and others suffered.

The logistics and algorithms that go into this are way beyond any off us.
    Last edited by horseman1981; January 18, 2022 at 08:05pm.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Heroic Warrior
    I really wish there was a new leak list or something, waiting for wave 8 is killing me! And I say that as someone with Stridor arriving in a few days!

Quote Originally Posted by whakojacko View Post
    In my area, the Castle Grayskulls at Walmart were always in a completely different aisle than the figures. I always found them one aisle over with the Mega Construx stuff. At Target, they were always over with the playhouses, in between the DVD and book section and seasonal candy section. Again, never with the figures. I donít think there has been one time in the last 6 months that I havenít seen a stack of them at Target. Iím not sure if everyone is aware that they arenít with the figures. Iím not saying they havenít just sold out in your area, is this where you guys are looking though? Itís also possible that your store just didnít get any. As far as the Wind Raider, Iíve yet to see one.
    One of my Walmarts had them in the building block isle, the other one had them with the hot wheels and 3rd did not have it and my local Target, I never bothered to look because I got the castle while it was still a Walmart exclusive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by octavio View Post
    Mattel should hire an employee per city, who guarantees and ensures that the product is in constant movement between the stores and markets of the city... First, guaranteeing that the different companies receive a varied product; that is to say: they are not going to send the same merchandise to each store, but each one is going to receive a varied product, and this advisor would be in charge of making the merchandise move between stores regardless of the company, in this way it guarantees that the product is accessible, attractive and varied for the consumer, and that it is not stuck in the warehouses for months, or put up for auction, thus the scalpers also run out of business, and that utility is left to the company. Plus Mattel could get plenty of volunteers who are willing to do the job for a couple of hours a week, and they might as well be paid in Mattel product, instead of money.

We live in a moment of time where you need to try diferent methods and innovate. Hope they don`t take the same route as always: that is to quite on their product, and never leaving time for it to grow instead.

- - - Updated - - -

You can even make a network of volunteers between cities who, digitally and in contact with the company, are reporting the status of sales, which characters are selling more, which ones need to be re-stocked, which ones need to be moved to other stores. , or to other cities, states or countries, and take advantage of the digital age, in this intelligent, innovative and captivating way, thus attracting the customer to the stores and acquiring the product in the old way, so as not to end up converting us into a completely , cold, inhuman and socially dead society
    The problem is that by the time the toys get to the store Mattel no longer owns them. The retailers buy them and for Mattel, that's it, money is made. It's the retailers ****** distribution networks that are too blame. I live in a small-ish town and we just don't get a lot of stuff. According to they guy I talk to at Target, the store is "low priority" because they don't bring in as much money as the stores in the DFW area so they don't get as much or big ticket items.

The best any toy company can do is send a represented to the story and check on what's in the store and see if it's in the right spot. The only other option would be to ship directly to each store. With Walmarts 4,743 stores and Targets 1,926 stores so that's nearly 7,000 trucks, truck drivers and maybe an assistant to help unload and stock, and that's not even taking into account all the other toys Mattel makes that would need to be on that truck, or trucks. Then there's the logistics of shipping just Mattel products from China to the US then sorting them so each of those 7,000 stores get's a fair deal. Then they'll have to deal with stores that sell through their stock quicker than others.

But again once the retailer's check clears the bank why should Mattel care?
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 5/21/2022

Great to hear all the points you guys bringed on...

Yeah i was missing some points, but well, after all the idea is to keep this property alive.

I really hope they can figure out a way to make this work.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    The problem is that by the time the toys get to the store Mattel no longer owns them. The retailers buy them and for Mattel, that's it, money is made. It's the retailers ****** distribution networks that are too blame.
    Spot on, Smitty. It's pretty crazy.

Depending on where you live, a person may not even know that MOTU is an actual thing again. Or, like in my area, stores may stock the CGI toys, but not Origins or Masterverse.

Damn, I miss KB Toys and TRU.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; January 19, 2022 at 02:50pm.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Spot on, Smitty. It's pretty crazy.

Depending on where you live, a person may not even know that MOTU is an actual thing again. Or, like in my area, stores may stock the CGI toys, but not Origins or Masterverse.

Damn, I miss KB Toys and TRU.
    It doesn't help that broadcast TV is dying either. Back in the early 2000's Mattel could have, and did run adds for their MOTU line to make the public aware of the new product. Hell they don't even seem to be using their social media accounts to the full potential.

What their twitter should look like...

What their twitter looks like.

My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 5/21/2022

I couldn't help but notice that both Hot Wheels and Thomas the Tank Engine (both Mattel products) have really cool games available for free in app form that can be installed on a tablet in seconds - why is there nothing similar for MOTU? I feel like Mattel is missing an obvious opportunity there considering that kids today practically live on their electronics. Why are they not tapping into that market for MOTU like they are with their other bigger brands? When it comes to cross-pollination across various media platforms (an essential marketing tool for modern toys) it seems that MOTU's brand manager (Who is it even? They're seemingly invisible) is dropping the ball.

There is ďHe-man Tappers of GrayskullĒ, but that hasnít been updated in years. My son liked that when he was a kid.

I think we may have to come to terms with the fact that even though we love He-man, most people are indifferent to the property. The fact that pretty much every toy department is wiped out of toys but there are massive amounts of masters sitting is a cause of concern. Despite what others are saying here. Iím a Star Wars collector as well and on the many Star Wars sites Iím on I see people complaining that empty Star Wars pegs are being filled with He-man figures that donít move. You can keep going on with everything is fine but Iíve read this book before, I know the ending.

Mattel just put out news of a new Jurassic Park collection, effectively killing the 6 inch scaled amber collection in favor of the 3.75 inch line. Companies are releasing news now thru February, so it will be telling what mattel does for masters. I thought with the carry over of all 3 masters lines in the new mods at Walmart that things would be ok for while and Iím sure they will be. But even the new CGI stuff is sitting at all of my stores. In an age where pegs are empty and stores keep nothing in back for extra stock, full pegs and top stock for something is not a good sign. Stores donít want the top stock anymore.

Iím sure the usuals will jump down my throat for this post, but as many of us know, we see whatís coming. Myself, Iím just going to enjoy it while itís here. If it ends this year, Iíve got a great collection, if it goes on Iíll collect even more. My sun does not rise and fall with masters.

Good journey.

Court Magician
    Iíve been feeling very similar to you, horseman, because wave 7 had been sitting untouched at my local target since early December, but i went back yesterday for the first time in a while, and it had almost all sold through. Origins He-Man, Skeletor, and Masterverse Battlecat weíre all on clearance, and some things were marked down, but they had expanded the Master section somewhat, and there were some CGI figures. And Stridor has already been stocked and sold out of the app is to be believed. Plus, things from online retailers seem sell out pretty fast. So Iím feeling slightly optimistic, Mattel just really needs to communicate what their plan is this year soon.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalGrandpa View Post
    Iíve been feeling very similar to you, horseman, because wave 7 had been sitting untouched at my local target since early December, but i went back yesterday for the first time in a while, and it had almost all sold through. Origins He-Man, Skeletor, and Masterverse Battlecat weíre all on clearance, and some things were marked down, but they had expanded the Master section somewhat, and there were some CGI figures. And Stridor has already been stocked and sold out of the app is to be believed. Plus, things from online retailers seem sell out pretty fast. So Iím feeling slightly optimistic, Mattel just really needs to communicate what their plan is this year soon.
    Masters is the strangest line. One moment everything feels fine and boom cancelled. The next moment nothing seems to sell then the line goes on. Iím enjoying these lines a lot so I hope they continue for some time. I have no interest in them going away.

Heroic Warrior
    Idk if this is somehow just the Targets near me or something, but there's now a MOTU endcap (the one where Pokemon Celebrations stuff was stocked at my Targets) featuring Masterverse and Origins stuff.

Like, this is happening at two of the three (and the third is a ****** small Target).

Target is my issue of concern. I was just at a Buffalo store the other day and say how much the motu section expanded. I made small chat with the employee and said masters must be really selling to get this big section. His replyÖĒnot necessarily, itís just thatís the only action figure we have a lot of.Ē Now thatís just one employee at one Target, but that comment gave me a few thoughts.

Man I just hope I get to see an Origins Leech. I've had so much fun collecting this line. Got my Terror Claw and Flying Fist toys the other day and was enamored with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stampede View Post
    Man I just hope I get to see an Origins Leech. I've had so much fun collecting this line. Got my Terror Claw and Flying Fist toys the other day and was enamored with them.
    Dear lord please. I hope this line finishes all the vintage figures. I know that’s a tall order, but with the now 40 year old figures starting to follow the laws of physics, I look at this line as a legacy line…protecting the past figures. I’m hoping mattel doesn’t go “Mattel” and these lines keep trucking. Even if it moves online to keep going.

I love classics and always will, but origins brings back those memories of being a kid again.

I know what you mean. I said the same thing to my wife. I feel like a kid again. For ages I played with the idea of rebuilding my vintage collection, but now it's like I get to buy them all from new. I can't get enough. Probably should not talk like the line is over...but having been a collector since 200x, I also know how twitchy Mattel is and when you -really- love something that they bring out, it's hard not to also feel paranoid all the time. It's a terrible burden. Regardless I will patch up any missing vintage figs with actual vintage figs. The display really nicely together, which is another added bonus to the Origins line IMO.

Wow, also can't believe I joined this forum 15 years ago. Though I do disappear on occasion, I've had nothing but nice experiences here.

I knowÖthat damn 200x toy line really scarred us didnít itÖ.

I know itís not true but I feel like mattel is alwaysÖ..Ēoh you love this line and others do toĒÖ..ĒcancelledĒ.

"Nice toyline we got here...would be a pity if something happened to it...."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Stampede View Post
    Where did you get terror claws Skeletor and flying fist he-man from ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbase0000 View Post
    Where did you get terror claws Skeletor and flying fist he-man from ?
    Now that's a weird story, one which won't give you much satisfaction I'm afraid. The distribution has been so weird. Here in SA we missed some of the earlier figures...but then we ended up getting some of the later waves before anyone else. We have a local retailer called Takealot which is kind of like a lesser amazon. One night, or morning rather (like 5 am) I checked their section and there they were! Bought them instantly and poof it's like they were never there (other collectors here snatching them up) they arrived a couple of days later. Sorry I could not be more help.

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    I knowÖthat damn 200x toy line really scarred us didnít itÖ.

I know itís not true but I feel like mattel is alwaysÖ..Ēoh you love this line and others do toĒÖ..ĒcancelledĒ.
    A lot of people remain upset over the cancellation of 200X, but I'd say the cancellation of the vintage line was far more offensive because they replaced it with NA, which had the wrong scale and ugly sculpts. They should have stuck with the Powers of Grayskull expansion as planned...

We gotta give them props for Classics though - they gave us the entire vintage line and tons more beyond that which we never had previously. They fulfilled many fan dreams with that line.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    We gotta give them props for Classics though - they gave us the entire vintage line and tons more beyond that which we never had previously. They fulfilled many fan dreams with that line.
    Meteorbs: Are we a joke to you?
    ORIGINS Wishlist: Bow & Kowl, Shadow Weaver, Catra, Swift Wind, Cringer, Kobra Khan, Slime Pit He-Man, Talon Fighter & Point Dread, and Snake Mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Fandabidozi View Post
    Meteorbs: Are we a joke to you?
    147804534_1872418276244369_3809631611974890236_n.jpg

Well...

I never owned any of the Meteorbs when I was a kid, but I do remember seeing them in stores near the end of the line and thinking how they just didn't "fit in". I didn't have the desire to collect them then and still don't now, which is why I really didn't miss them not being made in Classics.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    I never owned any of the Meteorbs when I was a kid, but I do remember seeing them in stores near the end of the line and thinking how they just didn't "fit in". I didn't have the desire to collect them then and still don't now, which is why I really didn't miss them not being made in Classics.
    They may be lame but in a good way
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP